Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:05 AM

What's Wrong With Your Tribe? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What's Wrong With Your Tribe? (6923 Views)

Common Beautiful Names From The Igbo Tribe / What Is The Significance Of Your Tribe Name / Female Circumcision: what's wrong with it? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's Wrong With Your Tribe? by Ikengawo: 7:13am On Sep 28, 2010
we're always talking about everyone elses tribe, but we seldom talk about what's wrong with our own ppl. i'll start.

im igbo
- our people lie too much
- our people extremely arrogant
- our women are even more arrogant then the men and rude
- we are the least likely to take pride in our culture.
- we have huge heads
- obsessed with showing off.
- elitist
- we accuse others of hating us when we're probably the biggest tribalists in nigeria.
- lack of scruples. but this is true of all tribes in nigeria, we're all willing to do anything to get ahead regardless of the moral disposition of the act.
Re: What's Wrong With Your Tribe? by Nobody: 7:19am On Sep 28, 2010
Ikengawo:

we're always talking about everyone elses tribe, but we seldom talk about what's wrong with our own ppl. i'll start.

im igbo
- we have huge heads
- elitist
- we accuse others of hating us when we're probably the biggest tribalists in nigeria.

I'll get back with you when I can think of sth wrong with mines. As of now. . . . cool

What is wrong with Nigeria in whole?
- Lack of unity
-surplus of unattractive men.
Re: What's Wrong With Your Tribe? by Nobody: 7:30am On Sep 28, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

I'll get back with you when I can think of sth wrong with mines. As of now. . . . cool

What is wrong with Nigeria in whole?
- Lack of unity
-surplus of unattractive men.

Who have you been hanging out with? Not Nigerians I guess.
Re: What's Wrong With Your Tribe? by Nobody: 7:33am On Sep 28, 2010
Aigbofa:

Who have you been hanging out with? Not Nigerians I guess.
Ma ti e je ka lo si be yen.
O fe so fun mi wipe awon ayamantaga ko po ni naija? undecided
Re: What's Wrong With Your Tribe? by Nobody: 7:37am On Sep 28, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Ma ti e je ka lo si be yen.
O fe so fun mi wipe awon ayamantaga ko po ni naija? undecided

Je ka lo si be. Oo ti pade awon boys.
Re: What's Wrong With Your Tribe? by OAM4J: 7:39am On Sep 28, 2010
Ileke idi, you need to change your circle of friends and places of interest asap

obviously you're moving with wrong crowds and visiting wrong places. cool
Re: What's Wrong With Your Tribe? by Nobody: 7:42am On Sep 28, 2010
Aigbofa:

Je ka lo si be. Oo ti pade awon boys.
ahah, mo ti pade wan daada. Nothing to write home about.
And it's either kan tiirin ju or kan sanra ju.

OAM4J:

Ileke idi, you need to change your circle of friends and places of interest asap

obviously you're moving with wrong crowds and visiting wrong places. cool
Touchee.

I'll have you know that it has nothing to do with my ring. Take for example, our politicians.
Re: What's Wrong With Your Tribe? by Ikengawo: 7:48am On Sep 28, 2010
^LOl.

when nigerians want to be good looking they're works of art.
when the want to be ugly they're an abomination.
Re: What's Wrong With Your Tribe? by OAM4J: 7:53am On Sep 28, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

I'll have you know that it has nothing to do with my ring. Take for example, our politicians.

What about our politicians? Have you seen Donald Duke before?

Only few are looking like Obj and Yaradua nau?
Re: What's Wrong With Your Tribe? by semid4lyfe(m): 7:53am On Sep 28, 2010
Isn't there a Racism, Tribalism and Secterianism sub-board anymore?
Re: What's Wrong With Your Tribe? by Nobody: 7:55am On Sep 28, 2010
OAM4J:

What about our politicians? Have you seen Donald Duke before?

Only few are looking like Obj and Yaradua nau?
Lol iro lo n pa fun mi, iwo omode yii.
Se mo so fun e wipe oju mi fo ni? tongue
nkan ti iwo ri gege bi "handsome" ni emi le ri bi "ayamantaga" sha lol
Re: What's Wrong With Your Tribe? by Nobody: 7:57am On Sep 28, 2010
semid4lyfe:

Isn't there a Racism, Tribalism and Secterianism sub-board anymore?
lol. . . this is basically where he'll get the most "tribal"-istic replies.

Ikengawo:

^LOl.

when nigerians want to be good looking they're works of art.
when the want to be ugly they're an abomination.
lol so you're saying that Nigerian men never want to be goodlooking?
Re: What's Wrong With Your Tribe? by Ikengawo: 8:04am On Sep 28, 2010
a work of art usually implies something that's very good looking.

also, it isn't tribalism if your talking about your own ppl.

if i punch an igbo man is it xenophobia?
Re: What's Wrong With Your Tribe? by OAM4J: 8:05am On Sep 28, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Lol iro lo n pa fun mi, iwo omode yii.
Se mo so fun e wipe oju mi fo ni? tongue
nkan ti iwo ri gege bi "handsome" ni emi le ri bi "ayamantaga" sha lol

lol. O je la oju e daada.

Awon ti awon obinrin country emi nku nitori e, ni iwo npe ni ayamantaga.
Re: What's Wrong With Your Tribe? by Nobody: 8:09am On Sep 28, 2010
Ikengawo:

a work of art usually implies something that's very good looking.
I know, my previous post still stands.

Ikengawo:

also, it isn't tribalism if your talking about your own ppl.
But you know it wnt end like that.

OAM4J:

lol. O je la oju e daada.
Awon ti awon obinrin country emi nku nitori e, ni iwo npe ni ayamantaga.
awe, stop speaking Ijaw jare tongue
ta lo n ku nitori mi? my ekiti ppl no dey fight o, emi wa ti ro ju
Re: What's Wrong With Your Tribe? by OAM4J: 8:15am On Sep 28, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

awe, stop speaking Ijaw jare tongue
ta lo n ku nitori mi? my ekiti ppl no dey fight o, emi wa ti ro ju

ku nitori tie ke? Ani Awon okunrin ti iwo n fi enu baje are hot cakes for other women in other countries.

Other African women and Caribbean women will do anything to have a Nigerian man as husband
Re: What's Wrong With Your Tribe? by Nobody: 8:19am On Sep 28, 2010
OAM4J:

ku nitori tie ke? Ani Awon okunrin ti iwo n fi enu baje are hot cakes for other women in other countries.

Other African women and Caribbean women will do anything to have a Nigerian man as husband
You wrote emi instead of imi, thatz why I was confused.

Ta lo n pa gbogbo iro yen fun yin shocked shocked no wonder you guys feel like hot cakes sha lol.

But no lie, awon eyi to lewa wa n'ile naijiriya
Re: What's Wrong With Your Tribe? by Onlytruth(m): 8:39am On Sep 28, 2010
Ikengawo:

im igbo

Speak for yourself. Other tribes in Nigeria don't have souls, so lie is the least of their worries.

Well other tribes call theirs "swagger". Go figure. undecided

If you can't woo them the right way, please get off the road. Our babes are lionesses. They don't fall for anything with a third leg.

No, YOU ARE THE LEAST LIKELY TO TAKE PRIDE IN YOUR CULTURE. NOT OTHER IGBO. Take correction. cool

- we have huge heads

You are echoing other people's stereotypes about your people. That is the worst form of lack of self confidence. sad

Igbo man is the last to show off. He is busy making money. We don't throw owambe parties every weekend. undecided

- elitist

Some may call it finesse. That is why we don't attack foreigners in our land.

How would you know, when you were born and raised in Lagos. You probably don't even speak Igbo. undecided undecided

- lack of scruples. but this is true of all tribes in nigeria, we're all willing to do anything to get ahead regardless of the moral disposition of the act.

I wish we match other tribes in Nigeria on this point. We would be far ahead if we did. We are busy practicing "egbe bere, ugo bere" while folks frame us for things we never did, gang up against us, kill us by millions, seize our hard earned properties, and connive to make us second class citizens in Nigeria.
My friend, the least insult I would give you here is to instruct you to tell your parents that they have stayed too long in Yorubaland. They may not care, but their kids will always be looked upon as fools in Igboland and were Igbos are discussing. A good lesson for other parents.  cool cool cool
Re: What's Wrong With Your Tribe? by Nobody: 9:16am On Sep 28, 2010
Ikengawo:

im igbo
- we have huge heads
- elitist
Interesting theory !
Re: What's Wrong With Your Tribe? by Olaolufred(m): 9:19am On Sep 28, 2010
Ikengawo:

im igbo
- we have huge heads
- elitist

The bolded part showed up sometimes last week.

Somewhere in East Africa. Attend a church with HQ in Lagos.
An Ibo guy is a member. We aren't close but we do recognise each other through dresses.
Last week he met me in a Nigerian restaurant in town, asked if I was the one he do see in Church.
I answered in the affirmative. He did not say anything more than that.
In a minute later, another Ibo guy came with an envelope asking for my name.
I asked him why? He was angry as if it wasn't my right to know.
While he was bragging the other church member who earlier talked to me now began to say sorry for not telling me b4 then.
All is, he is going on introduction to the family of his wife, and he wants me to support him.
It was a good course, but see how people handle issues as if I had no right.

Pride is everywhere, and showing off is everywhere.
But with some of my Ibo brothers, we need to cut out excesses.
Re: What's Wrong With Your Tribe? by Olaolufred(m): 9:28am On Sep 28, 2010
October 1 2009,

We were at the embassy to celebrate Nigeria at 49.

See as people are showing off.

Not particular about Ibo pls. Affect all Nigerians.

But as Nigerians, some tribes are more subceptible to it than others.

See coup -de- tat on just to remove a man in order to install an Eze on Nigerian community.

It was successful. but the community now looks like Igbo community. No longer Nigerian Community.

But we still need to accomondate one another. At home or abroad.

In 4 days time, we will be marking our 50th aniversary.

Pray we all work together in the spirit of brotherliness.
Re: What's Wrong With Your Tribe? by UyiIredia(m): 12:31pm On Sep 28, 2010
Edo & jazz >>> those two are another thing entirely
Re: What's Wrong With Your Tribe? by Mortiple(m): 12:39pm On Sep 28, 2010
Ikengawo:

im igbo
- we have huge heads
- elitist

Who cares about what you think about Igbo people? Since you (or rather your parents are Igbo), you are actually telling NAIRALANDERS what to expect should they meet you in person.

I am even surprised that the self-acclaimed IKENGA OF AWO-OMAMMA could be agreeing to such stereotypes about his people.

@ONLYTRUTH (and other like minds). God will bless you!

1 Like

Re: What's Wrong With Your Tribe? by oludashmi(f): 12:48pm On Sep 28, 2010
Ileke-Idi, hw you dey?

Omo ale l'omokunrin to fi owo osi juwe ile baba re nibiyi oo. e ma daloun o. Oun ni nkan se ile baba tie, nkan o se awa.
Re: What's Wrong With Your Tribe? by oludashmi(f): 12:49pm On Sep 28, 2010
Ikengawo:

im igbo
- we have huge heads
- elitist
Nice thread, keep it up wink get more facts and share with us.
Re: What's Wrong With Your Tribe? by Nobody: 12:54pm On Sep 28, 2010
@Poster

If this is how you or your family members behave, don't try to generalise a whole tribe of people through you ignorant and myopic eyes
Re: What's Wrong With Your Tribe? by md4real(m): 12:55pm On Sep 28, 2010
Nupes synonymous with juju and very anti progressive
Re: What's Wrong With Your Tribe? by mrrock: 1:06pm On Sep 28, 2010
@Ikengawo

You are totally not an Igboman. Any Igboman who read your post would know.

1- You lie too much
2- You're extremely arrogant
3- You're more arrogant and rude than any Nigerian.
4- You're the least likely to take pride in our culture.
5- You have huge heads
6- You're obsessed with showing off.
7- You're elitist
8- You accuse others of hating you when you're probably the biggest tribalists in nigeria.

9- You hate Igbos

I HAVE SERIOUS DOUBTS YOU ARE NIGERIAN AT ALL
Re: What's Wrong With Your Tribe? by johnterry4: 1:10pm On Sep 28, 2010
[b]my tribe--yoruba.

our people are dirty esp d babes.the guys are better.
our girls open their legs easily no wonder why people say lagos girls(meaning yoruba girls) are cheap.i know ph girls are bad too but none can be compared to our girls.
our people are extravagant.imagine someone whose pay is less than 50k staging owambe party to block a whole street and spending borrowed money in d process
we often hate other tribes--that y we use d word omo ibo.every abt the other tribes esp ibo is bad.we think we are better but we are one and d same.
our boys no dey fine.na benue boys dey fine pass,followed by fulani boys,ibo(arrogant sha), and some other tribes b4 the yorubas.
our girls are not one of the finest either.fulani first,ibo second,middle belt,and then yorubas.
our girls age faster.a yoruba girl of 18 looks like she is 25 .such a girls will then look 36 when she is 25.
i dont know if we could trace stretch marks to our yoruba foods.most yoruba babes do have dangerous strtch marks.i dated an ibo girl and i felt like licking her laps--it was stretch mark free.damn.
our yoruba babes have punanies that smell dangerously.UnCloth a yoruba babe and u will loose ur appetite for sex.i will advice u keep ur air freshner close to u[/b]

1 Like

Re: What's Wrong With Your Tribe? by naso2(m): 1:14pm On Sep 28, 2010
johnterry4:

[b]my tribe--yoruba.

our people are dirty esp d babes.the guys are better.
our girls open their legs easily no wonder why people say lagos girls(meaning yoruba girls) are cheap.i know ph girls are bad too but none can be compared to our girls.
our people are extravagant.imagine someone whose pay is less than 50k staging owambe party to block a whole street and spending borrowed money in d process
we often hate other tribes--that y we use d word omo ibo.every abt the other tribes esp ibo is bad.we think we are better but we are one and d same.
our boys no dey fine.na benue boys dey fine pass,followed by fulani boys,ibo(arrogant sha), and some other tribes b4 the yorubas.
our girls are not one of the finest either.fulani first,ibo second,middle belt,and then yorubas.
our girls age faster.a yoruba girl of 18 looks like she is 25 .such a girls will then look 36 when she is 25.
i dont know if we could trace stretch marks to our yoruba foods.most yoruba babes do have dangerous strtch marks.i dated an ibo girl and i felt like licking her laps--it was stretch mark free.damn.
our yoruba babes have punanies that smell dangerously.UnCloth a yoruba babe and u will loose your appetite for sex.i will advice u keep your air freshner close to u[/b]

see below:

oludashmi:

Omo ale l'omokunrin to fi owo osi juwe ile baba re nibiyi oo. e ma daloun o. Oun ni nkan se ile baba tie, nkan o se awa.

kai I fear yoruba grin grin grin grin
Re: What's Wrong With Your Tribe? by oludashmi(f): 1:34pm On Sep 28, 2010
johnterry4:

my tribe--yoruba.

1. [b]our people are dirty esp d babes.the guys are better.

2. our girls open their legs easily no wonder why people say lagos girls(meaning yoruba girls) are cheap.i know ph girls are bad too but none can be compared to our girls.
3. our people are extravagant.imagine someone whose pay is less than 50k staging owambe party to block a whole street and spending borrowed money in d process
4. we often hate other tribes--that y we use d word omo ibo.[/b]every abt the other tribes esp ibo is bad.we think we are better but we are one and d same.
5. [b]our boys no dey fine.na benue boys dey fine pass,followed by fulani boys,ibo(arrogant sha), and some other tribes b4 the yorubas.

6. our girls are not one of the finest either.fulani first,ibo second,middle belt,and then yorubas.
7. i dont know if we could trace stretch marks to our yoruba foods.most yoruba babes do have dangerous strtch marks.i dated an ibo girl and i felt like licking her laps--it was stretch mark free.damn.
8. our yoruba babes have punanies that smell dangerously.UnCloth a yoruba babe and u will loose your appetite for sex.i will advice u keep your air freshner close to u[/b]

Omo ale, e soro damo.
Apoda, afofun gbemu, oku orun, akin dani dani, pada lo 'le kolo bere baba e lowo mama e, asigbe omo ward, won ti paaro e lowo mama e, oto lomo to bi, oto lo gbe wa 'le.

1. Just like your mother is but your father is better than her
2. You said this based on the research frm your sisters, aunties etc
3. I am too sure your father is still paying house rent cos he throws party everywhere and you should have advised him on this instead of exposing his anus to us.
4. Ask your exchanged mother when you get home for the history of hw that statement came to be
5. yes you are right having checked your great grandfathers, forefathers, grandfather, father, your uncles, male cousins and your pix.
6. your answer in no. 5 goes for this too
7. you came to a conclusion after seeing the bombom and b.o.obs of your exchanged mother's toto
8. I am too sure you got this advice from your *father* based on his life experience with your exchanged mother during se.x so keep to his advice and extend it to your in-laws to be so that they will know what awaits them about your family-generational and incurable odour.
Re: What's Wrong With Your Tribe? by YoungBrain: 1:45pm On Sep 28, 2010
Who go say him mama soup no sweet !!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Onitsha Belongs To Benin / Is Goodluck Jonathan Igbo, his name is Ebele? / Nigerian Marriages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.