Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,817 members, 7,827,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:56 PM

Muhammadu Buhari: The President Without An Agenda. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Muhammadu Buhari: The President Without An Agenda. (555 Views)

“Nobody Can Be Nigeria's President Without Getting 25% In FCT”—Kadaria Ahmed / DSS Statement Is An Agenda To Arrest Opposition Leaders In Nigeria – Pa Adebanjo / Keyamo: How To Become President Without WAEC Certificate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Muhammadu Buhari: The President Without An Agenda. by Dejikohen: 6:10am On May 28, 2019
Muhammadu Buhari: The President Without an Agenda.

As we approach the twilight of President Muhammadu Buhari's first term and with the dawning of his second and final tenure, a question looms large in my heart. The question is quite basic but somewhat complex to answer.

What is the President's agenda?

Not so surpising, I could not provide a suitable answer to my question in five minutes. And for me, any question I cannot answer within that time frame has more to it than meets the eye. So I took up study in the past few days, reviewing the President, his presidency and his political party's agenda - what they have decided to term "Next level".

Other than the ever vague, colorful political promises, I could barely wrap my hands around the man's agenda at such a time as this in our national life. After my ruminations, I came up disappointed, simply because I had hoped to prove myself wrong, that a man cannot seek the highest office of the land four consecutive times without an agenda - alas, against all hope I was proven wrong! I am particular about the President's agenda because I believe we need a measuring rod for his time in office, a basis upon which we can make decisions.

Since this administration appears vague, beclouded, indecisive and one without a sense of direction, I decided to employ the wisdom of an African saying: "If you don't know where you're going, you should (at least) know where you came from". And so in the spirit of this axiom, I decided to direct my steps backwards down the road called the Memory Lane. I went a little backwards, stopping briefly at the 2015. Further still, I journeyed twelve years back to 2003, and all I could perceive were mere words, devoid of anything worthy of being called an agenda. This preeminent vagueness is captured in the fine and famous phrase - "I am for nobody and for everybody". My hearts aches and I do wonder at what the General turned democractic president will say when he finds himself in a gathering of world leaders representing us as a corporate entity, and it's his turn to sell, resell and recreate the brand Nigeria. Albeit I did find something. I found a president whose singular agenda is to blame the past administrations; unleash his ever backing but never biting bulldog in an attempt to force everyone into submission; I found a man whose party branded as the heavyweight, who will knock out corruption with a single punch of his magical, 'no nonsense' fist; I found a man who promised to scrap the office of the First Lady, only to masquerade it as the office of the wife of the President.

When it became evident to me that my answer would not be answered by the General from Daura, and looking closely at the house - the political home that produced such an incompetent president, what I found was a political marriage concocted only to takeover the vast farmland from her arch-rival, with no clear cut agenda, political plan nor strategem to maximize its claim. This aimless political union began producing incompetent children, like its first born that occupies the Aso Villa. Next in the intrigue was for some supposed members of the political marriage to file for divorce when it became clear to them that only the wives nicknamed 'Burdillion' and those from the Kaduna ancestral home will have access to the family resources, solely in custody of the incompetent first born.

When this political family was asked why it has failed to deliver on its promises to tend, nourish and nurture the farmland, it pointed to the family next door, casting the blame on them. When asked how it intend to cultivate the resource,bthe response was simply, 'Next level'.

Evidently, neither the family nor her offspring led by the first begotten in Aso rock has an agenda to drive the nation forward, it has no clear-cut vision.

A friend and elder brother of mine, said to me, some days back, "Deji, hard times lie ahead, for the Holy scripture says: where there is no vision, the people perish. Now, I believe it is clear why we're sliding down as a nation."

God help us, thank you.

May God bless you and may he continually bless the Federal republic of Nigeria.

Adewumi Adedeji,
Writes from, Lagos, Nigeria.
Dejijupiter@gmail.com
#DPresidentDiary.

1 Like

Re: Muhammadu Buhari: The President Without An Agenda. by Planet3xi: 6:51am On May 28, 2019
This is a sensitive matter. Please delete your phone number.
Re: Muhammadu Buhari: The President Without An Agenda. by okosodo: 7:06am On May 28, 2019
Islamization agenda
Re: Muhammadu Buhari: The President Without An Agenda. by DabuIIIT: 7:13am On May 28, 2019
Mumu Coneheads,your eyes are finally now opened,ba?

grin
Re: Muhammadu Buhari: The President Without An Agenda. by moriss33(m): 7:29am On May 28, 2019
cheesy
Re: Muhammadu Buhari: The President Without An Agenda. by enochogaga(m): 7:33am On May 28, 2019
Nigeria no hope for her anymore
Re: Muhammadu Buhari: The President Without An Agenda. by helinues: 7:34am On May 28, 2019
4 years more for wailing... You guys could have done something about it before the elections..

Now its too late
Re: Muhammadu Buhari: The President Without An Agenda. by Racoon(m): 7:40am On May 28, 2019
No need crying over spilled milk.Buhari have nothing to offer.It was obvious when Buhari was HOS between 1983-85 but parochial sentiments beclouded the sound sense of judgement of many Nigerians.

Re: Muhammadu Buhari: The President Without An Agenda. by enochogaga(m): 7:45am On May 28, 2019
helinues:
4 years more for wailing... You guys could have done something about it before the elections..

Now its too late

May your entire family conditions,I mean in all aspect look like Nigeria present conditions under the watch of buhari.
Re: Muhammadu Buhari: The President Without An Agenda. by helinues: 7:48am On May 28, 2019
enochogaga:

May your entire family conditions,I mean in all aspect look like Nigeria present conditions under the watch of buhari.

Mumuish.. Just cos your life is miserable does not mean you should wish others same.

Why not pray for a better life....
Re: Muhammadu Buhari: The President Without An Agenda. by orisa37: 7:59am On May 28, 2019
Buhari is full of self opinions and ideas. He doesn't care about Democracy and the Constitution. That's why he is so nonchallant about Democracy. He even brags about himself.
Re: Muhammadu Buhari: The President Without An Agenda. by orisa37: 8:04am On May 28, 2019
When you look forward, you have a Focus, a Plan and an Agenda. But looking backward is vindictive and purposeless.

(1) (Reply)

Akin Alabi Gives Reason 9th Assembly Can't Be Inaugurated Yet. / JUST IN!!! Ohaneze Slams Buhari, Gbajabiamila, Asks President To.... / Ihedioha Abandons Road Leading To Okorocha’s House Littered With Refuse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.