Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,148 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:47 PM

Shell-less Eggs Causes & Prevention - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Shell-less Eggs Causes & Prevention (364 Views)

Poultry Workers Bury Eggs To Steal Them (Video) / Causes Of Shell-less Egg In Chicken And Solutions / Paralysis And Lameness In Broiler Chickens, Causes, Prevention And Treatment. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Shell-less Eggs Causes & Prevention by guidefreak(m): 12:14am On Jun 01, 2019
Chicken laying eggs without shell is doing so for a reason, and until you figure it out, you may not be able to stop it. Seeing a shell-less egg in your poultry farm or backyard chicken house may be beautiful for the first time. But the feeling changes when you start to see a couple of your hen laying eggs without shell. As a farmer, there are a couple of reasons why you don’t want your chicken to lay eggs without shell:

-You can’t sell shell-less eggs, therefore, it’s a loss
-Thin-shell eggs break easily and cause a mess
-When the cause is not known yet, it’s a major concern
-The chickens keeps eating but laying poor quality eggs
-You’re concerned it might be a disease

So, for whatever reason you are getting mad at your chicken for laying eggs without shell, I understand. But, hey! let’s talk about how you can stop it, but we will have to begin with the causes. As a practicing Animal Scientist, I have encountered the issue of shell-less eggs both on papers and in real-life, and I am willing to share with you the causes and what you can do in each situation.

Continue reading: https://guidefreak.com/shell-less-eggs-causes-prevention/

(1) (Reply)

I Need 60tons Of Cashew Very Urgent / We Can Supply You Ogbono In Bags / Why Dont Catfishes Reproduce In Captivity?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.