Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,355 members, 7,812,010 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:10 AM

Inauguration: Ugwuanyi Most Popular Governor In Nigeria, Says Catholic Bishop - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Inauguration: Ugwuanyi Most Popular Governor In Nigeria, Says Catholic Bishop (7969 Views)

A Popular Governor, Should Not Go Against His People / Mbaka: Enugu Catholic Bishop, Calistus Onaga Responsible For My Disappearance / Is Abubakar Sani Bello The Richest Governor In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Inauguration: Ugwuanyi Most Popular Governor In Nigeria, Says Catholic Bishop by Tabithatim: 7:40pm On May 30, 2019
The Catholic Bishop of Nsukka Diocese, Most Rev. Prof. Godfrey Onah, has described Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi of Enugu State as the most popular governor in Nigeria who is being loved by everybody including “those who claim to hate him”.

Bishop Onah who spoke during the Thanksgiving Mass for Gov. Ugwuanyi and his deputy, Hon. Mrs. Cecilia Ezeilo, following their successful inauguration for a second term on Wednesday, said the people attest to the fact that the governor did well in his first term, adding that what was required was for him to consolidate on his achievements.

The bishop commended Gov. Ugwuanyi for the peace and security in Enugu State, saying that one of his greatest achievements is peace. He added that the feat has made Enugu “one of the most conducive states to do business in Nigeria”.

The cleric also applauded the governor for his administration’s landmark achievements in infrastructural development, pointing out that Enugu State under Gov. Ugwuanyi is also one of the viable states that follow their budget religiously and can survive without federal allocations.

Bishop Onah, who noted that the end of the governor’s first term marks the beginning of another phase of peace and good governance in Enugu State, advised him to consolidate on his achievements, remain focused and firm and create new areas of development for the people to enjoy more democracy dividends.

Other dignitaries at the Mass include the Chief Judge of the State, Hon. Justice Priscilla Ngozi Emehelu; the President, State Customary Court of Appeal, Hon. Justice George Nnamani; State Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Hon. Augustine Nnamani; Senator-elect, Anambra Central Senatorial District, Senator Uche Ekwunife; heads of security agencies; Chairman, Enugu State Council of Traditional Rulers, HRH, Igwe Lawrence Agubuzu; Catholic Bishops of Enugu and Awgu Dioceses, Most Rev. Callistus Onaga and Most Rev. John Okoye; the Auxiliary Bishop of Enugu Diocese, Most Rev. Ernest Obodo and Bishop Emeritus of Enugu Diocese, Most Rev. Dr. Anthony Gbuji, among others.

Enugu State is truly in the hands of God. #amokelouis

https://thepunditng.com/post-inauguratio…-catholic-bishop/

Re: Inauguration: Ugwuanyi Most Popular Governor In Nigeria, Says Catholic Bishop by Chikpat(m): 8:32pm On May 30, 2019
What will make a supposed man of God talk like this?
Even in South East, Ugwanyi is not the most popular Gov

16 Likes

Re: Inauguration: Ugwuanyi Most Popular Governor In Nigeria, Says Catholic Bishop by peacettw: 5:22am On May 31, 2019
I detest the unholy marriage between the politicians and the Church

10 Likes

Re: Inauguration: Ugwuanyi Most Popular Governor In Nigeria, Says Catholic Bishop by driand(m): 5:22am On May 31, 2019
undecided

I can't believe this is coming from a catholic bishop,

Sounds more like "praise singing"

I'm a catholic but I'm so not proud of the comments and praise singing...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Inauguration: Ugwuanyi Most Popular Governor In Nigeria, Says Catholic Bishop by help9: 5:23am On May 31, 2019
Mumu talk

1 Like

Re: Inauguration: Ugwuanyi Most Popular Governor In Nigeria, Says Catholic Bishop by prigoz(m): 5:26am On May 31, 2019
In life, one needs to write his name in gold, good name is better than money. What will you be remembered for. For thought. Keep it it up Governor Ugwuayi. Kudos

2 Likes

Re: Inauguration: Ugwuanyi Most Popular Governor In Nigeria, Says Catholic Bishop by cdqyehyeh(m): 5:30am On May 31, 2019
Sure, boasting comes from the chest beaters region. Nt surprise

2 Likes

Re: Inauguration: Ugwuanyi Most Popular Governor In Nigeria, Says Catholic Bishop by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:31am On May 31, 2019
This is one of the best governors in Nigeria.

At the same time, it is not by being popular,
It is by continuing to do the good job you are doing.

God bless Enugu State.
God bless Nigeria.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Inauguration: Ugwuanyi Most Popular Governor In Nigeria, Says Catholic Bishop by Front0lane: 5:44am On May 31, 2019
Igbo comedians called bishop won’t kill me with laugh, this failure called Ugwauyi is the most popular governor in Aba only. If this clown can meet up with 1/10th of the accomplishment of kickback taking Ganduje Enugu won’t be on the path of retrogression.

1 Like

Re: Inauguration: Ugwuanyi Most Popular Governor In Nigeria, Says Catholic Bishop by Front0lane: 5:56am On May 31, 2019
Enugu never had it this bad but you reelected the failure based on bigoted sentiments. Anyway as you lay your bed na so you Igbo go lie on am, your wail of marginalization no concern anybody. As una say u stubborn 9ja must show you say e stubborn pass u.

Dottore:
oh gawd. Amidst infrastructural decay, teaming deplorable roads in and outside the eople should know that Enugu State has never had it this bad.

God is watching

PaChukwudi44 you read the story about this failure over an hour ago without comment if to say Na apc governor now you’d have been wailing sorrowfully like the shameless thing you are.

1 Like

Re: Inauguration: Ugwuanyi Most Popular Governor In Nigeria, Says Catholic Bishop by suremanpatriot: 5:57am On May 31, 2019
AMBODE THEMOST POPULAR GOVERNOR IN NIGERIA ,NO ONE ELSE smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Inauguration: Ugwuanyi Most Popular Governor In Nigeria, Says Catholic Bishop by uthlaw: 5:59am On May 31, 2019
most northerners don't know who this one is,but my people must mention gandollar or tinubu especially their nightmare!
Re: Inauguration: Ugwuanyi Most Popular Governor In Nigeria, Says Catholic Bishop by wolesmile(m): 6:10am On May 31, 2019
By what parameter was this measured?
Re: Inauguration: Ugwuanyi Most Popular Governor In Nigeria, Says Catholic Bishop by Ifesinachi22(m): 6:25am On May 31, 2019
driand:
undecided

I can't believe this is coming from a catholic bishop,

Sounds more like "praise singing"

I'm a catholic but I'm so not proud of the comments and praise singing...
They're are catholics. Although from different towns but The house of the Bishop Prof Onah and the house of the Governor are not more than 1Km apart.
They know themselves very well.
If he doesn't praise him, who will?
I don't see Clergies praising Politicians as unethical.
They sponsor church projects, so it's a right thing to do
Re: Inauguration: Ugwuanyi Most Popular Governor In Nigeria, Says Catholic Bishop by Enugupikin: 6:36am On May 31, 2019
ugwuanyi is a failure,truth be told..his predecessors did far better...no sentiment here

1 Like

Re: Inauguration: Ugwuanyi Most Popular Governor In Nigeria, Says Catholic Bishop by Enugupikin: 6:38am On May 31, 2019
Ifesinachi22:

Your father.
That I have Coaltar in my village today is this man. What the hell are you talking about.

Sit down a beg.
Enugu is developed already. Extending development to rural areas is not a bad thing.

U

3 Likes

Re: Inauguration: Ugwuanyi Most Popular Governor In Nigeria, Says Catholic Bishop by Bitchiamjay(m): 7:06am On May 31, 2019
Gotta carter for mama, kiddo, daughter, niece.
Cause my sis dead'
We got no money for her hospitality, the clergy never gave us little from his stipends.
Look! one thing with these clergymen is when you give em milk eggs'
You meant well
But when your broke ass needs help
They spray you oil and tell you Is well ]
undecided
Re: Inauguration: Ugwuanyi Most Popular Governor In Nigeria, Says Catholic Bishop by miketayo(m): 7:11am On May 31, 2019
Didn't know the name of Enugu's governor till now, I might forget tomorrow too

1 Like

Re: Inauguration: Ugwuanyi Most Popular Governor In Nigeria, Says Catholic Bishop by ClearFlair: 7:15am On May 31, 2019
Who is Ugwuanyi? undecided
Re: Inauguration: Ugwuanyi Most Popular Governor In Nigeria, Says Catholic Bishop by Dottore: 7:25am On May 31, 2019
Daddywonder:
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
You dey vex o.
See as you reposted it several times so that they will see. Even the blind can't deny seeing this one.
Re: Inauguration: Ugwuanyi Most Popular Governor In Nigeria, Says Catholic Bishop by skukimania(f): 7:31am On May 31, 2019
It used to be Fayose and Wike. I think that credit should be given to Wike at the moment.
Re: Inauguration: Ugwuanyi Most Popular Governor In Nigeria, Says Catholic Bishop by mrNEMZY(m): 8:04am On May 31, 2019
The media is trying to sell us this man as a saint, but we refuse.

Ugwuanyi is the worst governor Enugu state has ever had.

Even if he can't build new things to create his own legacy, he should have atleast maintained what Sullivan did.

God bless Sullivan, thunder fire ugwuanyi

Nonsense
Re: Inauguration: Ugwuanyi Most Popular Governor In Nigeria, Says Catholic Bishop by VillagePipu: 8:11am On May 31, 2019
Campaign after election. This is what this clown would be busy pursuing when his mates in other states have already started work.
Re: Inauguration: Ugwuanyi Most Popular Governor In Nigeria, Says Catholic Bishop by Kokoebapluse(m): 9:28am On May 31, 2019
tongue big fat lie.

The most popular governor are

1. ambode

2. Fayose.

3. El rufai

4 rochas

5. Yahyah Bello.

(1) (2) (Reply)

CRS 2023: The Dangers Of Trusting Ben Ayade - Ikuh Akpanke / Tinubu In French Airport Admiring His $38 Million Falcon VP-CBT Private Jet / Nigeria’s Economy Gradually Reviving, Says Information Minister, Mohammed Idris

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.