Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,739 members, 7,817,038 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:17 AM

World's Most Dangerous Laptop’ Is On Sale For $1.2 Million - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / World's Most Dangerous Laptop’ Is On Sale For $1.2 Million (1123 Views)

G50 Laptop Is Available For Sale For #35k / The Most Treacherous World Laptop Is Up Sale For $1.2 Million / My Laptop Is Saying(charger Plugged In Not Charging) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

World's Most Dangerous Laptop’ Is On Sale For $1.2 Million by Seequadry(m): 6:37pm On May 27, 2019
A laptop loaded with six of the most destructive pieces of malware is being sold at an auction. These viruses have caused nearly $100 billion in damages worldwide, and some of them are still floating around on the Internet. This is quite possibly the most dangerous machine in the world right now, and it's running on Microsoft's Windows XP.
The artwork is a simple Samsung NC10-14GB 10.2-inch laptop (2008), which is currently running Windows XP (Service Pack 3), and is loaded with six different malware.
The laptop is being kept isolated and air-gapped, which means the six dangerous viruses cannot escape from the laptop and spread elsewhere, unless, of course, if you hook it up with your Wi-Fi. That's not going to end well for anyone.
The six pieces of malware include
ILOVEYOU
MyDoom
SoBig
WannaCry
Dark Tequila
and BlackEnergy.
It does seem rather bizarre to sell a machine that's loaded with malware, but it's being sold as a piece of art. The official listing page for the project clarifies that the auction is only meant for 'academic reasons' as the sale of malware for operational purposes is illegal.

https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/malware-infested-laptop-sells-for-over-1-million/

Re: World's Most Dangerous Laptop’ Is On Sale For $1.2 Million by kindy51(m): 6:42pm On May 27, 2019
I wish I can lay my hands on this laptop grin
Re: World's Most Dangerous Laptop’ Is On Sale For $1.2 Million by falcon01: 7:03pm On May 27, 2019
This a venereal Disease carrying Hoe laptop
Re: World's Most Dangerous Laptop’ Is On Sale For $1.2 Million by ValCon888: 7:44pm On May 27, 2019
D
Re: World's Most Dangerous Laptop’ Is On Sale For $1.2 Million by Afeski(m): 8:56pm On May 27, 2019
I just had a movie concept where professional thieves try to brake in and steal this laptop, then use it to blackmail governments for cash
Re: World's Most Dangerous Laptop’ Is On Sale For $1.2 Million by lordraiden(m): 9:09pm On May 27, 2019
Make African man no try buy that bomb oh....else it will go round
Re: World's Most Dangerous Laptop’ Is On Sale For $1.2 Million by Nobody: 7:14pm On Sep 21, 2019
Hmmm

(1) (Reply)

Clean Uk Used Toshiba NB510 Is For Sale In Lagos / THE BEST LAPTOP EVERYONE SHOULD HAVE / We Unlock All Types Of Airtel Routers And Mifi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.