Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,142 members, 7,957,265 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 10:06 AM

Gaga's Grandfather Sadness. . . . . . - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Gaga's Grandfather Sadness. . . . . . (737 Views)

Photos Of The Day: When A Child Met His Grandfather's Twin For The First Time... / Photos:lady Gaga Turns Heads As She Walks Butt Naked / Shocking Pictures Of Lady Gaga Without Makeup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Gaga's Grandfather Sadness. . . . . . by Nobody: 11:43am On Sep 28, 2010
Lady Gaga's grandfather has died.

World War II veteran Joseph Germanotta died on Friday (24.09.10) at the age of 88, two days after she had visited him – in a black suit, diamond-studded choker and dominatrix heels – at a nursing home in Lincoln Park, New Jersey.

Lady Gaga – real name Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta - has previously spoken about her love for her grandfather, dedicating the song Speechless to him at a concert in Nottingham, England.

Speaking at the gig in May, she said: "I don't always talk about my personal life but my grandpa's sick.

"I'm really close with my grandpa and he's really sick and he's in the States and my dad's with him.

"So I was, like, crying all day, really sad. So I thought I would be honest and tell you that's what's going on.

"So it's been one of those tough things that my grandpa's too old to come to my show, but I suppose if we sing loud enough, he'll be able to hear us. So this one's for you grandpa."

Joseph is survived by his wife of 57-years Angelina, and son Joseph.
The family have asked for donations to be made to the Michael J Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research instead of sending flowers.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/entertainment/a/-/entertainment/8029592/gagas-grandfather-sadness/

(1) (Reply)

Get Paid Having Fun / Y! Magazine Presents The Freedom Issue Ft. Naija’s 50 Most Influential People / Dele Momodu For President - To Be Or Not To Be!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.