Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,078 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:09 AM

South-East Leaders, PSC Support Nwajiuba For Speaker - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South-East Leaders, PSC Support Nwajiuba For Speaker (11313 Views)

South East Leaders Converge On Enugu Airport To Witness Its Reopening / Declare Herdsmen Terrorists - South-East Leaders To FG / Goodluck Jonathan To South-east Leaders: Accept Obi As Atiku’s Running Mate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South-East Leaders, PSC Support Nwajiuba For Speaker by Masterrhymes: 12:50pm On May 31, 2019
Check this out

Re: South-East Leaders, PSC Support Nwajiuba For Speaker by abbeyquadrich: 12:54pm On May 31, 2019
But I think this Biafra people called APC a doom party, I wonder why they claiming what does not belong to them. U hated buhari for unknown reason and I wanted a leadership position in his administration. Bunch of fools.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-East Leaders, PSC Support Nwajiuba For Speaker by PHIPEX(m): 12:58pm On May 31, 2019
OkpaNsukkaisBae:
Power is not given,, go out there take it. That's why you're a politician.
Go out there and slog it out with other contestants.. Stop playing the victim/tribal card.
Yes but fair competition is the key word, you don't mention competition and still insist on party supremacy. How will your son compete in a class where the principal insists his own son must win?
Re: South-East Leaders, PSC Support Nwajiuba For Speaker by Henri8: 1:11pm On May 31, 2019
KingOfAllIgbos:
grin

To whom a brain is given, sense is expected.

I can bet even South East lawmakers wouldn't vote this clown no to talk of Abokis who hate them like shiit
Till then
Re: South-East Leaders, PSC Support Nwajiuba For Speaker by Casptainspecial: 1:15pm On May 31, 2019
Let's wait and see
Re: South-East Leaders, PSC Support Nwajiuba For Speaker by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 1:19pm On May 31, 2019
PHIPEX:
Yes but fair competition is the key word, you don't mention competition and still insist on party supremacy. How will your son compete in a class where the principal insists his own son must win?

There's nothing like fairness in politics. So far you're being guided by the law. Nobody should disenfranchise you just because they want to be **Fair**.

No be Osho,, Tinubu or Buhari go vote!
Na members of d Green Chamber.
Last time d other contestant was in Anambra to campaign. After Imo State, Anambra has the highest number of local government in South East. He's targeting Anambra federal legislators (Lower House)

The Nwajiuba of a guy can also take his campaign train to Kano or Sokoto.
Daz how to play politics,, not seating on your balcony dishing out quality cheque book to pressure groups to present your manifesto on your behalf.

Who does that?

3 Likes

Re: South-East Leaders, PSC Support Nwajiuba For Speaker by fx45(m): 1:19pm On May 31, 2019
Mraphel:

Truth is South East doesnt deserve the senate sit. We always watch the South West to run our race.

Why is my people too ignorant, annoying and arrogant?

We want the country to divide

We want to divide the south

We hate ourselves even in Igbo land

We hate APC

We're loosers indeed. You know we cannot WIN but want to scatter to prevent South West of the South from clinching the coveted position?

What is our problem in Igbo land?

When Gbajabiamila emerges hope it won't make you sad? I don't see an Igbo candidate winning... I'm Igbo by the way.
Who asked you whether you're Igbo or Yellowbar? Why the unnecessary compulsion to explain your identity? Who asked you?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-East Leaders, PSC Support Nwajiuba For Speaker by Kennydoc(m): 1:24pm On May 31, 2019
OkpaNsukkaisBae:
Power is not given,, go out there take it. That's why you're a politician.
Go out there and slog it out with other contestants.. Stop playing the victim/tribal card.

Yet Lawan and Gbajabiamila are candidates of APC leaders. Why were people being asked to step down and some others endorsed by the leadership? Why can't all interested people be allowed to slug it out?
Even Sanwo-Olu who is the governor of Lagos today had power given to him on a platter.
Re: South-East Leaders, PSC Support Nwajiuba For Speaker by YungMillionaire: 1:27pm On May 31, 2019
Yeeboos ALWAYS trying to reap where they did not sow. Didn't you guys say Atiku/PDP or death?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South-East Leaders, PSC Support Nwajiuba For Speaker by Amumaigwe: 1:27pm On May 31, 2019
Destroyerofyeeb:
These 5% people always giving themselves false hope. What gives them the impression that yeebows who make it clear they are not Nigerians would be allowed to attain such a powerful position so as to sabotage the federal government cos they are not to be trusted with power even in the military you hardly find them in top positions because of their greed.

Can you be Igbo? Jealousy kee you there.
Re: South-East Leaders, PSC Support Nwajiuba For Speaker by Jaideyone(m): 1:27pm On May 31, 2019
lol clowns
Re: South-East Leaders, PSC Support Nwajiuba For Speaker by victor8269: 1:27pm On May 31, 2019
VISTIN:
The politics is supposed to be between the South and The North, but some people want it to be between the North and the South West.

In the North, it's about sharing things among North West, North East and North Central.

In the South, it has to be only the South West. So, let's see how it goes.

If the South cannot come together, with the South West ready to make sacrifices, everything will eventually go to the North.

The language will now be, "if you no eat, scatter it"
Is it not better?
Re: South-East Leaders, PSC Support Nwajiuba For Speaker by Born2Breed(f): 1:30pm On May 31, 2019
kingi777:
S/East leaders, PSC support Nwajiuba for speaker
May 31, 2019 Sam Obinna Ibe

“It is an injustice for the South-west to produce the vice president of the country, and the national chairman of the party and still wants to lay claim to the speakership position.

https://www.blueprint.ng/s-east-leaders-psc-support-nwajiuba-for-speaker/

I thought it's only Yoruba people that have selective amnesia when it come to geo-political zone. @the bolded shows the Igbos are even worst.

Oshiomole is not South West but South South, he is not from Western Region but Mid Western region incase una brain dey skip to 60's.

3 Likes

Re: South-East Leaders, PSC Support Nwajiuba For Speaker by OGHENAOGIE(m): 1:31pm On May 31, 2019
he should contest and if he can get d support of his colleagues for elections on inauguration day no wahala....
Re: South-East Leaders, PSC Support Nwajiuba For Speaker by victor8269: 1:32pm On May 31, 2019
abbeyquadrich:
But I think this Biafra people called APC a doom party, I wonder why they claiming what does not belong to them. U hated buhari for unknown reason and I wanted a leadership position in his administration. Bunch of fools.
An idiot doesn't know that the HOR isn't a tier of Buhari's govt. It's an arm of govt just like the executive!
Re: South-East Leaders, PSC Support Nwajiuba For Speaker by Destroyerofyeeb: 1:32pm On May 31, 2019
Jealousy?? Lol,you sef know I'm right. Give a yamreee small power watch him turn the place to his personal property.
Amumaigwe:

Can you be Igbo? Jealousy kee you there.

3 Likes

Re: South-East Leaders, PSC Support Nwajiuba For Speaker by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 1:33pm On May 31, 2019
Kennydoc:

Yet Lawan and Gbajabiamila are candidates of APC leaders. Why were people being asked to step down and some others endorsed by the leadership? Why can't all interested people be allowed to slug it out?
Even Sanwo-Olu who is the governor of Lagos today had power given to him on a platter.

Who asked who to step down?
Can you provide the news link/source?

Sanwo-Olu conquered Ambode in the primary election, went on to destroy PDP at the gubernatorial election.

Hu cum dash him power?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-East Leaders, PSC Support Nwajiuba For Speaker by Kennydoc(m): 1:45pm On May 31, 2019
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

Who asked who to step down?
Can you provide the news link/source?

Sanwo-Olu conquered Ambode in the primary election, went on to destroy PDP at the gubernatorial election.

Hu cum dash him power?

https://dailypost.ng/2019/04/27/senate-president-ndume-goje-asked-step-lawan/

https://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2019/04/11/9th-nass-step-down-for-lawan-gbajabiamila-southwest-youths-urge-ndume-others/

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://tribuneonlineng.com/202122/&ved=2ahUKEwjQx8z-5MXiAhVOrxoKHb_lBmUQFjAPegQICBAB&usg=AOvVaw09vp01JbSDx07H4cEbuM96

Sanwo-Olu was chosen and anointed by the party even before primaries, so Ambode contesting against him was like contesting against the whole party. The primaries was just to fulfil all righteousness. There was no contest there. Ambode didn't perform so poorly that an MD of an agency under his government will beat him that mercilessly in their party primaries.
Let me ask you, how did Sanwo-Olu merit the overwhelming support he had prior to the primaries?
Re: South-East Leaders, PSC Support Nwajiuba For Speaker by PHIPEX(m): 1:48pm On May 31, 2019
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

There's nothing like fairness in politics. So far you're being guided by the law. Nobody should disenfranchise you just because they want to be **Fair**.

No be Osho,, Tinubu or Buhari go vote!
Na members of d Green Chamber.
Last time d other contestant was in Anambra to campaign. After Imo State, Anambra has the highest number of local government in South East. He's targeting Anambra federal legislators (Lower House)

The Nwajiuba of a guy can also take his campaign train to Kano or Sokoto.
Daz how to play politics,, not seating on your balcony dishing out quality cheque book to pressure groups to present your manifesto on your behalf.

Who does that?
The time has gone when political leaders are permitted to speak with both sides of their mouth and expect to be unchallenged.

You either altogether remove fairness and equity from the national political lexicon or stop pretending it exist when it favours a section of the country.

While at it remember to remove federal character and every other hypocritical policies that affect admission tailored to carry the weak North along, after all, there is no fairness in politics.
Re: South-East Leaders, PSC Support Nwajiuba For Speaker by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 2:11pm On May 31, 2019
PHIPEX:
The time has gone when political leaders are permitted to speak with both sides of their mouth and expect to be unchallenged.

You either altogether remove fairness and equity from the national political lexicon or stop pretending it exist when it favours a section of the country.

While at it remember to remove federal character and every other hypocritical policies that affect admission tailored to carry the weak North along, after all, there is no fairness in politics.

You're wrong!

Federal character has to do with **Appointments** not an elective position.
If you're talking about Federal Commissioners and other government parastatals then you're on the right track.

But trying to use the principle of equity, federal character and fairness in an elective post is pure disenfranchisement.

Personally for me, I dislike federal character principle. I did rather go with qualified hands, people who will do the job, Meritocracy should be considered before any other thing.

2 Likes

Re: South-East Leaders, PSC Support Nwajiuba For Speaker by sogodihno: 2:22pm On May 31, 2019
Teewhy2:
The south east should be encouraged in this administration by giving them a good position. All major zones should be represented.

to hell with south east, who their encouragement help, APC has prove again and again that they are useless in the scheme of things.

4 Likes

Re: South-East Leaders, PSC Support Nwajiuba For Speaker by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 2:22pm On May 31, 2019
Kennydoc:

https://dailypost.ng/2019/04/27/senate-president-ndume-goje-asked-step-lawan/

https://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2019/04/11/9th-nass-step-down-for-lawan-gbajabiamila-southwest-youths-urge-ndume-others/

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://tribuneonlineng.com/202122/&ved=2ahUKEwjQx8z-5MXiAhVOrxoKHb_lBmUQFjAPegQICBAB&usg=AOvVaw09vp01JbSDx07H4cEbuM96

Sanwo-Olu was chosen and anointed by the party even before primaries, so Ambode contesting against him was like contesting against the whole party. The primaries was just to fulfil all righteousness. There was no contest there. Ambode didn't perform so poorly that an MD of an agency under his government will beat him that mercilessly in their party primaries.
Let me ask you, how did Sanwo-Olu merit the overwhelming support he had prior to the primaries?

The first one was talking about traditional rulers from Yobe state.. Probably endorsing a son of the soil to head the lower chamber.

Second one,, I saw another pressure group with a different nomenclature rallying support for a compatriot. (the same thing they're doing for Nwajiuba in the East)

Third one,, Ndume had a private(they didn't release the contents of the chat to the public) talk with VP.

Nothing concrete on your news source/link.
I expected a direct quote from Buhari ,, Oshomole or Tinubu telling one of the contestants to step down.

3 Likes

Re: South-East Leaders, PSC Support Nwajiuba For Speaker by ideynl1: 2:29pm On May 31, 2019
fx45:
Who asked you whether you're Igbo or Yellowbar? Why the unnecessary compulsion to explain your identity? Who asked you?

That is how to know an Afonja

Re: South-East Leaders, PSC Support Nwajiuba For Speaker by PHIPEX(m): 2:36pm On May 31, 2019
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

You're wrong!

Federal character has to do with **Appointments** not an elective position.
If you're talking about Federal Commissioners and other government parastatals then you're on the right track.

But trying to use the principle of equity, federal and fairness in an elective post is pure disenfranchisement.

Personally for me, I dislike federal character principle. I did rather go qualified hands, people who will do the job, Meritocracy should be considered before any other thing.
Whether appointed or elected it's all about politics and you said there is no fairness in politics. Why do we insist on rotation of presidency between North and south and between the major religions, isn't it for fairness in politics?
Re: South-East Leaders, PSC Support Nwajiuba For Speaker by tuniski: 2:41pm On May 31, 2019
hisexcellency34:
Pls don't give Asiwaju Bola Tinubu heart attack. Let Gbajabiamila win for now. We can impeach him later
Gbaja and lawan must be defeated.
Re: South-East Leaders, PSC Support Nwajiuba For Speaker by Goke7: 2:48pm On May 31, 2019
Kennydoc:

Is anyone saying no one should contest? the fear of loosing is always the reason you guys cry foul
You see where you guys missed it? will you also say all the SE Governors were given power on a platter too?

1 Like

Re: South-East Leaders, PSC Support Nwajiuba For Speaker by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 2:55pm On May 31, 2019
PHIPEX:
Whether appointed or elected it's all about politics and you said there is no fairness in politics. Why do we insist on rotation of presidency between North and south and between the major religions, isn't it for fairness in politics?

In other words,, an elective position and political appointment is the same for you? Huh?

At this juncture,, I'm done with you.
Good day!!

2 Likes

Re: South-East Leaders, PSC Support Nwajiuba For Speaker by Kennydoc(m): 3:00pm On May 31, 2019
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

The first one was talking about traditional rulers from Yobe state.. Probably endorsing a son of the soil to head the lower chamber.

Second one,, I saw another pressure group with a different nomenclature rallying support for a compatriot. (the same thing they're doing for Nwajiuba in the East)

Third one,, Ndume had a private(they didn't release the contents of the chat to the public) talk with VP.

Nothing concrete to on your news source.
I expected a direct quote from Buhari ,, Oshomole or Tinubu telling one of the contestants to step down.

Well, let's not pretend as if we don't know APC leaders have been mounting pressure of the other people to step down. They swore they'd never allow what happened in 2015 repeat itself this year.

If the party has adopted Lawan and Gbaja, then it isn't a fair contest anymore, cos the adopted people have been given undue advantage. That's where I am driving at.
Re: South-East Leaders, PSC Support Nwajiuba For Speaker by kingi777: 3:03pm On May 31, 2019
Ninth Reps Speakership: Yoruba group endorses Nwajiuba ahead of Gbajabiamila
ON MAY 30, 20197:41 PM IN NEWS BY NWAFOR
By Monsuru Olowoopejo
As the race towards the next Speaker of the House of Representatives intensified, A Pan-yoruba political group, the Yoruba Youth Movement, YYM on Thursday endorsed Emeka Nwajiuba for the seat.
The group also said its decision was in consideration of loyalty and experience in which it rated Nwajiuba as first among equals.
In a statement signed by its Chairman, Kola Kayode, in Ibadan, Oyo State, YYM argued that its decision on Nwajiuba was basically to balance the equation among the six geo-political zones of the country.
While many had expected that the group endorsed Femi Gbajabiamila or other candidates, YYM stressed that it choice candidate was also not selected based on religion rather on competence.
“If we look at it religiously, you will see that a southern Christian is what is needed to balance the scales in the ninth House of Representatives,” the group argued.
According to the YYM, between 2015 and now, the Southeast had doubled its votes in national elections” and so the distribution of the positions of principal officers of the House of Representatives should reflect national unity, balance and cohesion, with the Southeast having the speakership slot.
“Since the presidency is in the North-West, VP in the Southwest; Northeast angling for Senate presidency, South-South gunning for Deputy Senate presidency; North Central, deputy Speaker, the speakership should simply go to the Southeast.
“And talking about the Southeast, Nwajiuba’s loyalty to President Buhari since 2003 is a clear demonstration of the needed qualities,” it added.
The group noted that Nwajiuba, who was House Committee Chairman on Land, Works and Housing, was initially a senior adviser to one-time Speaker, Aminu Bello Masari.
“This experience, when combined with his three law degrees, makes him eminently qualified for the role of Speakership,” the group argued.
It added: “Beyond his consistent loyalty to the president, he was a key actor in the APC constitution drafting committee and much later ranking member of the House of Rep between 1999 and 2003”, the OYM emphasized.
[Ninth Reps Speakership: Yoruba group endorses Nwajiuba ahead of Gbajabiamila - Vanguard News] is good,have a look at it! https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/05/ninth-rep-speakership-yoruba-group-endorses-nwajiuba-ahead-of-gbajabiamila/
Re: South-East Leaders, PSC Support Nwajiuba For Speaker by chibaby1985(f): 4:11pm On May 31, 2019
Re: South-East Leaders, PSC Support Nwajiuba For Speaker by mysticwarrior(m): 5:22pm On May 31, 2019
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

In other words,, an elective position and political appointment is the same for you? Huh?

At this juncture,, I'm done with you.
Good day!!
you always used your last sentence when you are tired and about to run away from arguments, am watching you.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ramadan: Abstain From Worldly Things, Tinubu Tells Muslims / Why Do People In Power Change Radically? By Pat Utomi / 60 Civil Society Organisations To Walk With Sanwo-Olu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.