Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,786 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:23 AM

Is There A Better Way? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Is There A Better Way? (515 Views)

Better Way To Make Money / Better Way To Earn Your Dollars / Does Travelling Abroad Truly Guarantee A Better Future? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is There A Better Way? by Mcfemad(m): 4:39pm On Sep 27, 2010
There was once a young boy who was blind from birth, he sat along the streets everyday to beg for money. He had his hat in front of him where money were usually dropped by passersby, with an inscription hanging over his neck that says I AM BLIND. PLEASE HELP ME!!!
A man walked up to him one day, dropped a few coins in the hat, took away the inscriptions from the boy's neck, cleaned the writings off, and wrote something on it.
Passersby came and dropped money, in few minutes, the hat containing the money was full to the brim, the boy could not believe as he had never had such before.
Soon, the earlier man that earlier wrote on his neck came by,the boy could understand his footsteps, he asked ”Were you the one who changed my sign this morning? What did you write?”
The man answered and said " I only wrote the truth but in a different way"
'What did you write'? , he asked him. What he had written was
TODAY IS BEAUTIFUL AND I CANNOT SEE IT.
The young boy was amazed at this juncture, he could not digest what he has just heard. He had probably got it wrong somewhere.

Do you think the first sign and the second sign were saying the same thing?
Of course both signs told people the
boy was blind.
But the first sign simply told people to help by putting some money in the hat. The second sign told people that they were able to enjoy the beauty of the day, but the boy could not enjoy it because he was blind. Should we be surprised that the second sign was more effective?
LESSONS
There are at least two lessons we can learn from this simple story.
1.The first is, “Be thankful for what you have. Someone else has less. Help where you can.”
The second is Be Creative, Innovative. Think Differently. Also know that there is always a better way to do things.

The story may not be meant for this section, we only want it posted for everyone to read and gain something

Regards

(1) (Reply)

How To Make Money Online. / Ozordy Int'l Limited. / Lagos College Of Music With The Lords Music Consult

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.