Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,453 members, 7,812,390 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:36 PM

A Friend Just Bought This Car 850k In Dubai - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / A Friend Just Bought This Car 850k In Dubai (5912 Views)

Sold Nissan Premier For Sale 850k In Calabar / Can I Get 2003 Model Of Toyota Corrolla For 850k In Lagos (nigerian Used) / 20awoof 2006 Honda Civic With Low 100k Mileage For 850k In Surulere (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Friend Just Bought This Car 850k In Dubai by minasota(f): 8:55am On May 28, 2019
Why are cars more expensive in Nigeria than Dubai

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMUR27hQiD0
NONNYG help me on this
Re: A Friend Just Bought This Car 850k In Dubai by saheedbadmus(m): 9:03am On May 28, 2019
i no even know wetin to type self cos it shows their Govt made things cheap for them just like libya but our govt inflate prices for us here clearing cost etc that my own bliv

5 Likes

Re: A Friend Just Bought This Car 850k In Dubai by Nobody: 9:09am On May 28, 2019
minasota:

My dear....that's not a new car.
Re: A Friend Just Bought This Car 850k In Dubai by priestcharm(m): 9:11am On May 28, 2019
So if you buy 850k , how much do you think the car will be sold for in nigeria considering shipping and Clearing?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Friend Just Bought This Car 850k In Dubai by elim49: 9:11am On May 28, 2019
please chat me up on whatsapp want to discuss with u in respect to this. Thank you
minasota:

Re: A Friend Just Bought This Car 850k In Dubai by Acidosis(m): 9:13am On May 28, 2019
Nigeria is the most expensive place in the world to buy a car. Even cars are cheaper in Benin Republic. Only in Nigeria will someone save N2m and the best he can get is a car produced some 15 years ago with a mileage of over 150k miles.

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Friend Just Bought This Car 850k In Dubai by Acidosis(m): 9:29am On May 28, 2019
Shibaraba:

Were you expecting to see a brand new lexus at that amount? Isn't that what we call "Tokunbo" in Nigeria? Can you get that car for that price from any car dealer in Nigeria?

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Friend Just Bought This Car 850k In Dubai by minasota(f): 9:34am On May 28, 2019
Shibaraba:

Even at that

2 Likes

Re: A Friend Just Bought This Car 850k In Dubai by Nobody: 9:47am On May 28, 2019
minasota:
Even at that

hi thank you very much for this.

now i fully understand where the issue is coming from.

i think am now fully with oshiomole on this one - he should make sure he teaches okoroawusa never to go near any man's investment - be it local or foreign. but in case you want to do it, do it hidden! cheesy

1 Like

Re: A Friend Just Bought This Car 850k In Dubai by kaffy4tope(m): 9:52am On May 28, 2019
Lol that’s a Right Hand vehicle

Did you know how much it cost to convert that?

1 Like

Re: A Friend Just Bought This Car 850k In Dubai by moski5(m): 9:55am On May 28, 2019
priestcharm:
So if you buy 850k , how much do you think the car will be sold for in nigeria considering shipping and Clearing?

the point is 1. dubai dont manufacture cars yet 2. such a clean car is not in d millions

3 Likes

Re: A Friend Just Bought This Car 850k In Dubai by kingreign(m): 10:02am On May 28, 2019
Acidosis:

Nigeria is the most of expensive place in the world to buy a car. Even cars are cheaper in Benin Republic. Only in Nigeria will someone save N2m and the best he can get is a car produced some 15 years ago with a mileage of over 150k miles.

Baba. That car has questions about it's origin. It's RHD meaning from Japan, but Japan didn't start using Lexus till lately. Secondly, that place where the car was videoed in is an auction stand. Where used Japanese cars are sold on auction for a fraction of their cost.

In US, that car is around 8,000-12,000 us dollars used.

1 Like

Re: A Friend Just Bought This Car 850k In Dubai by Exponental(m): 10:09am On May 28, 2019
minasota:

Shipping, clearing and custom duty. Buying it 850k may be a lucky or stupid deal but on a good day, custom duty is a way of ripping us off. I bet govt of the day will never support local production of cars.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Friend Just Bought This Car 850k In Dubai by Youngsage: 10:11am On May 28, 2019
kaffy4tope:

you people just don't get the point!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Friend Just Bought This Car 850k In Dubai by Acidosis(m): 10:20am On May 28, 2019
kingreign:

Baba. That car has questions about it's origin. It's RHD meaning from Japan, but Japan didn't start using Lexus till lately. Secondly, that place where the car was videoed in is an auction stand. Where used Japanese cars are sold on auction for a fraction of their cost.

Alright boss. Thanks for the enlightenment. My main argument is the high cost of clearing. That amount is just about the cost of clearing a 2009 SUV in Nigeria (imagine adding 8,000USD, other levies, and dealer's profit). Auctions don't mean free-of-levies you know. So if that car flies for 850k in Dubai, you can be very sure the custom duty and other levies paid is on the low side.
Re: A Friend Just Bought This Car 850k In Dubai by AshipaEk0: 10:29am On May 28, 2019
Youngsage:

you people just don't get the point!

What is this point?

That things that are not produced in your country will be more expensive than in the country where they are produced?

Or

That Dubai doesn't charge 70% Customs Duty for cars?

Or

that RHD drive cars are cheaper than LHD cars in LHD countries?

Or

is it that you believe they should just dash you 20 million naira cars for 1 million?
Re: A Friend Just Bought This Car 850k In Dubai by dreamwords: 12:58pm On May 28, 2019
priestcharm:
Wasn't that car shiped and also cleared in dubai, or was it manufactured in dubai?

6 Likes

Re: A Friend Just Bought This Car 850k In Dubai by Umu101: 2:40pm On May 28, 2019
1) Are you unemployed and tired of applying endlessly for jobs that you don't get?

2) Are you tired of sleeping and waking each day feeling like your life is wasting away?

3) Are you regularly active online with little or nothing to show for it?

Don't lose heart dear. I've been there before. I pulled myself out after I learnt one of the best kept secrets of the Nigerian market place...

The secret is MINI IMPORTATION from countries like China, turkey, Dubai etc. Almost everything in any market in Nigeria is imported. This is why with capital as low as N10,000 which you would have otherwise spent on data and credit, you will make QUIET but crazy cash on a monthly basis!

I want to conduct a FREE mini importation training session for 20 people.
The training will start by 7 pm this evening.

click on this link if you are interested
( just for 20 interested people)
https:///LQmT1O7DXz85ZJI9WOiOdc
Re: A Friend Just Bought This Car 850k In Dubai by General0847: 5:49pm On May 28, 2019
kingreign:

Lexus is a Japanese brand yet Japan didn't start using Lexus till late?

5 Likes

Re: A Friend Just Bought This Car 850k In Dubai by Julivas(m): 5:55pm On May 28, 2019
Hmmm, but this 2005 Honda is available in Ibadan for 800k.

Re: A Friend Just Bought This Car 850k In Dubai by kingreign(m): 7:42pm On May 28, 2019
General0847:

Lexus is a Japanese brand yet Japan didn't start using Lexus till late?

Yes, you're surprised?

1 Like

Re: A Friend Just Bought This Car 850k In Dubai by gcof(m): 9:19pm On May 28, 2019
Acidosis:
Nigeria is the most expensive place in the world to buy a car. Even cars are cheaper in Benin Republic. Only in Nigeria will someone save N2m and the best he can get is a car produced some 15 years ago with a mileage of over 150k miles.
benin republic has little or no import duty on imported cars but in Nigeria, import duty on imported cars are most times 3 to 5 times the cost of the car

1 Like

Re: A Friend Just Bought This Car 850k In Dubai by gcof(m): 9:20pm On May 28, 2019
dreamwords:

Wasn't that car shiped and also cleared in dubai, or was it manufactured in dubai?
lol calm down bro...Import duty is free in Dubai

1 Like

Re: A Friend Just Bought This Car 850k In Dubai by gcof(m): 9:27pm On May 28, 2019
Exponental:

Shipping, clearing and custom duty. Buying it 850k may be a lucky or stupid deal but on a good day, custom duty is a way of ripping us off. I bet govt of the day will never support local production of cars.
i think that is part of the reason import duty on cars are high in Nigeria. The Government want its citizen to buy locally assembled cars

1 Like

Re: A Friend Just Bought This Car 850k In Dubai by gcof(m): 9:29pm On May 28, 2019
AshipaEk0:

What is this point?

That things that are not produced in your country will be more expensive than in the country where they are produced?

Or

That Dubai doesn't charge 70% Customs Duty for cars?

Or

that RHD drive cars are cheaper than LHD cars in LHD countries?

Or

is it that you believe they should just dash you 20 million naira cars for 1 million?
grin
Re: A Friend Just Bought This Car 850k In Dubai by AndroBlaze: 11:27pm On May 28, 2019
Strange for it to be a RHD as Dubai drive on the right the same way we do.
Re: A Friend Just Bought This Car 850k In Dubai by Temple1288(m): 1:29am On May 29, 2019
kaffy4tope:

They don't have that in Dubai! Cars in Dubai have the steering wheel on the left..
Re: A Friend Just Bought This Car 850k In Dubai by kingreign(m): 10:04am On May 29, 2019
Acidosis:

Alright boss. Thanks for the enlightenment. My main argument is the high cost of clearing. That amount is just about the cost of clearing a 2009 SUV in Nigeria (imagine adding 8,000USD, other levies, and dealer's profit). Auctions don't mean free-of-levies you know. So if that car flies for 850k in Dubai, you can be very sure the custom duty and other levies paid is on the low side.

Personally, I won't take that 850k talk with a pinch of salt cos in the video, the guys didn't show us proof of its payment or price. Don't forget, everyone in social media could say anything and do anything to score a cheap point. Even in Japan, that car is still expensive. Way more expensive than that stated price Used.
Re: A Friend Just Bought This Car 850k In Dubai by futurism: 6:28am On May 30, 2019
embarassed

(1) (Reply)

»»»Sold!! Toks Grade RR Sport 012 @ N6.5M Negotiable ««« / Canadian Used 2006 Honda Civic N2.1m / 2007 Toyota Corolla For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.