Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,198 members, 7,957,461 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 01:02 PM

Goodluck Jonathan's Democracy Message To Nigerians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Goodluck Jonathan's Democracy Message To Nigerians (16254 Views)

This Is What Goodluck Jonathan Said Before The 2015 Election. / Man Who Criticised Goodluck Jonathan In 2015 Visits Him,begs Him For Forgiveness / Fayose names presidential lodge in Ekiti after Goodluck Jonathan, people reacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Goodluck Jonathan's Democracy Message To Nigerians by Mrcomedimatic: 9:18am On May 29, 2019
The Former President of Nigeria, Goodluck Ebele Jonathan took to his Twitter to celebrate with Nigerians on their democracy day.

See tweet below...
1. Exactly twenty years ago, our nation turned the corner with a general election that signalled the end of a long spell of military dictatorship. With that came promises of good governance, equity and justice under the ambience of leadership driven by the will of the people.

2. Our celebration of democracy is therefore, a mark of our commitment to the virtues of liberty, justice and the people’s freedom to daily engage government on how best to achieve our national goals.

3. We may not have realised these promises and all that are possible in the new dispensation but democracy to me remains an incubator for great ideas, visions, development and hope.

4. That is why I urge all citizens not to give in to pessimism and despair as our nation battles the challenges of insecurity, the scourge of unemployment and prevalent poverty, all of which threaten national peace and unity.

5. As a nation, it is imperative for us to continue to strive for improvements in our electoral processes. There is a need to deepen the gains so far attained by advancing the frontiers of credible electoral processes, fidelity to the rule of law & adherence to constitutionalism.

6. A credible electoral process is no doubt fundamental to making democracy work for us as a people, as it sufficiently empowers citizens to freely choose or reject their political leadership, thereby serving as an incentive for good governance.

7. Democracy has come to stay. So, let us stay in the creed and virtues of justice, equity, and love which makes democracy a solid ground of freedom, good governance, peace, and hope.
Happy Democracy Day Nigeria!
-GEJ

Source: https://ngg.ng/2019/05/29/goodluck-jonathan-democracy-message-to-nigerian/

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Democracy Message To Nigerians by RichBoy247: 9:19am On May 29, 2019
Okay, chief looter

16 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Democracy Message To Nigerians by Bitchiamjay(m): 11:38am On May 29, 2019
Goodluck ebele jonathan remains the man of the people, by the people and for the people.

A true democrat.

I wept for the day you handed over to these hypocrites. cry

74 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Democracy Message To Nigerians by ExpiredNigeria: 11:39am On May 29, 2019
W
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Democracy Message To Nigerians by trapQ: 11:39am On May 29, 2019
Lol
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Democracy Message To Nigerians by trapQ: 11:39am On May 29, 2019
Laughs in Tinubu's bullion vans.
RichBoy247:
Okay, chief looter

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Democracy Message To Nigerians by vanvicker(m): 11:39am On May 29, 2019
Issokay
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Democracy Message To Nigerians by Nobody: 11:40am On May 29, 2019
Best president ever

25 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Democracy Message To Nigerians by stephleena(f): 11:40am On May 29, 2019
RichBoy247:
Okay, chief looter
You mean Yusuf Buhari?
Babachir lawan the celebrity grass cutter?
Burutai with houses littered all over Dubai

Or even ur very own lifeless Buhari, who couldn't afford to buy nomination form but his wife's P.A carted away with billions of naira belonging to her.

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Democracy Message To Nigerians by TooMuchStuff: 11:40am On May 29, 2019
Cornerstone of Democracy in Africa...

The best president Nigeria has got since independence

My H E R O

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Democracy Message To Nigerians by yesloaded: 11:40am On May 29, 2019
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Democracy Message To Nigerians by TalkTalkTwins(m): 11:40am On May 29, 2019
I like PDP for one thing, they'll be choping their own and it will be reaching the masses small... sad

...but you see these corruption fighters, na only them dey chop.
If you say that I'm lying, all the money they recover from Yahoo boys where do they go?
Maybe EFCC themselves dey scam us self...SMH

May God epp this country...AMIN embarassed

14 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Democracy Message To Nigerians by israelmao(m): 11:41am On May 29, 2019
Buhari left without inaugural speech leaving everyone in suspense.

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Democracy Message To Nigerians by BubuZombi: 11:41am On May 29, 2019
Lol... The Ole thought he will be the one handing over to a new government today... But God Pass You.

Baba is on da next level

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Democracy Message To Nigerians by Olatunji1929: 11:42am On May 29, 2019
best president father of democracy

7 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Democracy Message To Nigerians by Olatunji1929: 11:43am On May 29, 2019
RichBoy247:
Okay, chief looter
international thief

6 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Democracy Message To Nigerians by tstx(m): 11:44am On May 29, 2019
Better President

I build websites and I am based in Abuja, see my signature

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Democracy Message To Nigerians by Nairalandmentor(m): 11:44am On May 29, 2019
cheesy
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Democracy Message To Nigerians by kenzysmith: 11:45am On May 29, 2019
Oga go siddon wan place jare, if only u sack jega take the same rùthless action wey buhari take things no go bad like this. U dey there they form peace maker and hero. I no go lie o pdp theif money buh the economy was stable money was flowing and éven the light was ok to an extent nigerians were making progress, Apc just carry nigerians go 10yrs backword things just cost, fulani herdsmen, bokoharam. Food price inflation i swear before buhari go finish his 4yr tenure them go they sell one bag of rice 80thousand,bread 1 thousand even ashawo go dey charge 10thousand for short time.

9 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Democracy Message To Nigerians by ClearFlair: 11:46am On May 29, 2019
Next Level!!!!
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Democracy Message To Nigerians by valentineuwakwe(m): 11:46am On May 29, 2019
He is sending Nigerians the democracy message as what? president or ex.....elder state man or southern leader

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Democracy Message To Nigerians by phkka1(m): 11:47am On May 29, 2019
The chief corner stone of democracy Nigeria rejected. The reasonable Nigerians appreciate you.

4 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Democracy Message To Nigerians by Pavarottii(m): 11:51am On May 29, 2019
Best President ever to rule Nigeria... If only they focused on where u were going and not on ur body language... By now fuel would av been 50naira per litre... To fly to Lagos would be below 15k... We won't av gone into recession... Dollar won't be more than 250... We would av had stable security... Food would still be affordable... 23million people won't av lost their jobs... We won't av such security problems like bandits,kidnapping, fulani herdsmen even No No Barak that u fought out before election... Elections won't av been this violent... All our roads, railwys, airports, power plants(this govt has not built one)... The benefits is just too much...

We love u sir... Our Democracy king...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Democracy Message To Nigerians by MrAJQ(m): 11:55am On May 29, 2019
Sir, today is not the Nigerian democracy day, today is inaugural day, our democracy day is on June 12 please take note sir.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Democracy Message To Nigerians by PussyKing(m): 11:56am On May 29, 2019
Most useless president dishing out message sad sad

After giving way for buhari the disaster to come in

You are weak mr GEJ

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Democracy Message To Nigerians by GodSaklek(m): 11:58am On May 29, 2019
This man is one of the useless soul on earth, he pretend to be a good man. He thinks he's the best, yet Nigeria still remains where it was when he rule.... Hypocrite

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Democracy Message To Nigerians by Twoclans(f): 12:01pm On May 29, 2019
Op today is not democracy day ohhhh.If I am correct today is inauguration day.Or is Ebeles message post dated?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ibrahim Gambari, Garba Shehu, Others Take COVID-19 Vaccination / How Dependent Are The Zones On Federal Allocation? - Statisense / 17 Governors Plot Oyegun’s Removal As APC Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.