Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,501 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:41 AM

Sanwo-olu Visits Olusosun Dumpsite - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanwo-olu Visits Olusosun Dumpsite (31568 Views)

Soludo Transforms 18 Years Of Dumpsite To A Waterfountain In Ochanja (photos) / Sanwo-Olu Visits First Lady, Oluremi Tinubu / Sanwo-Olu Visits Mall Looted By Nigerians Over Xenophobic Attacks (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sanwo-olu Visits Olusosun Dumpsite by debossng: 9:31am On Jun 01, 2019
New Era
Re: Sanwo-olu Visits Olusosun Dumpsite by ebukason3(m): 9:31am On Jun 01, 2019
Return of monthly sanitation is not the solution, lawma should be posted to the city roads as it used to be during Fashola's regime.
Re: Sanwo-olu Visits Olusosun Dumpsite by Nobody: 9:32am On Jun 01, 2019
The way Oga Sanwo Olu is working shows he has a plan and a template to work on.I just hope he is politically sensitive when taking decisions sha.I kind of noticed the trainers .
Re: Sanwo-olu Visits Olusosun Dumpsite by 9jaRealist: 9:38am On Jun 01, 2019
One day I like BOS...
The next day I think he might be in over his head. embarassed

We seriously want to maintain and expand a waste DUMPSITE inside the city? Apparently, the spontaneous combustion and fire of last year has thought us nothing, and perhaps only until a really deadly disaster occurs that we will get the message. Are these folks so petty that they are ready to bite off our collective nose to spite our face, by refusing to relocate dumpsite to the purpose-built landfill and treatment site in Epe that was developed by Visionscape?!

>
Re: Sanwo-olu Visits Olusosun Dumpsite by tomju(m): 10:00am On Jun 01, 2019
Lol, why is he wearing hard hats to a dump site?
Re: Sanwo-olu Visits Olusosun Dumpsite by SmartMugu: 10:11am On Jun 01, 2019
Why is he going everywhere with his deputy? Why the horse and carriage? Can't they independently perform their inspections in different areas and update eachother? I remember when I was a governor. Good old days.
Re: Sanwo-olu Visits Olusosun Dumpsite by SmartMugu: 10:14am On Jun 01, 2019
9jaRealist:

We seriously want to maintain and expand a waste DUMPSITE inside the city?

>
I was actually hoping he'd suggest means of recycling the wastes, rather expanding the dump site came to his mind.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-olu Visits Olusosun Dumpsite by Indomie001: 10:19am On Jun 01, 2019
I just pray that these two (gov and his deputy) should continue in good page like this to serve people of Lagos right.

I have been observing their matching outfits since inauguration day, so lovely.....God bless Lagos, God Osun , God bless Nigeria.
Re: Sanwo-olu Visits Olusosun Dumpsite by NoBetterNigeria: 10:39am On Jun 01, 2019
Ogbeni don't bring anything back. Sanction houses that are not ready to clean their environment
Re: Sanwo-olu Visits Olusosun Dumpsite by Nobody: 11:01am On Jun 01, 2019
GeneralPula:
We are going to ask Lagosians if they want us to return the three-hour monthly sanitation exercise to ensure that we have a cleaner city. Though I have my own view, we will still ask Lagosians,” he said.

Yes I think, at least for now!

I agreed with the governor. In my earlier postings since early in the year, I complained about Waste Management System / Environmental Sanitation collapse and Apapa Mile 2 / Mile 2 Seme Road.

Now on the monthly environmental sanitation, I think Barrister Ebun Adegboruwa can see how dirty the environment has become. Lagos State can modify the movement restriction for those on special duties. All the gutters & drainages have been blocked by pure water sachets / bottle water plastics.
Re: Sanwo-olu Visits Olusosun Dumpsite by Buffalo2(m): 11:27am On Jun 01, 2019
Initial.............
Re: Sanwo-olu Visits Olusosun Dumpsite by PrincewithGod(m): 11:37am On Jun 01, 2019
GMbuharii:
Spot the difference

grin
What are you trying to say now?
Re: Sanwo-olu Visits Olusosun Dumpsite by GMbuharii: 11:41am On Jun 01, 2019
PrincewithGod:

What are you trying to say now?
Waka
Re: Sanwo-olu Visits Olusosun Dumpsite by GEEBITE: 11:59am On Jun 01, 2019
You see our leader,they wore white clothes to a dumpsite.
money121:
Sanwo-Olu visits Olusosun dumpsite

Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu of Lagos State today visited the Olusosun dump site in furtherance of his pledge to improve the environmental situation as contained in the first Executive Order on Environmental and Sanitation Matters signed recently.

Speaking during a visit to the dumpsite, alongside his deputy, Dr. Obafemi Hamzat, the Governor said: “we are here today to validate the Executive Order we signed. This is where we receive 70 per cent of the waste in Lagos. The facility is 28years old so we want to ensure that it can receive waste for the next 23years’’, he said.

The Governor expressed the possibility of the return of the monthly sanitation exercise after consultations with various stakeholders.

“We are going to ask Lagosians if they want us to return the three-hour monthly sanitation exercise to ensure that we have a cleaner city. Though I have my own view, we will still ask Lagosians,” he said.

He also disclosed the plan to expand the dumpsite to accommodate more waste, saying: "We want to expand the facility to 42 acres so that trucks can have a quicker turn around time".

Sanwo-Olu disclosed that the building under construction at the entrance of the site would be used to train and retrain the staff and create more jobs for the people, adding that the Lagos Waste Management Authority (LAWMA) would be strengthened to collect recyclable materials necessary for the creation of more jobs.

He expressed confidence that the revenue derivable from waste will be properly harnessed to make life more meaningful to the people of the State.

Source: https://www.imranservices.com.ng/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-olu Visits Olusosun Dumpsite by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jun 01, 2019
money121:
Nice one

Itesiwaju Ipile Eko loje wa Logun
lol.whenever I come across this yoruba phrase.i imagine one fat guy surrounded by bowls of amala solemnly saying it loudly.
Lol.
Re: Sanwo-olu Visits Olusosun Dumpsite by Kaybaba5(m): 12:29pm On Jun 01, 2019
AntiWailer:
Action.

This one is doing like Arsenal in the beginning of their season. grin grin

I hope he can sustain it till end of season unlike Arsenal.

badmouth........
Re: Sanwo-olu Visits Olusosun Dumpsite by Dobodobo04: 1:23pm On Jun 01, 2019
Monthly sanitation isn’t actually a bad idea if the Lagos state government provide a follow-up. By follow-up, I mean trucks gathering the dirts immediately all has been cleaned. Sweeper trucks then sweeping, with disinfectant vehicles finally spraying chemicals when all has been swept. We also need to teach lagosians how to recycle waste and start the process of recycling. Not everything has to go inside landfill. Some non recyclable non biodegradable waste can be incinerated and used to provide electricity for the state.
Re: Sanwo-olu Visits Olusosun Dumpsite by Kaybee1987(m): 1:50pm On Jun 01, 2019
Lets just continue to pray for him for a successful 4 years. No one is perfect. meanwhile, he cant satisfy everybody. Definitely some will hate his government while some will commend him.
Re: Sanwo-olu Visits Olusosun Dumpsite by Mathiasa(m): 1:53pm On Jun 01, 2019
Harrymig1:
Energetic Governor, I pray it continues this way
You mean say make him no enter office? I don't think this man has ever been to his office since he became the governor. Well all na for Good.
Re: Sanwo-olu Visits Olusosun Dumpsite by Blue3k(m): 4:03pm On Jun 01, 2019
grandstar:
It's no longer a dumpster and should keep it so.

You could smell the horrid smell for miles! A putrid stench 24/7. Now the smell's gone. He should keep that wY

He should turn into electricity. It wouldnt be too hard. Judging by pictures is probably generating alot methane gas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMrZ3XOVO-c
Re: Sanwo-olu Visits Olusosun Dumpsite by grandstar(m): 4:14pm On Jun 01, 2019
Blue3k:

He should turn into electricity. It wouldnt be too hard. Judging by pictures is probably generating alot methane gas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMrZ3XOVO-c

The stench has resumed due to the rain. I spoke too soon.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Governors Sanwo-Olu & Oyebanji Open Oyingbo Overpass (Photos & Videos). / Uneasy Calm In SSS Over ‘hurried Promotion’ Of Marilyn Ogar, Others / Osinbajo Back From Italy, Attends Lagos At 50 Gala Night (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.