Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,732 members, 7,820,536 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:38 PM

Video:PM In London After Nigeria Declares Its Independence - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Video:PM In London After Nigeria Declares Its Independence (6999 Views)

Okorocha Spotted On A Train In London After Being Embarrassed By IPOB. Photo / Nigerian Chuka Umunna May Become First Black British PM In 2015 / Tinubu Recuperating In London After Knee Surgery In The US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Video:PM In London After Nigeria Declares Its Independence by walata44(m): 10:18pm On Sep 27, 2010
Re: Video:PM In London After Nigeria Declares Its Independence by jumobi1(m): 10:27pm On Sep 27, 2010
Pretty well spoken gentleman
Re: Video:PM In London After Nigeria Declares Its Independence by Nobody: 12:52am On Sep 28, 2010
the guy was actually VERY articulate! Why cant the north give us men like these again?
Re: Video:PM In London After Nigeria Declares Its Independence by bkbabe97y(m): 12:10pm On Sep 28, 2010
And all this while these lying pieces of shiyyt from Western and Eastern Nigeria gave me the impression that men like Prime Minister Tafawa Balewa were nothing more than blood-thirsty sand Arabs who couldnt speak English to save their lives. I was half-expecting that the interview would be translated to him in Arabic. . . . .

Intelligent man obviously, cut short in his prime by Maj.Ifeajuna and other Ibo soldiers. . . . . No wonder the North went all-out in the great revenge of July '66!
Re: Video:PM In London After Nigeria Declares Its Independence by md4real(m): 12:18pm On Sep 28, 2010
davidylan:

the guy was actually VERY articulate! Why cant the north give us men like these again?
THEY STILL GOT PLENTY OF EM BUT, VERY CORRUPT
Re: Video:PM In London After Nigeria Declares Its Independence by Nobody: 12:19pm On Sep 28, 2010
at BK.BABe97

see you talking as if you were there. come and try that 1966 massacre now and see how they break gworo into pieces.

Wake up and smell the coffee the political and economic power of Nigeria is now in the hands of southern christians. if you don't know better ask somebody. shameless tribalist idiot
Re: Video:PM In London After Nigeria Declares Its Independence by kulutempa: 12:20pm On Sep 28, 2010
The  BBC  video of Tafawa Balewa speaks volumes about the drastic  fall in standards in both public and private sectors in Nigeria.  You only have to watch the video and compare it to the recent CNN interview with Babangida to understand what I mean.  However the more fundamental problem lies with us Nigerian citizens who tolerate and allow these charlatans and nincompoops to lord it over us.
Re: Video:PM In London After Nigeria Declares Its Independence by Ayowumie(m): 12:30pm On Sep 28, 2010
bk.babe97y:

And all this while these lying pieces of shiyyt from Western and Eastern Nigeria gave me the impression that men like Prime Minister Tafawa Balewa were nothing more than blood-thirsty sand Arabs who couldnt speak English to save their lives. I was half-expecting that the interview would be translated to him in Arabic. . . . .

No body spoke ill of Tafawa Balewa. Infact, he was one of the finest articulate gentlemen ever from this nation.

bk.babe97y:

Intelligent man obviously, cut short in his prime by Maj.Ifeajuna and other Ibo soldiers. . . . . No wonder the North went all-out in the great revenge of July '66!
Nigeria should obviously beware of people like you. You are the kind of people that would go to war in Nigeria simply becos of a killing of an Arab in the middle east. Religious Fanatic - all they do is to cause confusion without a justifiable cause. May God deliver Nigeria from people irrational people, who promotes division in the name of ethnic patriotism.
Re: Video:PM In London After Nigeria Declares Its Independence by obiem(m): 12:35pm On Sep 28, 2010
jumobi1:

Pretty well spoken gentleman

U can say that again, one of the few that earned my respect even up till date. His diction is far from the regular northern politician that pronounces 'f' as 'p'. They say he was a fine gentleman to the core and i believe that(earning the OBE from the queen is no mean feat). Infact, he and his contemporaries: Awo, Zik and Sarduana were indeed Nigeria's finest and to me may never be replaced.
Re: Video:PM In London After Nigeria Declares Its Independence by Nobody: 12:50pm On Sep 28, 2010
articulate dude
Re: Video:PM In London After Nigeria Declares Its Independence by muhsin(m): 1:28pm On Sep 28, 2010
Hey,

Although I haven't yet played the video after numerous trials, I know of the man's speech. He's said to have a "golden voice".

Beside, there are still more like him; the likes of Dan-Masanin Kano. He, too, is very articulate and speaks very impeccable, interesting and sometimes even rhyming English.

May his (Balewa's) soul rest in peace, amin.
Re: Video:PM In London After Nigeria Declares Its Independence by bkbabe97y(m): 1:30pm On Sep 28, 2010
Ayowumie:

No body spoke ill of Tafawa Balewa. Infact, he was one of the finest articulate gentlemen ever from this nation.

. . . . . . can u read?
Ayowumie:

igeria should obviously beware of people like you. You are the kind of people that would go to war in Nigeria simply becos of a killing of an Arab in the middle east. Religious Fanatic - all they do is to cause confusion without a justifiable cause. May God deliver Nigeria from people irrational people, who promotes division in the name of ethnic patriotism.

. . . . clearly u cant!!!!
Re: Video:PM In London After Nigeria Declares Its Independence by opabukun(m): 3:12pm On Sep 28, 2010
perfect gentleman he was!
In 1963, on his annual leave,he was spotted relaxing with his sons in his farm house near Bauchi.
such an humble man. RIP
I will post d pic later.
or check front page of BottomLINE Mag. Sept. - Oct., 2010 edition
Re: Video:PM In London After Nigeria Declares Its Independence by OAM4J: 3:32pm On Sep 28, 2010
As i said on a similar thread to this, I have read many of Balewa speeches, but the assumption was that they were written speeches prepared by others, judging from the way a typical average Hausa man speaks

Now I understand why he was called 'the golden voice of Africa', and I really feel bad he was taken out so early before our generation. He was really ahead of many of his generation.

Unfortunately not too many credits & honor were given to him from many historical accounts, the impression one gets is that he was only Ahmadu Bello's stooge.

Another person i wish to hear/watch speak is Samuel Ladoke Akintola, read he was an intelligent and great orator too.
Re: Video:PM In London After Nigeria Declares Its Independence by bawomolo(m): 3:34pm On Sep 28, 2010
nice speech
Re: Video:PM In London After Nigeria Declares Its Independence by mazaje(m): 3:37pm On Sep 28, 2010
opabukun:

perfect gentleman he was!
In 1963, on his annual leave,he was spotted relaxing with his sons in his farm house near Bauchi.
such an humble man. RIP
I will post d pic later.
or check front page of BottomLINE Mag. Sept. - Oct., 2010 edition

Yeah, he was truly a very humble man according to those that knew him. . . . .The present crop of northern leaders are pathetic. . . .
Re: Video:PM In London After Nigeria Declares Its Independence by bawomolo(m): 3:44pm On Sep 28, 2010
mazaje:

Yeah, he was truly a very humble man according to those that knew him. . . . .The present crop of northern leaders are pathetic. . . .

definitely dispels the almajiri stereotypes. see how fluent the guy is
Re: Video:PM In London After Nigeria Declares Its Independence by MaziUche0(m): 4:23pm On Sep 28, 2010
As I said before, this man speaks so eloquently.

It seems like the leaders of the past were very intelligent.

Ojukwu, Balewa, Azikiwe, Awolowo. . . What happened to intelligent leaders? Now we have leaders who can barely read!

I have a new found respect for this man though. After reading some information about him, he was a good guy.
Re: Video:PM In London After Nigeria Declares Its Independence by amazonia(m): 5:08pm On Sep 28, 2010
I am really touched.
watching the gallantry of his steps
The hutzpah of his dominion
The savvyness of his tongue. The man
seems to me as an embodiment of
political gravitas.
Re: Video:PM In London After Nigeria Declares Its Independence by CapnCrunch: 5:27pm On Sep 28, 2010
wow
Re: Video:PM In London After Nigeria Declares Its Independence by Nobody: 5:34pm On Sep 28, 2010
MaziUche0:

As I said before, this man speaks so eloquently.

It seems like the leaders of the past were very intelligent.

Ojukwu, Balewa, Azikiwe, Awolowo. . . What happened to intelligent leaders? Now we have leaders who can barely read!

I have a new found respect for this man though. After reading some information about him, he was a good guy.
Shoe get size,Ojukwu is no where in the calibre of Awolowo,Balewa and Zik.
Re: Video:PM In London After Nigeria Declares Its Independence by chyz(m): 5:38pm On Sep 28, 2010
~Bluetooth:

How so?
Re: Video:PM In London After Nigeria Declares Its Independence by Nobody: 5:43pm On Sep 28, 2010
chyz:

How so?
The three are found fathers while the odd among the group is . . . . . ! Like i said earlier,shoe get size
Re: Video:PM In London After Nigeria Declares Its Independence by bioye(m): 6:23pm On Sep 28, 2010
[url=http://www.time.com/time/covers/0,16641,19601205,00.html]Time archive page[/url]

[url=http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,895071,00.html]Time Cover Story:NIGERIA - BLACK ROCK[/url]

Re: Video:PM In London After Nigeria Declares Its Independence by TewMuch: 6:53pm On Sep 28, 2010
The video only shows he is Well spoken, yes.There's nothing to prove his intelligence.Only that he seems to agree to whatever the british want him to agree to.No wonder he got where he did.Did Y'all see d vid of the biafran war aftermath? Interesting.
Re: Video:PM In London After Nigeria Declares Its Independence by Onlytruth(m): 7:04pm On Sep 28, 2010
~Bluetooth:

As a matter of fact Ojukwu trumps Awo thoroughly. cool cool Don't take my word for it. Listen to English at its finest.

[flash=480,385]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZBhCiTkqT0?fs=1&hl=en_US[/flash]
Re: Video:PM In London After Nigeria Declares Its Independence by kulutempa: 7:09pm On Sep 28, 2010
@bioye, thanks for the Time Magazine December 1960 cover story on Nigeria.  It is quite obvious from the article that nothing has really changed in Nigeria.  What we have is an artificial  country made up of 3 major  tribes without much  in common who live in an uneasy alliance and mutual suspicion of each other.  That is why we have not made any real progress in 50 years and why we need to stop pretending and ask ourselves whether we are happy with an arrangement made by our colonial masters for their benefit and convenience and in the spirit of the good old British strategy of "divide and rule".  In my opinion the best way forward for Nigeria is a governing ruling body made up of representatives of each region/state of the country and a president without executive powers who would only rubber stamp the  decisions made by the representative ruling body.  This would devolve power from the centre and reduce the perenial suspicion that a particular tribe would dominate others, which has over the years, crippled our development.
Re: Video:PM In London After Nigeria Declares Its Independence by Nobody: 7:11pm On Sep 28, 2010
Onlytruth:

As a matter of fact Ojukw trumps Awo thoroughly. cool cool Don't take my word for it. Listen to English at its finest.

[flash=480,385]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZBhCiTkqT0?fs=1&hl=en_US[/flash]
Why would you compare ojukwu with Awolowo in the first place ? Like i said earlier,shoe get size !
Re: Video:PM In London After Nigeria Declares Its Independence by Onlytruth(m): 7:13pm On Sep 28, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Why would compare ojukwu with Awolowo in the first place ? Like i said earlier,shoe get size !

Oh I agree totally. That is the essence of my earlier post.  cool cool

I never compare them. One is clearly better in terms of spoken English and trusted leadership. One is still alive and getting old quietly while the other is long dead. cool
Re: Video:PM In London After Nigeria Declares Its Independence by Nobody: 7:19pm On Sep 28, 2010
Onlytruth:

Oh I agree totally. That is the essence of my earlier post.  cool cool

I never compare them. One is clearly better in terms of spoken English and trusted leadership. One is still alive and getting old quietly while the other is long dead. cool
He would preferred to have died a long time if he knew that he would grow old to become worthless and irrelevant.Awo was noble till death.
Re: Video:PM In London After Nigeria Declares Its Independence by kulutempa: 7:21pm On Sep 28, 2010
@onlytruth & bluetooth, thank you very much for confirming what I just said!
Re: Video:PM In London After Nigeria Declares Its Independence by Onlytruth(m): 7:22pm On Sep 28, 2010
~Bluetooth:

He would preferred to have died a long time if he knew that he would grow old to become worthless and irrelevant.Awo was noble till death.

No, Awo had to kill himself to exit a miserable life. The Ikemba is still enjoying his beautiful wife and Igbo love. He will continue to live to see the judgment of God on our enemies.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Stop The Violence Against Women In Nigeria! / Resource Control Is Not Feasible / Atiku Lists His Achievements As Vice President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.