Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,070 members, 7,953,268 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:17 PM

Akachi Towers Demolition: Land Owners State Their Side Of The Story - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akachi Towers Demolition: Land Owners State Their Side Of The Story (6896 Views)

Enugu Land Owners React To Victor Nnam's Resignation / Land Owners To Eject Rochas Okorocha - Independent / Land Owners Block Main Entrance Of Bayelsa Airport. See What They Did. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akachi Towers Demolition: Land Owners State Their Side Of The Story by farem: 3:27pm On May 31, 2019
Breaking......
Akachi Towers Demolition...

Owners of the Land say as follows:

This is to inform the general public that Umuoyima community is not in any way connected with the devilish destruction of the Akachi tower or any other Government project in our community.

Before now, where Akachi is situated was where we have the Otamiri River (still there) surrounded and contaminated by all Owerri domestic waste(refuse and sewages). At night, we hardly breathe fresh air due to the constant burning of refuse which releases dangerous gasses that almost gave us incurable respiratory diseases. The area also served as a hide out for criminals and bandits before 2011.

The Rescue Mission government transformed the place, made the impossible, possible. The Rescue Mission government erected the Akachi tower that has further pronounced the silent name of Umuoyima autonomous community which we believe in no distant time would tick our name in the world encyclopedia as the host community of the Adoration, religious cum tourist centre

For such a demolition to have taken place on a broad day light, the incumbent government Must be aware in one way or the other.

Umuoyima community demands clarification and explanation from the incumbent government.
Re: Akachi Towers Demolition: Land Owners State Their Side Of The Story by Onyenna(m): 5:20pm On May 31, 2019
Source please....
Re: Akachi Towers Demolition: Land Owners State Their Side Of The Story by Mutemenot(m): 6:43pm On May 31, 2019
Onyenna:
Source please....

Tomato source or which one do you want?
Re: Akachi Towers Demolition: Land Owners State Their Side Of The Story by Ikwuobe: 8:41pm On May 31, 2019
How can a governor demolish such a gigantic structure built with taxpayers money all in the name of ridiculing his predecessor. Madness at work in Imo state. Okorocha is better and would never have done likewise. Dark politics at play here. God forbid.
Re: Akachi Towers Demolition: Land Owners State Their Side Of The Story by simonlee(m): 9:15pm On May 31, 2019
Mutemenot:

Tomato source or which one do you want?
No... Pepper ''source'' ni...oloshi

Re: Akachi Towers Demolition: Land Owners State Their Side Of The Story by Barryseal: 9:25pm On May 31, 2019
According to reports, there was police and military presence at the site of the demolition. It was clearly a state sponsored excersie. A power move by Ihedioha to show a new sheriff is in town, it obviously backfired and his media spin doctors ran with the fibb it was land owners who demolished the structure.
Imolites, hand on to your hats, it's going to be another bumpy 4yr ride.

1 Like

Re: Akachi Towers Demolition: Land Owners State Their Side Of The Story by Casptainspecial: 9:25pm On May 31, 2019
Even If the community ar involved the demolition cannot be carried out without govt approval

The incumbent govr should keep it in mind that 4 years is just like 4 hours as times fly

All his legacies would be destroyed too when the time comes

1 Like

Re: Akachi Towers Demolition: Land Owners State Their Side Of The Story by Okoroawusa: 9:34pm On May 31, 2019
Wetin consign me.

Am just happy that now that Okorocha has left office I now get fewer mentions on Nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Akachi Towers Demolition: Land Owners State Their Side Of The Story by mightyhaze: 10:00pm On May 31, 2019
Okoroawusa:
Wetin consign me.

Am just happy that now that Okorocha has left office I now get fewer mentions on Nairaland.
seems nairaland mentions gives u orgasms,hence the controversial igbo username

1 Like

Re: Akachi Towers Demolition: Land Owners State Their Side Of The Story by mightyhaze: 10:01pm On May 31, 2019
yorobbas crying all over the place more than the bereaved!

3 Likes

Re: Akachi Towers Demolition: Land Owners State Their Side Of The Story by rex444(m): 3:23am On Jun 01, 2019
Wait till your ancestral land possibly the last of it is taken by a power thirsty cripple.... forcefully...... Whomever is demolishing should ensure d rightful owners of the land take theirs back.....a plot their is more than 2.5 milla

1 Like

Re: Akachi Towers Demolition: Land Owners State Their Side Of The Story by Nonnyflex(m): 6:54am On Jun 01, 2019
Original fake news or few people in the community has been 'mobilized'

1 Like

Re: Akachi Towers Demolition: Land Owners State Their Side Of The Story by nototribalist: 7:27am On Jun 01, 2019
When I saw Imo rescue mission I stopped reading cos I know Rochas boys are trying to deceive the public again.

We are bringing the juju down no matter what. Okoroawusa is a mad man

1 Like

Re: Akachi Towers Demolition: Land Owners State Their Side Of The Story by nototribalist: 7:45am On Jun 01, 2019
Ikwuobe:
How can a governor demolish such a gigantic structure built with taxpayers money all in the name of ridiculing his predecessor. Madness at work in Imo state. Okorocha is better and would never have done likewise. Dark politics at play here. God forbid.

How many times are we going to explain that the Governor has nothing to do with it.

Every land on earth belongs to someone, you can't come to my land and build something without compensation. The owner took Rochas to court 4-5 years ago and he defeated Rochas in court, but Rochas said fck the court and continue to build a giant statue on the man land.

Just like how court gave the order that a market founded in 1900 shouldn't be demolished, Rochas said fck the court order. He went and demolish the market with thugs and soldiers and a small boy was shot dead.

My grandmother once told me that she and her friends used to go to that market in the 1930s to buy earrings and bangles for Christmas celebrations.

Rochas is a land grabber, on that same market he is building a 100 unit shopping plaza which has been sold to his friends and family.

Meanwhile, before he demolished the market, almost 10,000 people buy and sell things peacefully in that market for years. His target is land nothing else.

1 Like

Re: Akachi Towers Demolition: Land Owners State Their Side Of The Story by raggnnar: 9:25am On Jun 01, 2019
Paid miscrants.
Pull the devilish structure that have no economic value down. The owner, take back your land. Nonense.

1 Like

Re: Akachi Towers Demolition: Land Owners State Their Side Of The Story by Mbediogu(m): 11:16am On Jun 01, 2019
Which part of Imo State is this governor from sef? Chai! Spend money to demolish what money was used to erect.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Lockdowns Will Be Brutally Enforced By January Using Second Endsars Protest / Douye Diri: Climate Change Hitting Bayelsa Hard / No Bomb Explosion At Izombe Market, Vehicle Was Set On Fire - Imo Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.