Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,517 members, 7,954,963 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 01:21 PM

Scammers Gaining Access To Vital Information, How? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Scammers Gaining Access To Vital Information, How? (278 Views)

Why The Naira Is Now Gaining Against The Dollar / How You Could Lose Access To Your Money In Nigerian Banks / Scammers New Tactics (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Scammers Gaining Access To Vital Information, How? by BJ4REEL(m): 5:24pm On May 27, 2019
Good day nairalanders,

I got a call early morning today from this number 08169443756.

Conversation we had goes thus;
Scammer: Good morning

Me: Good morning sir.

Scammer: I'm calling from your bank and I need to carry out verifications on your account.

Me: Which bank?

Scammer: You mean you don't know your bank? Is your name not _ _ _ (called full name) , also called year of birth accurately.

Me: (becoming alert and impatient) Oga I have more than one account.

Scammer: (Pausing a little to think I guess) Access bank.

Me: Oga I don't use that bank, you are lowlife scammer who needs to. . . . . . . . . . . . . (line went dead).

NB: Worthy of note is the fact that I don't give out the number he called; that line is dedicated to my bank accounts alone and only immediate family members and the banks have access to it.

So where could the leak come from?

Is our data any safe with the banks?......
Re: Scammers Gaining Access To Vital Information, How? by MJBOLT: 5:38pm On May 27, 2019
maybe he got it from an insider in your bank
Re: Scammers Gaining Access To Vital Information, How? by BJ4REEL(m): 8:30am On May 28, 2019
MJBOLT:
maybe he got it from an insider in your bank
Was actually thinking in that direction too

(1) (Reply)

Agri-business Models For Foreign Investors In Nigeria. / New Arrivals Of Smart TV / Meet Ene-obong,young Nigerian Building The First And Largest Biobank Of Africans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.