Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,593 members, 7,812,936 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:01 PM

KAMAZ Trucks: Is it common in Nigeria? - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / KAMAZ Trucks: Is it common in Nigeria? (11443 Views)

Two Tipper Trucks Is Less Than A Year Registered 08038156694 oppotunity / HeavyDuty crane Imported Trucks,Graders,Concrete Mixer,truck Heads,gens For Sale / BUY YOUR CARS,SUVs,BUSES,TRUCKS FRM COTONOU.CALL; 07033100180,Ismail. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

KAMAZ Trucks: Is it common in Nigeria? by KunleA2(m): 9:55pm On Sep 27, 2010
I was wondering if there are KAMAZ Trucks in great use in Nigeria? Its a Russian Made Truck. Didn't see any last time i was there.

Anyone knows?
Re: KAMAZ Trucks: Is it common in Nigeria? by baconline(m): 5:49pm On Sep 28, 2010
Bro,lets see a pix,maybe we might recognise it
Re: KAMAZ Trucks: Is it common in Nigeria? by EUTrucks1: 7:03pm On Sep 28, 2010
In my experiancxe best place to sell Russian truck is Russia grin
Seems there is no interest for it in Nigeria (?)

Re: KAMAZ Trucks: Is it common in Nigeria? by KunleA2(m): 7:13pm On Sep 28, 2010
EU Trucks:

In my experiancxe best place to sell Russian truck is Russia grin
Seems there is no interest for it in Nigeria (?)

Might be the same as the old LADA vehicles back in the days. Here is the new model KAMAZ Truck

Re: KAMAZ Trucks: Is it common in Nigeria? by EUTrucks1: 7:35pm On Sep 28, 2010
I have been driving Lada Niva (AWD) in my free time out of the road. It goes ewriwhere but mechanic was my good friend grin

Dont know abought those new Kamaz trucks but those old are very much comparable with that Lada. Im my area they use them in stonepits and in mining business for short range transport.

From wikipedia;

Kamaz vehicles have won the truck category of the Dakar Rally a record nine times. 14 out of 14 2010 Dakar Rally stages in the truck category were won by Kamaz trucks.

Cheers
Re: KAMAZ Trucks: Is it common in Nigeria? by baconline(m): 10:27pm On Sep 28, 2010
seen none b4,but u could sell once parts are available
Re: KAMAZ Trucks: Is it common in Nigeria? by nex(m): 6:06am On Sep 29, 2010
I've never seen or heard of a Kamaz truck in Nigeria, But it looks like something Nigerian Truckers will be interested in. Especially since it's such a Dakar Rally Champion.
Re: KAMAZ Trucks: Is it common in Nigeria? by obua: 9:12am On Sep 29, 2010
Yeah, Kamaz are sold in Nigeria by GZ Motors.
I was told it cost about N6m some years ago for a dumper.
A few guys upnorth/middle belt imported them.
They should be better than Chinese trucks .
A few of them now com with Cummins engine
Re: KAMAZ Trucks: Is it common in Nigeria? by KunleA2(m): 3:31pm On Sep 29, 2010
obua:

Yeah, Kamaz are sold in Nigeria by GZ Motors.
I was told it cost about N6m some years ago for a dumper.
A few guys upnorth/middle belt imported them.
They should be better than Chinese trucks .
A few of them now com with Cummins engine

Interesting. Good to know. Thanks
Re: KAMAZ Trucks: Is it common in Nigeria? by omo4dollars: 2:03pm On May 03, 2016
I am a Seller of KAMAZ TRUCKS in Nigeria/Africa. We have different KAMAZ Trucks and Trailers used for different purposes, e.g for Dump, Haulage/Logistics, Oilfield Drilling Operations, Military, Environmental Sanitation, Firefighting, Mobile Workshop, Construction/Concrete Mixer, e.t.c. KAMAZ TRUCK is very strong Truck good for Africa. It is a Rugged Truck that can be used for heavy operation in any weather. KAMAZ TRUCKS won the Dakar Rally to further buttress its Ruggedness.
Thanks.

Re: KAMAZ Trucks: Is it common in Nigeria? by obua: 8:03pm On May 03, 2016
Do you have the truck crane?
Re: KAMAZ Trucks: Is it common in Nigeria? by omo4dollars: 9:06pm On May 06, 2016
Yes. We have KAMAZ Truck Crane. What Crane do you want? I mean what crane capacity do you need? You can drop your email address so that I can forward to you Crane pictures and price quotation. Thanks.
Re: KAMAZ Trucks: Is it common in Nigeria? by obua: 10:39pm On May 06, 2016
rapidcabin@gmail.com
Re: KAMAZ Trucks: Is it common in Nigeria? by omo4dollars: 9:55am On May 07, 2016
(obua), Please, before I send the KAMAZ Crane Truck pictures and price quotations to you, kindly, provide answers to the following questions so that I will provide you the right quotations: 1. What crane chasis do you need- 6x6 all wheel drive or 6x4 for good road? 2. Do you want to have sleeper place in cabin? 3. Do you want aircondition in cabin? 4. What crane do you want? New or Used or mix between used chasis and new crane unit? 5. What payload do you want? For small crane we have 25 and 32 tons. For big crane we have up to 70 tons. 6. What boom length do you want? 7. Will the crane lift bucket with operator? Thanks.
Re: KAMAZ Trucks: Is it common in Nigeria? by pacino26(m): 10:21am On May 07, 2016
The drilling rig you posted costs how much?

omo4dollars:
Yes. We have KAMAZ Truck Crane. What Crane do you want? I mean what crane capacity do you need? You can drop your email address so that I can forward to you Crane pictures and price quotation. Thanks.
Re: KAMAZ Trucks: Is it common in Nigeria? by omo4dollars: 4:32pm On May 07, 2016
(pacino26), I will send you Drilling Rigs price detail after weekend. Keep in touch with me. Meanwhile, I received the email you sent to me through this forum. Check your inbox, I have replied you already. Thanks.
Re: KAMAZ Trucks: Is it common in Nigeria? by portacabin: 7:59pm On May 07, 2016
i have sent my email and you keep replying on nNairaland.
You do not have an email/phone contact, infact you do not even have a topic on nairaland to sell your Kamaz trucks.

omo4dollars:
(obua), Please, before I send the KAMAZ Crane Truck pictures and price quotations to you, kindly, provide answers to the following questions so that I will provide you the right quotations: 1. What crane chasis do you need- 6x6 all wheel drive or 6x4 for good road? 2. Do you want to have sleeper place in cabin? 3. Do you want aircondition in cabin? 4. What crane do you want? New or Used or mix between used chasis and new crane unit? 5. What payload do you want? For small crane we have 25 and 32 tons. For big crane we have up to 70 tons. 6. What boom length do you want? 7. Will the crane lift bucket with operator? Thanks.
Re: KAMAZ Trucks: Is it common in Nigeria? by omo4dollars: 8:18pm On May 07, 2016
My email and phone no.: foreigntrader365@gmail.com 08061507051
Thanks.

Re: KAMAZ Trucks: Is it common in Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:28pm On May 07, 2016
omo4dollars:
I am a Seller of KAMAZ TRUCKS in Nigeria/Africa. We have different KAMAZ Trucks and Trailers used for different purposes, e.g for Dump, Haulage/Logistics, Oilfield Drilling Operations, Military, Environmental Sanitation, Firefighting, Mobile Workshop, Construction/Concrete Mixer, e.t.c. KAMAZ TRUCK is very strong Truck good for Africa. It is a Rugged Truck that can be used for heavy operation in any weather. KAMAZ TRUCKS won the Dakar Rally to further buttress its Ruggedness.
Thanks.

I love this rig, in fact I think I'm sexually aroused grin

Please share more info on it.

Re: KAMAZ Trucks: Is it common in Nigeria? by omo4dollars: 3:12pm On May 09, 2016
Here is a video link of KAMAZ Drilling Rigs in action:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMeOzLTKVUg
Re: KAMAZ Trucks: Is it common in Nigeria? by omo4dollars: 9:27pm On May 11, 2016
We now offer Trucks/Trailers and Equipment Purchase Financing to our clients (companies or individuals) who want to buy our Trucks/Trailers and Equipment using Lease Option. Terms & Conditions: To qualify for our Lease Option, buyer must buy upto 5 Trucks using Lease for at least (minimum) of 3 years. If you can meet the above condition, contact us for your Trucks/Trailers purchases through Lease. +2348061507051 foreigntrader365@gmail.com
Re: KAMAZ Trucks: Is it common in Nigeria? by omo4dollars: 2:57pm On May 14, 2016
I WANT TO KNOW HOW MUCH NIGERIANS WILL PAY TO ACQUIRE ANY OF THESE KAMAZ OLD TRUCKS WHOSE PICTURES ARE IN THIS POST.
CAN ANYONE IN THIS FORUM SUGGEST TO ME THE REAL PRICE EACH OF THESE OLD TRUCKS WILL COST?

McPride Resources Ltd. ready to supply you with used KAMAZ trucks, produced in Soviet Union and later in Russia in 80’s-beginning of 90’s. Despite on big age, some of trucks on Russian second-hand truck market still in good condition, sometimes – in excellent. Others truck are fully operational, but needs some repair – replacement of tires, repair and repainting of cabin, etc.
They are very simple, cheap, and has good off-road capability. All trucks are highly standardized and there will be no problem for selection of spare parts. Trucks are proven in hard work in Russian arctic, deserts of Central Asia, and military service. First half of Soviet War in Afghanistan, KAMAZ 5320 was main logistic support vehicle of Soviet Army and it was used with great success.
Any low-skilled technician can maintain and repair them.
Production started from 1976. To this moment trucks produced from 1985 are still in service. Production of first generation truck canceled in 90’s. Vehicles were replaced by more improved trucks with turbocharged diesels, bigger payload etc.
Main models of first generation trucks – flatbed truck 5320, long-base flatbed truck 53212, dump truck 5511 (in 80’s replaced by 55111 version) and 5410 tractor truck.
The big number of special vehicles were build on KAMAZ chassis – concrete mixers, cranes, aerial platforms, side tippers, tanker trucks and many others.
Technical specification.

Engine.

Model – KAMAZ-740.13
Type – diesel, naturally aspirated, water cooled, V-8.
Power, hp/RPM – 210/2600
Torque, N*m/RPM – 657/1800
Displacement – 10.85l
"Euro" emission norm - none.

Transmission
Model - KAMAZ 154
Type – mechanical, 5 or 10 speed.

Powertrain

Drive form – 6x4
Powered axles – KAMAZ, with inter-axial diff lock.

Cabin
Full metal, with heater, two or three seats and sleeper place (option).

Tyres and wheels.
Tube type, 9.00R20 or 10.00R20, with demountable rims.

Payload - 8 tons for 5320 model, 10 tons for 53212, 13 tons for 55111 dump truck with 7 cubic meters tipper body and 8.1 tons on tractors fifth wheel.
In fact trucks can carry more and theydo it everyday.

We can install high top and second sleeper place to cab, increase frame length, install any superstructure, for example crane boom or transform truck to tanker an so on. Price for up-grade negotiable.

All pictures taken in 2015-2016. Contact me: +2348061507051 foreigntrader365@gmail.com

Re: KAMAZ Trucks: Is it common in Nigeria? by omo4dollars: 7:36pm On May 26, 2016
Just look what these trucks can. It will be great for Nigeria

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YDCxRkmQCA
- this is standard truck for highway with unpowered front axle.

Video.

a.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPRwQqEpw7g
Those truck and trailer are empty. Also keep in mind that truck on video in ideal condition, refurbished, equipped with new tyres. Truck in such condition will be more expencive.

b.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpevnhghGFE
Old time promo video, shows trucks in mountains and bad roads.

c.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeLsnUCq9aY
Overloaded KAMAZ with 16 tons of coal.

d.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eecDRhtxqI
Overloaded KAMAZ trucks in mountains of Central Asia. Truck with such load can not tow trailer.

e.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUDXvaoRvW8
Smugglers on KAMAZ log truck stealing wood from mountain forest, off road capabilities shown.

f.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tWDhU6KY9A
KAMAZ 55111 dump truck on construction yard, going to hill. Truck is empty.

g.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNIosZSLKQE
Overloaded KAMAZ 55111 dump truck with rocks.

h.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrhzER5u8Js
Mad driver shakes his oveloaded dump truck. You can see durability of front suspension.

i.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXqcgGXpkPM
KAMAZ 5320 towing loaded SCANIA truck with semi-trailer.

"people, c'mon, tell me what price will be acceptable?

(1) (Reply)

»»» Toks Grade Camry 018 @ N15M Negotiable ««« / SOLD 2015 Mercedes Benz C300 4matic Black on Black N12.5m / *IT HAS LANDED* Audi A6 QUATTRO FULLY LOADED ( Pre ordered by Pystar )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.