Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,309 members, 7,811,917 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:33 PM

50 Reasons Not To Celebrate Nigeria @ 50 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 50 Reasons Not To Celebrate Nigeria @ 50 (517 Views)

Celebrate Nigeria's Diversity - Posters' Rich Diversities. / 50 Reasons Why We Should Celebrate Nigeria / Jonathan Slashes N16.4 Billion Nigeria @ 50 Celebrations Budget (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

50 Reasons Not To Celebrate Nigeria @ 50 by damas11111(m): 7:21pm On Sep 28, 2010
Taking inspiration from the thread "50 reasons why we should celebrate Nigeria @ 50", I have decided to start this one.

So guys and girls, please let us come up with 50 good reasons why we should not celebrate Nigeria at 50.

I'll start with the following ones and you can add your own reason(s).

1. Too much corruption especially on those who should serve us.
2. Insecurity exemplified by kidnapping of innocent people without any action from the goverment
3. Armed robbery
4. Lack of sincerity of purpose
5. Fraud - 419, money laundering and cyber crime
6. Laziness of the so called "future/leaders of tomorrow"
7. Unemployment
8. Lack of power generation (electricity)
9. Lack of visionary leaders plus the fact that no sign of the situation changing in the next 10 yearss.
10. Failure of the judicial system- the supposed last hope of the common man.

(1) (Reply)

Special Thoughts For Nigeria @ 50 I Believe In Nigeria / That Fifa Ban. / We Want You To Resign Or Else U R A Gonna - Ciroma, Atiku, Ayu Tells Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.