Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,985 members, 7,817,904 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:28 PM

Which Is Good For Programming - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Which Is Good For Programming (854 Views)

Good PC Spec For Programming And Design: Your Advice / Minimum Computer Specs For Programming / Recommend A Laptop For Programming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Is Good For Programming by mosefin19(m): 12:32pm On May 28, 2019
Pls house I have two option between

Dell latitude 6440 &

Hp Elitebook 8460p Both is core i5

which is the best to start a programming language

And does graphic memory really matters
Pls help a soul don’t wanna have any issue when as I wanna start
Re: Which Is Good For Programming by stanliwise(m): 1:58pm On May 28, 2019
mosefin19:
Pls house I have two option between

Dell latitude 6440 &

Hp Elitebook 8460p Both is core i5

which is the best to start a programming language

And does graphic memory really matters
Pls help a soul don’t wanna have any issue when as I wanna start
dell sll the way
Re: Which Is Good For Programming by mosefin19(m): 2:25pm On May 28, 2019
stanliwise:
dell sll the way

Have been noticing you.... u always responding well in this section thanks so much I will go for it bcuz I know you’re an expact in programming pls can I have ur number
Re: Which Is Good For Programming by stanliwise(m): 2:31pm On May 28, 2019
mosefin19:

Have been noticing you.... u always responding well in this section thanks so much I will go for it bcuz I know you’re an expact in programming pls can I have ur number
-----------
Notr: I would be right if you're buying from a trusted dealer that have your interest at heart. Dell are stronger than HP by far. But have an engineer to do internal testing for you o
Re: Which Is Good For Programming by mosefin19(m): 3:02pm On May 28, 2019
stanliwise:
Notr: I would be right if you're buying from a trusted dealer that have your interest at heart. Dell are stronger than HP by far. But have an engineer to do internal testing for you o

Ok thanks getting it from a trusted person
Re: Which Is Good For Programming by EvilSec: 3:52pm On May 28, 2019
stanliwise:
dell sll the way
You're giving the wrong advice! It all boils down to what type of programming he'll be doing and whether it’s going to be his primary computer... Seems all he knows is the processor type.

@mosefin19! The graphics matters alot, but if you already know that your programming on either of the machines will be basically using a text editor, then uploading that to some other machine, you can get away with almost any of the two. If you’re planning on doing mathematical work on it, or simulations that require a lot of math, like architecture or other things that require tons of differential equations, you need the best chip you can find and tons of memory "check which one has that between the two". If you don’t really know what a differential equation is, have never once touched MATLAB in your life, and you’re really just planning to write web applications or something similarly simple, from a computational load point of view, then the good news is you almost certainly don’t need that much numerical crunch power, so either of the two will work. If you’re doing large builds that would take a long time, you also want good CPU and lots of memory. But don’t kid yourself and talk yourself into buying the Dell machine for that; instead, get serious and do the math.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Is Good For Programming by stanliwise(m): 4:04pm On May 28, 2019
EvilSec:

You're giving the wrong advice! It all boils down to what type of programming he'll be doing and whether it’s going to be his primary computer... Seems all he knows is the processor type.

@mosefin19! The graphics matters alot, but if you already know that your programming on either of the machines will be basically using a text editor, then uploading that to some other machine, you can get away with almost any of the two. If you’re planning on doing mathematical work on it, or simulations that require a lot of math, like architecture or other things that require tons of differential equations, you need the best chip you can find and tons of memory "check which one has that between the two". If you don’t really know what a differential equation is, have never once touched MATLAB in your life, and you’re really just planning to write web applications or something similarly simple, from a computational load point of view, then the good news is you almost certainly don’t need that much numerical crunch power, so either of the two will work. If you’re doing large builds that would take a long time, you also want good CPU and lots of memory. But don’t kid yourself and talk yourself into buying the Dell machine for that; instead, get serious and do the math.
I came from an utopia point of view. All things equal, dell anyday, any time.
Re: Which Is Good For Programming by EvilSec: 4:21pm On May 28, 2019
stanliwise:
I came from an utopia point of view. All things equal, dell anyday, any time.
The specs don't matter? Okay then.

(1) (Reply)

Looking For A Mobile And Web App Developer / How Much Would A Loan Disbursement App Cost - Android Developer Needed / This Dumb Error Kept Me Stuck For A Week.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.