Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,188 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:47 AM

REVEALED: What Orji Kalu Said After Meeting With Buhari In State House - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / REVEALED: What Orji Kalu Said After Meeting With Buhari In State House (566 Views)

Presidency: Kalu Said He Will Consider Contesting If APC Zones Ticket To SE / APC: Oshiomhole Names Governors Against Him After Meeting With Buhari / Godswill Akpabio Visits Bola Tinubu In Abuja After Meeting With Buhari In London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

REVEALED: What Orji Kalu Said After Meeting With Buhari In State House by IgbereBlog: 9:00pm On May 28, 2019
Former Governor of Abia and Senator (elect), Dr Orji Uzor Kalu on Monday said he would contest the Deputy Senate President position in the Ninth National Assembly.

Igbere TV reports that, Kalu, who defeated incumbent Mao Ohuabunwa of the opposition PDP to clinch on to the Abia North Senatorial seat, disclosed this while speaking with State House correspondents in Abuja.

Igbere TV had reported that the Forbes-rated billionaire was in the Presidential Villa to deliver a letter from President Nicolás Maduro of Venezuela to President Muhammadu Buhari.

Speaking on Monday in Abuja, the former governor said he was the 56th senator to endorse Ahmed Lawan for the Senate Presidency.

“Well, I am going to contest on the floor of the Senate. I am waiting for the party to zone (the offices) and if the party continues to hold it, and don’t zone it, I will contest on the floor of the House.

“I have already endorsed Ahmed Lawan as the Senate President. That is sacrosanct in my mind and I am appealing to the other parties, let us have only one candidate in the Senate instead of going to drag for it. So, we are on course.

“Yesterday (Sunday), when I returned from Venezuela, Ahmed Lawan was with me in the house and I became the 56th APC senator to endorse him. As I am talking to you now, we are having two more people who are in Mecca, one senator from Katsina and the other from Lagos. Fifty-eight senators are going to sign in and we have the majority to make him Senate President.”

He expressed optimism that the executive and the 9th National Assembly would work harmoniously unlike what obtained in the outgoing 8th Assembly.

“Well, we are going to expect a lot of cooperation between the legislature and the executive and I am sure as most of you know very well, we are going to do bi-partisan support – not a blind support in any way to the executive, but we are going to have a very good working relationship; we will follow the rules of the House and the rules of the executive,” he said.

Asked if he would be advising President Buhari on how to select his ministers from the South-East, Kalu said: “The President has been a president before – as a military man and now a civilian president. He is very experienced to choose his ministers and I am not going to be working with them unless there is any individual Mr. President wants me to advise on. If there is none, the president is very capable – with the help of our party – of knowing who to appoint as his minister. I am very confident he will choose capable people. My interest is to rebuild the economy because the economy is part of the reasons why we are having security challenges. So, I will focus on things that will put stimulus to the economy. We want to see the economy buoyant and people would see that the expansion of the economy is important to our society.”

On why he was in the Presidential Villa, the APC chieftain said: “I have come to see Mr. President; I acted like a special envoy. I delivered a letter from President Maduro of Venezuela to President Buhari. It was a very short one. I am sure since he became president, I have never been to his office; this is the first time; I have always seen him in private as a private citizen.”

http://igberetvnews.com/719944/revealed-what-orji-kalu-said-after-meeting-with-buhari-in-state-house/

Cc: Lalasticlala, Mynd44, OAM4J

Re: REVEALED: What Orji Kalu Said After Meeting With Buhari In State House by Nobody: 9:02pm On May 28, 2019
Not only as private citizen but as private greedizen.
Kalu: I even heard that you(Buhari/Jubrin) will make me(Kalu) the Senate President if I become your puppet.
I heard another name for Kalu(not Kanu) is "crook." Is that right?
Re: REVEALED: What Orji Kalu Said After Meeting With Buhari In State House by simonlee(m): 9:22pm On May 28, 2019
Drnice2:
Not only as private citizen but as private greedizen.
Kalu: I even heard that you(Buhari/Jubrin) will make me(Kalu) the Senate President if I become your puppet.
I heard another name for Kalu(not Kanu) is "crook." Is that right?
Chai... Your village people are wicked!
If you know you know

Re: REVEALED: What Orji Kalu Said After Meeting With Buhari In State House by Nobody: 7:05pm On Jun 03, 2019
simonlee:

Chai... Your village people are wicked!
If you know you know
Your own (village people) is not only wicked but horrible.

(1) (Reply)

Babajide Sanwo-olu Makes First Appointment, Names Ayinde Chief Of Staff / Kanu Should Redraw Biafra Map / "Baba Wave Your Hand"Buhari's ADC Reminded Him What To Do At His Inauguration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.