Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,998 members, 7,835,355 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:08 AM

Kabiru Gaya Never Declares Any Part Of The Country Politically Irrelevant - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kabiru Gaya Never Declares Any Part Of The Country Politically Irrelevant (593 Views)

I Have Total Confidence Osinbajo Will Succeed Buhari - Senator Kabiru Gaya / Deputy Senate President: Kabiru Gaya Arrives National Assembly / Kabiru Gaya: 'South-South, South-East Are Not Politically Relevant' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kabiru Gaya Never Declares Any Part Of The Country Politically Irrelevant by lolanews: 8:00am On May 28, 2019
Senator Kabiru Gaya Never Declares Any Part Of The Country Politically Irrelevant. —REJOINDER
Trace Reporters– Attention of Senator Kabiru Ibrahim Gaya (APC Kano South), have been drawn to comments going viral in the social media about a comment in an interview he granted Channel Television on Friday 24 May, 2019, on the subject matter above.

It’s painful that most of the uncomplimentary and insulting comments on matter where it is coming from people that have not listeened to or have watched the interview but based their hash responses on their mind set.

It is even more painful that hate speech, a new trend in our body politics has turned our country to a banana republic where crossing the Rubicon makes turning back on any decision is a herculum task.

Nigerians react to issues based on where one comes from in the River Niger divide. That’s to say that if you are from the north, whatever is said negatively about you is believed hook, line and sinker to the people from the south as if the federal republic of Nigeria is no longer one country but two nations at war.

If atecedence of a public office holder in the country is taken into cognisance, Senator Kabiru Ibrahim Gaya stands out as a public figure known for ethics and decorum that will never declare that any part of the country is politically irrelevant. The senator is one politician that even though represents Kano South in the Senate, He considers every part of the country as his constituency.

As chairman Senate Committee on States and Local Governmentfor Administration, he ensureed that peace returned to Rivers State when the Senate took over proceedings of the state assembly in 2013.

As chairman Senate Committee on Works, he started his oversight function of federal roads in the country from the South-South to South-East ensuring that the needful was done for people from those zones, the same zones he is being accused of saying they are politically irrelevant today.

If thorough research is carried out on the senator, the now verified senator is a traditional title holder in the zones.

Is traditional titles given to an enemy or a friend? Much as it’s true that interview was granted Channel Television, what was suggested by the said offensive interview was that principal officers of the 9th Senate should be zoned by the ruling party as follows: “North-East-Senate president, South-West- Speaker, North-West-Deputy-Senate president, North-Central-Deputy-Speaker, South-South-Senate majority leader and South-East- house leader.”

The above suggestion was a personal opinion that the distinguished senator is entitled to. However, to be offended by the above suggestion is to say the least making Nigeria a country where people are prevented to air their opinions which we are not yet aware of.

As citizens of the country, it is our constitutional rights to air our views on local government, state or national issues and the National Assembly is yet to pass any law banning that.

If we are to make progress as a people, we all endeavour to respect each other’s rights despite religious or political parties affiliation.

Re: Kabiru Gaya Never Declares Any Part Of The Country Politically Irrelevant by mrvitalis(m): 8:07am On May 28, 2019
Oga done go dress like igbo ....lol

We don't take things to heart

I dont care about true NASS leadership

All i know is tge next southern president is coming from the south east case close

2 Likes

Re: Kabiru Gaya Never Declares Any Part Of The Country Politically Irrelevant by TooMuchStuff: 8:35am On May 28, 2019
Useless boko haram father of almajiris.

U said it.
We heard it.
We are waiting for you at the right junction.
We never forget.

1 Like

Re: Kabiru Gaya Never Declares Any Part Of The Country Politically Irrelevant by gratiaeo(m): 8:39am On May 28, 2019
Lol.....

1 Like

Re: Kabiru Gaya Never Declares Any Part Of The Country Politically Irrelevant by dukie25: 9:13am On May 28, 2019
Ok we hear

1 Like

Re: Kabiru Gaya Never Declares Any Part Of The Country Politically Irrelevant by Kundagarten: 9:18am On May 28, 2019
mrvitalis:
Oga done go dress like igbo ....lol

We don't take things to heart

I dont care about true NASS leadership

All i know is tge next southern president is coming from the south east case close
I'm not bashing Igbo people but you Igbos are a funny bunch. You spent past year doing everything to malign your people now you want an Igbo president?
I like Igbo people but this is why I don't support your call for your own country. Y'all would kill each other in the first year of your independence. grin

2 Likes

Re: Kabiru Gaya Never Declares Any Part Of The Country Politically Irrelevant by Nobody: 9:25am On May 28, 2019
So what's the meaning of the picture

Mr Gaya, u said it.

1 Like

Re: Kabiru Gaya Never Declares Any Part Of The Country Politically Irrelevant by Nobody: 9:27am On May 28, 2019
Kundagarten:

I'm not bashing Igbo people but you Igbos are a funny bunch. You spent past year doing everything to malign your people now you want an Igbo president?
I like Igbo people but this is why I don't support your call for your own country. Y'all would kill each other in the first year of your independence. grin

Don't worry about that

Let's go first.

1 Like

Re: Kabiru Gaya Never Declares Any Part Of The Country Politically Irrelevant by Kundagarten: 9:29am On May 28, 2019
Osagyefo98:

Don't worry about that

Let's go first.

I you're allowed to go then the Christian SS should be allowed as well.

1 Like

Re: Kabiru Gaya Never Declares Any Part Of The Country Politically Irrelevant by Ojiofor: 9:31am On May 28, 2019
Kundagarten:

Allow us kee ourselves in peace biko.

1 Like

Re: Kabiru Gaya Never Declares Any Part Of The Country Politically Irrelevant by Nobody: 9:35am On May 28, 2019
Kundagarten:

I you're allowed to go then the Christian SS should be allowed as well.

That's wonderful.

Am not dragging anybody.

1 Like

Re: Kabiru Gaya Never Declares Any Part Of The Country Politically Irrelevant by mrvitalis(m): 11:38am On May 28, 2019
Kundagarten:

Malign our people ? How apart from the fulanis which other tribe is more united than igbos

U people say we are not united then accuse us of voting in one direction ....is that not fallacy

Yorubas voted in different voice n u think they are more united ? ...tell me again how the south west lost PDP chairmanship

We are not united yet ask any igbo man how he made money ....usually from the help of another igbo man

We are republican in nature so the different opinion on different issue ....

2023 is fairly the turn of igbos ...if the west contest south east cant contest because there is no point ...north cab form a new party in take it ....if west dont respect themselves let north have it then

Onu is there ,ngiga is there ,rochas is there n so many other igbos in apc

What is right is right n what is wrong is wrong

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Oshiomhole Has Lost The Respect Of APC Members – Tunji Abayomi / Infinix Smart 3 Plus Reviews / Tribunal Hears Atiku, Pdp’s Motion Seeking Access To Inec’s Server Thursday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.