Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,350 members, 7,822,655 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:33 PM

Shocking List of Jobs You Had No Idea Existed - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Shocking List of Jobs You Had No Idea Existed (2415 Views)

5 Great Work-from-home Jobs You Can Do While Job Hunting / Jobs You Can Do Before You Get Your Dream Job / 7 Great Jobs You Can Easily Do From Home And Get Paid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shocking List of Jobs You Had No Idea Existed by professorval1(m): 1:33pm On May 29, 2019
1. Professional sleeper

“I wish I could be paid for sleeping” is something most of us have thought at some point in our lives, mostly right after we have to wake up to go to work. What if we were to tell you that you could actually get paid to sleep? In some cases, you’ll earn a lot (depending on where you sleep).
A professional sleeper is a serious occupation and provides services that are required in many modern industries. From researchers (who regularly need sleep testers for various experiments) to mattress brands that need sleepers to test their products and artists who require sleeping subjects, professional sleeping could be a lucrative career if you advertise yourself well enough.

2. Mourners

Yes. You get paid to cry.
The job consists of showing up to the funeral and staging a believable session of mourning—complete with physically breaking down and wailing. And its normal in China.

3. Futurist

If it sounds like someone who sits around all day and makes predictions like a fortune-teller, it absolutely is—except that the predictions have to be backed by data.
It is one of the more accessible jobs on this list (though not for scientific fields). In fact, anyone can apply to be a futurist as many New Age firms are starting to see the importance of the position. [6]
A futurist’s role is to study current dataand make reasonable predictions about future trends based on that information. A government may employ a futurist to predict social changes in order to estimate taxes in the future. An advertising firm may try to find out what kind of messaging consumers are likely to respond to 20 years from now.

4. Odor Judge

You guessed it (presumably from the title of this entry). Odorjudges determine the best smell for a particular product. Obviously, they have to go through plenty of bad odors, like those from armpits, to come up with a deodorant to counter the smell.
It may sound like a horrible job, but it’s also a crucial one. They also deal with issues like whether a particular type of seafood is contaminated by a nearby oil spill. Of course, you must have a keen sense of smell to qualify for this job, and it may end up paying quite well if you work at a large organization.

Source: listverse.com/2019/05/28/10-weird-jobs-you-had-no-idea-existed/

3 Likes

Re: Shocking List of Jobs You Had No Idea Existed by ThePreachersSon: 3:53pm On May 29, 2019
All of them are boring, in Naija it won't pay well.

FTC
Re: Shocking List of Jobs You Had No Idea Existed by FlutterDollar99(m): 4:35pm On May 29, 2019
Being a professional mourner is still one heartless job.
Imagine deceiving the dead

2 Likes

Re: Shocking List of Jobs You Had No Idea Existed by thesicilian: 5:39pm On May 29, 2019
Professional mourners have been existing in Nigeria even before the colonial era.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Shocking List of Jobs You Had No Idea Existed by Lerio(m): 6:51pm On May 29, 2019
thesicilian:
Professional mourners have been existing in Nigeria even before the colonial era.
Yes oh just cook jollof rice with firewood

1 Like

Re: Shocking List of Jobs You Had No Idea Existed by clive2u(m): 12:08am On May 30, 2019
If only exxon mobil will employ me to be sleeping for them

2 Likes

Re: Shocking List of Jobs You Had No Idea Existed by dopestkidda(m): 12:32am On May 30, 2019
Are You Looking for a Professional Resume Design or CV Design Service?

You’re in the right place!

Did you know the average recruiter spends just 6 seconds looking at each resume?

By working with an expert you can make sure yours stands out - instead of ending up in the trash!

What the Packages Cover

I will Create unique, custom resume design or CV design . (I use modern, minimal styles to ensure the key facts ‘pop out’ to busy recruiters!)

*All resumes/cover letters will be delivered in editable Word and PDF file formats*

For a unique, custom resume design or CV design at affordable prices call or whatsapp me on +2348164287840

Order Today!

Getting your dream job is a big deal – so don’t leave this to chance... Order my professional resume design and writing service today!

Re: Shocking List of Jobs You Had No Idea Existed by jordyspices: 4:34am On May 30, 2019
Our president is a professional sleeper bubu i hail oh
Re: Shocking List of Jobs You Had No Idea Existed by Xavi2019: 6:35am On May 30, 2019
How about those fake pastors who collect money from members for him and his "prayer team" to fast on the member's behalf?? grin grin grin
Re: Shocking List of Jobs You Had No Idea Existed by lonelydora: 7:25am On May 30, 2019
clive2u:
If only exxon mobil will employ me to be sleeping for them

Weyrey grin

(1) (Reply)

CWAY Group Tellers & Supervisors Job Recruitment / Carlton Tower Hotel Letter Of Appointment / Nitda Aptitude Test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.