Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,272 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:10 AM

Is It Right For A Company To Make You Work On Federal Govt Declared Holidays - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Is It Right For A Company To Make You Work On Federal Govt Declared Holidays (2848 Views)

Fake Employment Federal Govt Job / It Right For A Company To Make You Work On Federal Govt Declared Holidays / Where Do You Work And What's Your Position? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Right For A Company To Make You Work On Federal Govt Declared Holidays by DaBogu: 8:48am On May 30, 2019
My company allows us work on every public holiday, please, is there an agency I can report them to
Re: Is It Right For A Company To Make You Work On Federal Govt Declared Holidays by KristaPretty(f): 8:59am On May 30, 2019
It's like you are tired of working When they sack you the Federal Government who gave the holiday will not be there to employ you!

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Right For A Company To Make You Work On Federal Govt Declared Holidays by dingbang(m): 9:00am On May 30, 2019
Let's say you are a subscriber to mtn and you dial 180 on a public holiday, a call centre agent picks and attends to your complaints, will you still report the company that hired the agent for not observing the public holiday?

You should understand that there are some jobs that require Manning all day round. When you applied for the job position and the interviewer asked you "do you have any questions?" Why didnt you put up such question to know their modus operandi?

undecided

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Right For A Company To Make You Work On Federal Govt Declared Holidays by tolugar: 9:09am On May 30, 2019
DaBogu:
My company allows us work on every public holiday, please, is there an agency I can report them to

By Labour law, they’re made to obey it.

Else there will be an extra allowance for that.

Most companies or institutions or organizations can’t afford to close activities cos of public holidays.

Just obey the rules of what guilds you

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Right For A Company To Make You Work On Federal Govt Declared Holidays by yesloaded: 9:28am On May 30, 2019
DaBogu:
Bro, although holiday is good but remember companies are set up to make profits and not charity organization. as long as they allow you celebrate Easter, new year, eid etc biko all other public holidays should be decided by the companies. country ain't smiling and private owned companies are struggling to pay their workers as and when due.
see it as you work in hospital, nothing like public holiday

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right For A Company To Make You Work On Federal Govt Declared Holidays by yanabasee(m): 9:32am On May 30, 2019
Even Civil servants go to offices on Holidays, if they have unfinished/pending reports to compile....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Right For A Company To Make You Work On Federal Govt Declared Holidays by Uzomajane: 9:50am On May 30, 2019
Emmnez Water Solution Ltd is now in Owerri main town, come and let us treat that your bad water that has bad taste, rust, odour or mud with our professional treatment systems, let us help you set up that your pure water and bottled water factories, maintain it, and sell the machines, spare parts and accessories to you at affordable rates.
Contact us: 07030209730, 09057899649, Emmnez@yahoo.com, No 8. Michaels street off iwofe road, Port Harcourt Rivers State.
We are here to serve you better
Re: Is It Right For A Company To Make You Work On Federal Govt Declared Holidays by DaBogu: 10:09am On May 30, 2019
yesloaded:

Bro, although holiday is good but remember companies are set up to make profits and not charity organization. as long as they allow you celebrate Easter, new year, eid etc biko all other public holidays should be decided by the companies. country ain't smiling and private owned companies are struggling to pay their workers as and when due.
see it as you work in hospital, nothing like public holiday
We work on the bolded embarassed
Re: Is It Right For A Company To Make You Work On Federal Govt Declared Holidays by DaBogu: 10:11am On May 30, 2019
dingbang:
Let's say you are a subscriber to mtn and you dial 180 on a public holiday, a call centre agent picks and attends to your complaints, will you still report the company that hired the agent for not observing the public holiday?

You should understand that there are some jobs that require Manning all day round. When you applied for the job position and the interviewer asked you "do you have any questions?" Why didnt you put up such question to know their modus operandi?

undecided
I understand the bolded but we are into Trade. I asked and they said they do not work on public Holidays only for me to find out that they do
Re: Is It Right For A Company To Make You Work On Federal Govt Declared Holidays by dingbang(m): 10:17am On May 30, 2019
DaBogu:
I understand the bolded but we are into Trade. I asked and they said they do not work on public Holidays only for me to find out that they do
then you have a case. But where is the proof?

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Company To Make You Work On Federal Govt Declared Holidays by yesloaded: 10:39am On May 30, 2019
DaBogu:
We work on the bolded embarassed
That's bad then

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Company To Make You Work On Federal Govt Declared Holidays by DaBogu: 10:57am On May 30, 2019
Proof of what?
dingbang:
then you have a case. But where is the proof?
Re: Is It Right For A Company To Make You Work On Federal Govt Declared Holidays by DaBogu: 10:57am On May 30, 2019
angry
KristaPretty:
It's like you are tired of working When they sack you the Federal Government who gave the holiday will not be there to employ you!
Re: Is It Right For A Company To Make You Work On Federal Govt Declared Holidays by mytime24(f): 12:00pm On May 30, 2019
Labour market loading embarassed
Re: Is It Right For A Company To Make You Work On Federal Govt Declared Holidays by funkyjms: 12:16pm On May 30, 2019
DaBogu:
Proof of what?

Proof of they telling you they don't work on public holidays

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Right For A Company To Make You Work On Federal Govt Declared Holidays by DaBogu: 12:25pm On May 30, 2019
Written or oral proof?! angry
funkyjms:

Proof of they telling you they don't work on public holidays
Re: Is It Right For A Company To Make You Work On Federal Govt Declared Holidays by funkyjms: 12:29pm On May 30, 2019
DaBogu:
Written or oral proof?! angry

Either grin
Re: Is It Right For A Company To Make You Work On Federal Govt Declared Holidays by DaBogu: 1:55pm On May 30, 2019
Ok
funkyjms:

Either grin
Re: Is It Right For A Company To Make You Work On Federal Govt Declared Holidays by budaatum: 4:52pm On May 30, 2019
DaBogu:
You can refuse to work now or did they put chain around your neck?

Just resign! Plenty people de out there who would work on public holiday!

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Company To Make You Work On Federal Govt Declared Holidays by ayusco85(m): 6:07pm On May 30, 2019
Those two idiots misleading the poor boy that he has a case should better have a job offer for him.

OP better abide by your work schedule or humbly resign, else you will be fired once u try to claim right.

Nigeria has no labour laws

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right For A Company To Make You Work On Federal Govt Declared Holidays by joyousever(f): 6:11pm On May 30, 2019
The working conditions should be stated in the appointment letter. Were u not given one? If the holiday work/duty isn't stated in your offer letter, then u could question it. Better still, if you lay your hands on a better job, simply quit. But if u comfortable with this one,just man up & endure its inconveniences.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right For A Company To Make You Work On Federal Govt Declared Holidays by hitchowoyemi(m): 6:17pm On May 30, 2019
DaBogu:
Hi, i stumbled on your post and felt the need to opine. Yes, there are agencies that can take up such matters headon but before you initiate such steps, you need ask to ask yourself whether you were informed of such possibilities during your interview and most importantly, you must have gotten a new job or have saved enough money to manage while you search for a new job. Goodluck.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right For A Company To Make You Work On Federal Govt Declared Holidays by yetundetanwa(f): 9:34pm On May 30, 2019
Please I’m in dare need of the KMPG past question. I’m having the test on the 8th of June, and I need to prepare.

Kindly help me forward it to my mail;
yetundetanwa0@gmail.com

Thank you as you do so.
Re: Is It Right For A Company To Make You Work On Federal Govt Declared Holidays by Gmajor(m): 10:07pm On May 30, 2019
dingbang:

undecided
wait oh, do you really think that MTN customer care agents work 24 hours 24/7??
nawa oh
Re: Is It Right For A Company To Make You Work On Federal Govt Declared Holidays by dingbang(m): 10:15pm On May 30, 2019
Gmajor:

wait oh, do you really think that MTN customer care agents work 24 hours 24/7??
nawa oh
shift bro
Re: Is It Right For A Company To Make You Work On Federal Govt Declared Holidays by DaBogu: 12:00pm On May 31, 2019
hitchowoyemi:
Hi, i stumbled on your post and felt the need to opine. Yes, there are agencies that can take up such matters head on but before you initiate such steps, you need ask to ask yourself whether you were informed of such possibilities during your interview and most importantly, you must have gotten a new job or have saved enough money to manage while you search for a new job. Goodluck.
Yes @ the bolded and the italics, no, but it a great way to start a revolution.
Re: Is It Right For A Company To Make You Work On Federal Govt Declared Holidays by DaBogu: 12:01pm On May 31, 2019
shocked shocked
budaatum:

You can refuse to work now or did they put chain around your neck?

Just resign! Plenty people de out there who would work on public holiday!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Right For A Company To Make You Work On Federal Govt Declared Holidays by DaBogu: 12:02pm On May 31, 2019
Thank you.
joyousever:
The working conditions should be stated in the appointment letter. Were u not given one? If the holiday work/duty isn't stated in your offer letter, then u could question it. Better still, if you lay your hands on a better job, simply quit. But if u comfortable with this one,just man up & endure its inconveniences.
Re: Is It Right For A Company To Make You Work On Federal Govt Declared Holidays by Bamss1: 6:48pm On Jun 01, 2019
DaBogu:
E be like you don get another job
Re: Is It Right For A Company To Make You Work On Federal Govt Declared Holidays by DaBogu: 8:44am On Jun 02, 2019
angry
Bamss1:
E be like you don get another job
Re: Is It Right For A Company To Make You Work On Federal Govt Declared Holidays by budaatum: 8:46am On Jun 02, 2019
DaBogu:
angry
Mr, it's Sunday. You no de work? Don't be late o!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pls I Need A Place To Stay (squat)in Lagos / How To Make Money Online / Halibon Petroleum Company, Bony-island

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.