Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,459 members, 7,819,670 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:30 PM

Plastic Bottles, Cans In Exchange For School Fees In Nigeria - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Plastic Bottles, Cans In Exchange For School Fees In Nigeria (323 Views)

Children's International School Fees In Lagos That Got People Talking (picture) / BBC Features The Ajegunle School Where Fees Are Paid With Plastic Bottles / Charging Of Tuition Fees In Federal Universities Illegal - FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Plastic Bottles, Cans In Exchange For School Fees In Nigeria by durableking: 9:53pm On May 28, 2019
In Lagos, Nigeria, low-income earning parents have been given the opportunity to pay their wards’ school fees with waste; plastic bottles, pure water sachets and cans.

African Clean Up Initiative (ACI) a non-governmental organisation that aims to raise environmentally responsible citizens, launched a project in December 2018 called RecyclesPay Education Project.

Chief Executive Office, ACI, Alexander Akhigbe said the project was initiated due to the increment in the number of children dropping out of school because their parents are unable to pay the school fees.

Aside from making it easy for low-income earners to send their wards to school, the initiative aims to create awareness about the effect of plastic pollution on the environment.

"We also want to address the issue of plastic pollution from another dimension which will be beneficial to human lives, education and the environment at large," he added.

He said the project focuses on collecting plastic due to the damage plastic, pure water sachets and cans do to the environment, blocking drainages and causing flood.

"The recycling firm, Wecyclers buy off the PET bottles when parents bring it to school and the money is paid to the school through ACI," he added.

Recyclespay Education Project is contributing in the reduction of plastic pollution, alongside promoting education, good environmental practice of recycling and economic growth.

The "RecyclesPay Education Project" addresses nine goals out of the United Nations 17 sustainable development goals of transforming the world.

Re: Plastic Bottles, Cans In Exchange For School Fees In Nigeria by Teejay20: 8:58pm On Nov 29, 2020
Hello everyone. Please I have a large reserve of plastic cans, and I'm still collecting. Does anyone a company I can sell to. I'm located in Delta State
Please message me on whatsapp 09150377402. Or send a mail to tjagadia24@gmail.com

(1) (Reply)

JAMB Calls For Embargo On Creation Of New Varsities / Earn 100k+ As A Student Today - 100% Guaranteed / Officials Make Students Remove Hijab Before Entering Ibadan School (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.