Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,229 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:05 AM

Buhari Blasts Nigerian Elites For Never Supporting Him - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Blasts Nigerian Elites For Never Supporting Him (475 Views)

Datti Baba-ahmed Tackles Northern Political Elites For Resisting Obi's Candidacy / Matthew Page: Nigerian Elites Using UK Schools As Shields For Money Laundering / Dogara Criticizes Northern Elites For Not Scrutinizing Buhari Like Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Blasts Nigerian Elites For Never Supporting Him by ScooperOfficial: 9:50am On May 28, 2019
[/b]

[b]CLICK THE LINK FOR MORE
: https://m.scoopernews.com/detail?newsId=2709932

President Muhammadu Buhari claims Nigerian elites have never supported his political ambition even as he thanked ordinary citizens for making him a leader.

Buhari said this during a special interview aired on the Nigerian Television Authority on Monday, May 27.

Explaining his claim, Buhari said the elites only supported candidates they believe will bend to their political and economic interests.

The president, however, credited ordinary citizens, saying they saw through this and chose him without any conditions.

He said: “They want to impress and they try to dictate the terms for government “I contested three times before I won the fourth time.

“The elite should thank the rest of other Nigerians who voted for him (me).

“People trooped out to see him on the campaign trail, which means that the elite had always been in the minority. “Nigerians understood me.”

Trying to shade some light on how he came to power, the president said he familiarised himself with every part of the country in his bid to become president.

He said: “There is no local government in Nigeria I have never visited between 2003 and now.”

For More Updates, Kindly Follow Scooper Across All Social Media Platforms

Facebook: Scooper

Twitter: @scooperng

Instagram: scooperng

Re: Buhari Blasts Nigerian Elites For Never Supporting Him by yarimo(m): 9:58am On May 28, 2019
Sir don't worry majority of the masses are in your support of your good leadership , Nigeria shall be great under your leadership.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Blasts Nigerian Elites For Never Supporting Him by Nobody: 10:33am On May 28, 2019
Yes ! that's my president
Re: Buhari Blasts Nigerian Elites For Never Supporting Him by CyynthiaKiss(f): 10:41am On May 28, 2019
The idiot wants to give impression that he was supported by the masses

1 Like

Re: Buhari Blasts Nigerian Elites For Never Supporting Him by TooMuchStuff: 10:42am On May 28, 2019
And the elites that never supported you are the main beneficiaries of your rule while the poor that did vote for u are dying like flies tru fulanis herdsmen, poverty, fulani kidnappings and boko boys who are all your cousins.....

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Will Be Sworn-in As President Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria / Nigerians, Others Launder £100bn Dirty Money In UK Annually / IBB LOOT; When Are We Going To Recover It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.