Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,228 members, 7,825,890 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 05:16 AM

Fraud By Nigerian Private Schools - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Fraud By Nigerian Private Schools (855 Views)

Nigerian Private Universities And Their Funny Names / Charles Jide-Oni: OAU Disowns ‘Professor’ Arraigned For Fraud By EFCC / Why Many Nigerian Private Universities May Go Extinct In The Next Decade (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fraud By Nigerian Private Schools by lordsterlin(m): 4:28pm On May 28, 2019
FRAUD BY NIGERIAN PRIVATE SCHOOLS!

HOMEWORK! HOMEWORK! AND MORE HOMEWORK FOR PARENTS.

It has become clear to many parents that the task of teaching their children has been shifted to them despite the huge fees they keep doling out to private schools.

Children come home with homework that requires over 6 hours to complete and the children are usually clueless about the topic.

Clearly some of these topics were never introduced in class and the burden of breaking in the topic is shifted to the parents. In some cases a topic is given a very brief introduction in class then a slew of tasks is bundled as assignments and becomes the parent's responsibility to ground the child in the subject.

Nigerian parents remain docile. They know they are being shafted but continue to take it.
Some schools try to drive the narrative that all other kids are up to par and only yours is finding it difficult. Bull! The teachers are trained to sell you that line (the only training they seem to receive). This belief gives every parent a catch-up mentality. So you either enroll in their "extra lessons " or you find yourself doing homework for your children everyday.
This phenomenon (fraud) was prevalent in China until parents got together and fought against it.

After paying exorbitant school fees, the schools pay peanuts to the teachers. Some private school teachers in Nigeria consider themselves unemployed because their remuneration is so small!

They can't be bothered to be dedicated. Besides many just simply are untrained.
The private schools have found a solution: transfer the teaching tasks to the parents!

Parents must individually reject this fraud!
Insist on only one assignment per subject per week. If the schools won't comply then we must refuse to pay school fees this term!
Insist that teaching must be in the classroom! Not through 'extra lessons '!

It is a big lie that every other child except yours is doing well! They only exploit your competitive spirit!

Enough is enough! Teach our children or we will not pay the school fees! If we are doing all the work we might as well enroll them in the LEA public schools!
Re: Fraud By Nigerian Private Schools by Donniefred(m): 5:00pm On May 28, 2019
shocked
Re: Fraud By Nigerian Private Schools by alfarouq(m): 6:33pm On May 28, 2019
True talk. My uncle who pays exhorbitant fees for his children in Abuja is always sending debate topics to me on email. I will draft the points and send it back through mail because I reside in another state.
He has been complaining that all the school does is collect school fees but live parents with responsibilities of educating their children. He is an educated man but he is very busy.
Re: Fraud By Nigerian Private Schools by rottable(m): 9:01pm On May 28, 2019
Most private schools give homworks just to give the impression that they are working

1 Like

Re: Fraud By Nigerian Private Schools by lordsterlin(m): 12:12am On May 29, 2019
alfarouq:
True talk. My uncle who pays exhorbitant fees for his children in Abuja is always sending debate topics to me on email. I will draft the points and send it back through mail because I reside in another state.
He has been complaining that all the school does is collect school fees but live parents with responsibilities of educating their children. He is an educated man but he is very busy.

More incompetent teachers are teaching our children.
Re: Fraud By Nigerian Private Schools by Valleys(m): 7:55am On May 29, 2019
My niece own is too much. One or two examples, then the whole exercise is homework. And her school feels for a year is what I used to finish six years in UNIBEN+ secondary school+ primary school.

1 Like

Re: Fraud By Nigerian Private Schools by Nobody: 12:15pm On May 29, 2019
Valleys:
My niece own is too much. One or two examples, then the whole exercise is homework. And her school feels for a year is what I used to finish six years in UNIBEN+ secondary school+ primary school.
what is the name of the school?
Re: Fraud By Nigerian Private Schools by Valleys(m): 12:43pm On May 29, 2019
asuustrike1:

what is the name of the school?
You know redeemers school in kd
Re: Fraud By Nigerian Private Schools by Nobody: 2:47pm On May 29, 2019
Parents must individually reject this fraud!
Insist on only one assignment per subject per week. If the schools won't comply then we must refuse to pay school fees this term!
It is not fraud rather it makes the child busy. Wouldn't you complain if your child isn't busy with school work?. One assignment per week is too small. Engaging the pupils or students as the case may be would help the child know it. Many kids are too playful hence engaging them with academic exercise this period would do while holidays is rest the brain.
Re: Fraud By Nigerian Private Schools by Nobody: 2:50pm On May 29, 2019
After paying exorbitant school fees, the schools pay peanuts to the teachers. Some private school teachers in Nigeria consider themselves unemployed because their remuneration is so small!
How are the fees exorbitant? Or do you pay up to N30,000 per term? Are you aware there numerous private schools charging less than the alleged exorbitant fees for example N5,000 per term? they within your vicinity
Re: Fraud By Nigerian Private Schools by Nobody: 3:02pm On May 29, 2019
The private schools have found a solution: transfer the teaching tasks to the parents!
This assertion is not totally correct however it doesn't dispute the fact that many private schools don't misbehave. The teacher's job is to teach and impact knowledge then he or she give his or her pulpis or students take home assignment in other for them to master what been taught. A wise parent should have time for their kids. You assist your child in doing her homework instead of complaining. If the child becomes responsible in life,it is rare to remember what the teacher did instead all the praises goes to child and God while the teacher who helped the child is kept at the dark.
Re: Fraud By Nigerian Private Schools by Nobody: 3:08pm On May 29, 2019
It is a big lie that every other child except yours is doing well! They only exploit your competitive spirit!
Where did you get this fact from or it is what your child's principal or head teacher asserted?. I want to believe that statement emanates from the school your child attends because it is unprofessional from the school except the allegations are true
Re: Fraud By Nigerian Private Schools by Paulpeterparker: 9:47pm On May 29, 2019
Nigerians are the most confused people in the world. what is wrong with the teacher giving his/her students/pupils numerous assignments? Educating our children is not just the work of the teacher but also parents should also be involved and if any parent is too busy then they should get a lesson teacher.
Re: Fraud By Nigerian Private Schools by Lamiri(m): 11:56pm On May 29, 2019
TBH education scam starts in private schools from primary to Secondary if you know you know
Re: Fraud By Nigerian Private Schools by Nobody: 9:44am On May 30, 2019
Paulpeterparker:
Nigerians are the most confused people in the world. what is wrong with the teacher giving his/her students/pupils numerous assignments? Educating our children is not just the work of the teacher but also parents should also be involved and if any parent is too busy then they should get a lesson teacher.
Exactly!

(1) (Reply)

Post Utme Documents Needed For OAU 2019 Online Registration / Introducing Tranquil Youth Organization Of Nigeria (TYON Trust) NGO / Most Information Not Showing On Jamb Caps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.