Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,840 members, 7,817,484 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:00 PM

Help Me Guys, I Have Just Been Defrauded. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Help Me Guys, I Have Just Been Defrauded. (1154 Views)

A POS Agent Has Just Been Defrauded. / I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! / I Have Just N443 In My Bank Account - Kingtblakhoc Cries Out After Bail (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Me Guys, I Have Just Been Defrauded. by vickobon(m): 9:34pm On May 27, 2019
Just this afternoon, fraudsters were able to withdraw 520,000 from my account through online banking. pls what can done to retrieve the money. pls somebody help. heat is catching me.
Re: Help Me Guys, I Have Just Been Defrauded. by dingbang(m): 9:35pm On May 27, 2019
Ok.. Narrate how it happened, and please dont omit any thing.

Call your bank's customer care number and also inform them
Re: Help Me Guys, I Have Just Been Defrauded. by Nobody: 9:36pm On May 27, 2019
Contact the bank and the EFCC as well as the police (state police command).

They may be able to track the scammers digital footprints and eventually apprehend the miscreant.

All the best!

1 Like

Re: Help Me Guys, I Have Just Been Defrauded. by vickobon(m): 9:41pm On May 27, 2019
dingbang:
Ok.. Narrate how it happened, and please dont omit any thing.

Call your bank's customer care number and also inform them
Writing on behalf of my mum, she was at work when she received an alert of 50,000 removal, she was confused thinking it was a mistake and shortly after another 100,000 removal. she suspected fraud so she got in touch with her bank to block the account, before that was done a total of 520000 had been removed. the 20000 on top was used to purchase recharge cards by the fraudsters.
Re: Help Me Guys, I Have Just Been Defrauded. by Nobody: 9:42pm On May 27, 2019
I'm sorry about your loss. Painful thing be say the money will be wasted on clothes, drinks and women... Lol

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help Me Guys, I Have Just Been Defrauded. by falcon01: 9:45pm On May 27, 2019
Bleep!.. this is a very big loss in this tenure.

1 Like

Re: Help Me Guys, I Have Just Been Defrauded. by vickobon(m): 9:45pm On May 27, 2019
germanized:
Contact the bank and the EFCC as well as the police (state police command).

They may be able to track the scammers digital footprints and eventually apprehend the miscreant.

All the best!
the bank has been contacted and the police have been well informed about the situation.
Re: Help Me Guys, I Have Just Been Defrauded. by vickobon(m): 9:51pm On May 27, 2019
Could the scam be done from within the bank or a scammer independent from the bank.
Re: Help Me Guys, I Have Just Been Defrauded. by SUPERPACK: 9:56pm On May 27, 2019
vickobon:
Could the scam be done from within the bank or a scammer independent from the bank.
it might be a bvn scam, maybe she gave away her atm details to them

2 Likes

Re: Help Me Guys, I Have Just Been Defrauded. by dingbang(m): 10:13pm On May 27, 2019
vickobon:
Writing on behalf of my mum, she was at work when she received an alert of 50,000 removal, she was confused thinking it was a mistake and shortly after another 100,000 removal. she suspected fraud so she got in touch with her bank to block the account, before that was done a total of 520000 had been removed. the 20000 on top was used to purchase recharge cards by the fraudsters.
this is just a fraction of the story. Did she tell if she was contacted by a stranger?

2 Likes

Re: Help Me Guys, I Have Just Been Defrauded. by vickobon(m): 10:14pm On May 27, 2019
dingbang:
this is just a fraction of the story. Did she tell if she was contacted by a stranger?
Nooooo. na only me and one other person for her workplace dey help her withdraw.
Re: Help Me Guys, I Have Just Been Defrauded. by Oluwasaeon(m): 10:15pm On May 27, 2019
Chaii
Re: Help Me Guys, I Have Just Been Defrauded. by dingbang(m): 10:15pm On May 27, 2019
vickobon:
dont be quick to involve the bank in this. Trust me, 80percent of fraud victims always leave out details when narrating their experience. I have quizzed so many victims on this , after a while , they had to unravel the loophole that led to it.

1 Like

Re: Help Me Guys, I Have Just Been Defrauded. by dingbang(m): 10:16pm On May 27, 2019
vickobon:
Nooooo. na only me and one other person for her workplace dey help her withdraw.
who went to withdraw with her ATM card last?
Re: Help Me Guys, I Have Just Been Defrauded. by Nobody: 10:18pm On May 27, 2019
vickobon:
the bank has been contacted and the police have been well informed about the situation.

Alright. Sorry about what happened though. Next time, be more careful when sending banking details online or offline... So many of these scammers disguise and send messages as banks and ask for banking details...

It takes a thorough understanding of how they operate to know their gimmicks. It is well brother!
Re: Help Me Guys, I Have Just Been Defrauded. by vickobon(m): 10:18pm On May 27, 2019
dingbang:
who went to withdraw with her ATM card last?
the other person just this morning.
Re: Help Me Guys, I Have Just Been Defrauded. by vickobon(m): 10:25pm On May 27, 2019
Is there any hope of retrieval guys.
Re: Help Me Guys, I Have Just Been Defrauded. by dingbang(m): 10:26pm On May 27, 2019
vickobon:
the other person just this morning.
you should quiz the person too. Pls when it comes to giving out ATM cards to third party, dont trust anyone, no matter how close, It will be surprising to you that even a best friend can wipe off his or her friend's account, even sister or brother. So there is nothing like trust in this context.

Please kindly ask the other person series of questions as to how he went to withdraw, or it may be that he was careless or maybe asked someone to assist or something else. I'm just giving you instances. I wish I was there to investigate the matter . but nevertheless, report the issue to your bank and your mum should never give her ATM card to anybody again to withdraw for her.
Re: Help Me Guys, I Have Just Been Defrauded. by vickobon(m): 10:39pm On May 27, 2019
dingbang:
she wasn't, she guards her bank details so well that its only when she needs me to get something with the card I see it.
Re: Help Me Guys, I Have Just Been Defrauded. by Quality20(m): 11:00pm On May 27, 2019
oh sorry for d loss, hope u get ur money back. Pls guys, I recently have a concern, I recently had my ATM swallowed by my banks ATM machine on a certain Friday and I was only able to get it retracted on d next Monday , after signing some indemnity form. The problem now is Weather my account is still safe or is it compromised. d bank is gtb
Re: Help Me Guys, I Have Just Been Defrauded. by KingMicky3286: 5:41am On May 28, 2019
Don’t ever register online access account with a Nigerian bank. If not you will have yourself to blame.

All insiders are frauds and they work with other scammers to share your money.

I live in abroad, I have two accounts in different countries, that what I uses to save money, no problems, no headache, no stress.
Re: Help Me Guys, I Have Just Been Defrauded. by madridguy(m): 5:53am On May 28, 2019
For your mumsy to get back her money, involve CBN. Just contact them on twitter and you will be amazed with their quick action.

vickobon:
Just this afternoon, fraudsters were able to withdraw 520,000 from my account through online banking. pls what can done to retrieve the money. pls somebody help. heat is catching me.

1 Like

Re: Help Me Guys, I Have Just Been Defrauded. by vickobon(m): 6:32am On May 28, 2019
madridguy:
For your mumsy to get back her money, involve CBN. Just contact them on twitter and you will be amazed with their quick action.

thanks Oga.
Re: Help Me Guys, I Have Just Been Defrauded. by valentineuwakwe(m): 7:18am On May 28, 2019
you should be able to ask your mum certain questions.....did she receive any call from a stranger telling her her account has issues n she need to tell them some bla bla bla details in order to block the account? did she do anything or made any payments online? did she gave someone her ATM at the ATM centre when she went to withdraw or perhaps a family member, cos someone who I do send to withdraw with my card, snap shot my card details n use it to wreck havoc on me...
well you should be able to protect your mum more..ask her all these, them contact the bank n involve the EFCC. .if is a web transaction, the bank will be able to reverse it but if its ATM or POS debits, it's gone....
so sorry
Re: Help Me Guys, I Have Just Been Defrauded. by KingMicky3286: 7:22am On May 28, 2019
Destroy the card and request a new one. Don’t trust them.
Quality20:
oh sorry for d loss, hope u get ur money back. Pls guys, I recently have a concern, I recently had my ATM swallowed by my banks ATM machine on a certain Friday and I was only able to get it retracted on d next Monday , after signing some indemnity form. The problem now is Weather my account is still safe or is it compromised. d bank is gtb
Re: Help Me Guys, I Have Just Been Defrauded. by adecz: 7:22am On May 28, 2019
sad

Could be she responded to those
scam phone calls or texts that claim
to be your bankers & divulged sensitive
bank info.

I don't envy her situation in these
hard times.

Best of luck tho.

(1) (Reply)

Access Control System Installation And Maintenance / Pastor Asks Female Members To Take Off Their Panties And Shaves Their Pubic Hair / A Thousand Ways To Accidentally Cause Someone’s Death Without Knowing It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.