Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,538 members, 7,816,311 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:19 AM

settlnnnnnnnnnnnnn - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / settlnnnnnnnnnnnnn (1639 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

settlnnnnnnnnnnnnn by themanna(m): 6:31am On Sep 28, 2010
finifh
Re: settlnnnnnnnnnnnnn by suspected: 7:32am On Sep 28, 2010
bro just leave her alone, if you no want reach naija the next morning
Re: settlnnnnnnnnnnnnn by InkedNerd(f): 7:43am On Sep 28, 2010
And exactly what was said in this argument? Can you please provide a back story to this post?
Re: settlnnnnnnnnnnnnn by deniyor: 8:53am On Sep 28, 2010
^^^^ whatever the story, it is no reason to raise her hand on her husband! too late bro but u should hv reacted immediately it happened to show ur discontent instead of coming to nl. so how did u react?
Re: settlnnnnnnnnnnnnn by InkedNerd(f): 9:17am On Sep 28, 2010
deniyor:

^^^^ whatever the story, it is no reason to raise her hand on her husband! too late bro but u should hv reacted immediately it happened to show your discontent instead of coming to nl. so how did u react?

I never said it was ok. I was just curious to know what was said.
Re: settlnnnnnnnnnnnnn by ifyalways(f): 9:40am On Sep 28, 2010
Im Sorry but the title got me LMAO!
@Topic,done is done.Get over the slap and shock,it might be a reflex action which she might be prolly be regretting now.Maybe u said something mean that hurt deeply undecided
Talk with ur wife when u are calm,let her know she went overboard with that single spine slap cheesy N PLEASE dont go telling her u are gonna slap her back next time she slaps u . . Just tell her u felt hurt and im sure she wud feel bad and apologise.
Finally forget the slap and move on.Shit happens.
Re: settlnnnnnnnnnnnnn by OAM4J: 9:52am On Sep 28, 2010
to advice him to just forget it and move on is easier said than done.

I dont know what to advice you, but for me I'll ensure she regrets it and she never tries it again

and the options do not include beating her or being violent with her.
Re: settlnnnnnnnnnnnnn by themanna(m): 9:57am On Sep 28, 2010
@Inked_Nerd , we were together in the car and i was driving, i was trying to explain to her that the way her brother is handling my business is not satifying , he tot maybe i said her brother was a thief, even if i said so this is a boy i can born, she has no right to slap me for that. I just need pple respond maybe i can get an ideal but i know what to do too.
Re: settlnnnnnnnnnnnnn by ifyalways(f): 10:07am On Sep 28, 2010
Poster,u sound very bitter abt the slap and U have every right to be BUT please,find a way in your heart to forgive her . . .For the sake of the marriage and kids.2 wrongs dont make a right.Dont complicate things by scheming and thinking of ways to deal with her.
Like shes prolly regretting her action(done under 2 seconds of craze and loss of self control) u dont want to react too and maybe later regret.Look at it as another mistake or weakness in your lovely wife and forgive her Biko.
Re: settlnnnnnnnnnnnnn by themanna(m): 10:21am On Sep 28, 2010
@fyalways, thanks, but u cant understand.Understand my plight if i was caught with a woman and she slap me ,she has a good ground. , but my concern is that what get over her is unbelivable. I paid her WAEC fee , sponsor her in school (if not everything major) i single handedly did our wedding cos she was not working i was an accountant in Nigeria. i brought her to USA so the best thing that can happen to me is to slap me.maybe i take it serious too much im no a violent guy , but , i don't know
Re: settlnnnnnnnnnnnnn by ifyalways(f): 10:31am On Sep 28, 2010
Yes,I dont understand how u feel but im suggesting ways to let the pains and hurt die.I know it hurts,looking at everything u said u did for ur wife but sweetie,we are NOT perfect,we all have our weaknesses and moments of madness.
You it seems,are seeing the slap as a sign of ingratitude for all u did for her undecided but i dont think so.She lost her cool and reacted foolishly we all do once-in-a-while
Nothing heals like forgiveness,Please forgive her.
Re: settlnnnnnnnnnnnnn by themanna(m): 10:35am On Sep 28, 2010
thanks very much i appreciate your advise. God bless
Re: settlnnnnnnnnnnnnn by Nobody: 11:39am On Sep 28, 2010
In america? are you truly sure you are in america?
Re: settlnnnnnnnnnnnnn by ZIMDRILL(m): 1:01pm On Sep 28, 2010
themanna:

I can't still get over it, my wife slap me for the first time. this is the lady that i brought up with my own hand sponsor her in school in Nigeria b4 we travel. After 4 years here the spirit jump on her to slap me. The reason was that we had an argument on how her brother was managing our goods in Nigeria;NL this is not worth of slapping me , she just feel like slapping me. I'm confused pls what should i do ?.

i think you think alike

if you where in nigeria she wouldnt have slap you becoz she knows that you would have whopped her arse, you are pissed becoz you know that she wouldnt do it in nigeria and there is nothing much you can do here especially if you are very proud of your ego(like most nigerians)

you wouldnt report her to police becoz of your ego and am sure she knows that
Re: settlnnnnnnnnnnnnn by nellaluv(f): 1:36pm On Sep 28, 2010
@poster

sorry. Deed is done you can't slap her back. Try to work things out with your wifey. KK
Re: settlnnnnnnnnnnnnn by Nobody: 1:42pm On Sep 28, 2010
It may continue after some time if you dont stand on your feet the very first time,this will build up to anger which will be acumulated and will lead to what Niger men do with their nurses wivies.Good luck .
Re: settlnnnnnnnnnnnnn by Nobody: 3:32pm On Sep 28, 2010
Re: settlnnnnnnnnnnnnn by reality4us(m): 3:48pm On Sep 28, 2010
This is one of the reasons why I have resisted and will continue to resist all pressures from my wife for us to relocate abroad ( US, Canada or Ireland).
Re: settlnnnnnnnnnnnnn by Nobody: 3:52pm On Sep 28, 2010
Re: settlnnnnnnnnnnnnn by jaybee3(m): 3:58pm On Sep 28, 2010
Hard one but whatever u do don't just sweep it under the carpet cos if shez not checked then you will surely get twice the slap next time.
Do you know anyone she respects (like your pastor or something like that)?
You need to talk to her first and explain to her you going to forgive her but if it happens again then that's the final straw.
I hope u've never been violent towards her before as well cos these sort of things usually happens based on tit for tat.
Re: settlnnnnnnnnnnnnn by deniyor: 3:58pm On Sep 28, 2010
Dude, you still got it wrong. Your wife should respect you well enough to not raise her hand on you. I never accept it from anyone I date (its a deal breaker for me) and I let them know right from the onset. A good way is to let her know ryt from the moment she took the action that it is utterly unacceptable.

Where you got it wrong is to think she can't slap you cos you have been sponsoring her since she was a kid or smth or cos you paid for the entire wedding. It doesnt matter all you have done for your wife or where you are located. She is your wife and should be on some equal footing with you as your partner. So get all you have done for her since birth outta your mind. With that done, she still should not raise her hand on you. Neither should you raise your hand on her. Without knowing, she might hv introduced violence into her family.
Re: settlnnnnnnnnnnnnn by reality4us(m): 4:07pm On Sep 28, 2010
chaircover:

There are husband slappers in Nigeria too o! I dont think that it is entirely the location. It is the person.

Ive never slapped or intend to slap my hubby & I dont live in Nigeria.

When my wife slaps in Nigeria will I need to come NL before I know what to do?
Re: settlnnnnnnnnnnnnn by OAM4J: 4:07pm On Sep 28, 2010
chaircover:

There are husband slappers in Nigeria too o! I dont think that it is entirely the location. It is the person.

Ive never slapped or intend to slap my hubby & I dont live in Nigeria.

You are one in a million dear! unfortunately many of our sisters dont reason or behave like you once they step out of the shores of Naija.

If not that I like Mr CC, I would have used my Van Vicker better look to snatch you from him  grin. But I believe MR CC is a good man too. cool
Re: settlnnnnnnnnnnnnn by Nobody: 4:13pm On Sep 28, 2010
Re: settlnnnnnnnnnnnnn by OAM4J: 4:25pm On Sep 28, 2010
^^I told you I taught VV how to look good and am better looking than him. cool

This is the reason why I find it difficult to upload my pic, cos many of you will be tempted to leave your partners and start running all over me.

See, I have not shown you my pic and Jenny and her gang have already attached her name to mine. Is it a crime to be rich and handsome? cool grin

Hmnnn, so you needed me? Pls explain oh before Mr CC starts to look for my IP and address o.  grin
Re: settlnnnnnnnnnnnnn by spicyhoney(f): 4:33pm On Sep 28, 2010
Sorry @ poster. Though its kind of funny but for no reason what so ever should a wife raise her hand on her husband only women that are  violently inclined do such act.

Try to forgive her this time around but at the same time make sure you put a little fear into her so as to avoid a repeat episode some day. You know her weakness and the kind of things you could say to her that will shake her and at the same time would not cause an uproar.

Take heart.
Re: settlnnnnnnnnnnnnn by JeSoul(f): 4:46pm On Sep 28, 2010
Maybe this is why she slapped you?

Re: Sexy Girl To Manage A Cyber Cafe In Lagos.(with Benefit)
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=506765.msg6694532#msg6694532
themanna:

I need a sexy girl to join the team on ground to manage my cybercafe in lagos (Ikeja environs) must be willing to work late WITH ME . no offence pls. cool

in which case I would say, you thoroughly deserved it. That is, if the story is even true in the first place.
Re: settlnnnnnnnnnnnnn by Nobody: 5:09pm On Sep 28, 2010
JeSoul:

Maybe this is why she slapped you?

Re: Sexy Girl To Manage A Cyber Cafe In Lagos.(with Benefit)
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=506765.msg6694532#msg6694532
in which case I would say, you thoroughly deserved it. That is, if the story is even true in the first place.

grin grin grin No wonder I got the sense the poster could be lying. grin

Re: My Wife Slap Me 'cos We Are In America

Even if it's true, you are only pissed because you are not in Nigeria where you can beat her black and blue in response, hence the 'cos we are in America' crap.  So spare me. As if some wives have not given their husbands dirty slaps in Nigeria before.

themanna:

@fyalways, thanks, but u cant understand.Understand my plight if i was caught with a woman and she slap me ,she has a good ground. , but my concern is that what get over her is unbelivable. I paid her WAEC fee , sponsor her in school (if not everything major) i single handedly did our wedding cos she was not working i was an accountant in Nigeria. i brought her to USA so the best thing that can happen to me is to slap me.maybe i take it serious too much im no a violent guy , but , i don't know

Bush mentality. So because you paid for all these we won't hear word again.
Re: settlnnnnnnnnnnnnn by Outstrip(f): 5:32pm On Sep 28, 2010
So America was founded for slapping. Why don't you figure out what the issue is before you start blaming america
Re: settlnnnnnnnnnnnnn by no1madman(m): 5:41pm On Sep 28, 2010
Abomination!taboo!TUFIAKWA!
Re: settlnnnnnnnnnnnnn by Nobody: 5:48pm On Sep 28, 2010
themanna:

Why are you focusing on the things you did to her? Did you think you had somehow managed to 'buy' her respect?

No doubt, nothing justifies a woman raising her hand to slap her husband and vice versa. But please stop thinking you deserve better because you 'trained' her!
Re: settlnnnnnnnnnnnnn by ZIMDRILL(m): 5:53pm On Sep 28, 2010
themanna:

I can't still get over it, my wife slap me for the first time. this is the lady that i brought up with my own hand sponsor her in school in Nigeria b4 we travel. After 4 years here the spirit jump on her to slap me. The reason was that we had an argument on how her brother was managing our goods in Nigeria;NL this is not worth of slapping me , she just feel like slapping me. I'm confused pls what should i do ?.

got a solution for you plan your holiday to nigeria once you land whop the shi/t of her and give her the phone 911

she slap you becoz she knows how the system works in US

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria: 60 Feared Killed In Another Ibadan Torture Chamber / Nigerian Air Hostess Arrested With Cocaine At Heathrow / 15-year-old girl beheaded after refusing marriage proposal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.