|Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,936,713 members, 7,106,384 topics. Date: Friday, 07 October 2022 at 07:23 AM
|Top 10 Wonderful Facts About The Indestructible Nokia 3310 by Factgist: 6:24pm On May 27, 2019|
The Nokia 3310 was for many their very first phone, it was mine. From the colors to the freedom a mobile represented, the Nokia really is one of my key memories of youth and was quite extraordinary worldwide.
Here we are going to look at 10 facts about this humble yet ground-breaking mobile phone.
1. Compared to today, the battery of the Nokia 3310 is quite literally awe-inspiring, my phone barely lasts a day without needing a full overnight charge. The 3310 was capable of 55-hours talk time, that’s more than 2 solid days, and 245 hour standby time, an astounding 10 days!
2. The average smartphone to date takes around 20 seconds to boot up from off to ready for action, the Nokia took a mind-blowing 8 seconds before you could crack open the messenger or the built in currency converter.
3. In Finland, the Nokia 3310 (called the indestructible) was inducted into their culture in the best way possible, the 3310 was chosen as a national emoji to represent the country alongside a rocker and a sauna. The Finnish have their priorities in order.
4. After 17 years, Nokia agreed to release a literal representation of every millennia’s childhood nostalgia. The new 3310 was a bit of let-down though, with its sleek lines and touch screen display, many people were less than pleased… on the plus side it does have snake.
5. Snake, the icon of mobile gaming during the 1990s, is officially the most played mobile game of all time, securing a Guinness world record in 2010 after achieving over 1 billion players. The game can be beaten though; in 2013, a GIF image appeared claiming to show an unknown Russian player’s amazing feat, but some question whether it was a hoax or not.
6. The Nokia 3310 has even saved lives according to social media. A soldier who was stationed in Afghanistan took a bullet to the chest only to be saved by his trusty 3310, the bullet remained lodged in the phone and the man walked away unscathed.
7. At its release, the Nokia 3310 was seen as the new face of technological development. With an internal antenna, the surface measurements smaller than the average house brick and all the latest technology, the 3310 was the face of business.
8. The ability to change the case, and a range of other settings just wasn’t enough for Nokia’s customizable dreams. Through a built-in app called ‘the composer’, the app told you to press different numbers for different sounds so users could make their own ringtones and learn a little musical knowledge along the way.
9. When the initial 3310 was released it cost $166 (£129), which would make the mind boggle today. On its revamp, it’s available for a mere $55 (£42) but it’s nowhere near as ground-breaking.
10. The 3310 quite rightly holds the title of indestructible, if you drop a modern phone they’ll instantly shatter into a million pieces (or at least it feels that way). The 3310 has been run over by a train, dropped from eye-watering heights and even faced power tools and still prevailed.
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2022 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47