Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,634 members, 7,809,387 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:36 AM

#WinterInOAU: Tension Doused As Police Nab Notorious Cultists - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / #WinterInOAU: Tension Doused As Police Nab Notorious Cultists (27951 Views)

UNIBEN Final-Year Student Drowns In Ekosodin River As Police Arrest 2 Friends / #winterin OAU: Tension Doused As Police Nab Notorious Cultists / Cultists In Polytechnic Ibadan: Students On The Run (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

#WinterInOAU: Tension Doused As Police Nab Notorious Cultists by Orezy5(m): 12:58pm On Jun 01, 2019
The tension that ravaged the campus of Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU) Ile-Ife, Osun State, for a couple of weeks, over threat of a bloody attack by cultists, has subsided with the arrested of leaders of Vikings Confraternity (VC) of Oduduwa University, Ipetumodu.

A gang of cultists, under a pseudonymous “Cultists of Aloha clan” had threatened to invade OAU campus today (Saturday, June 1) “to rain bullets of death, sorrow and grief on innocent students”.

This threat caused panic on OAU campus and many students fled while those remained on the campus were apprehensive of their safely.

OAU management reacted to the threat in a statement, signed by the Public Relations Officer of the University, Mr Abiodun Olanrewaju, in which he assured that security agencies were on top of the situation.

The issue had been trending online with the hashtag “#WinterInOAU”, putting parents and guardians of the students in fears.

A top security operative told Daily Trust that: “There is a strong heat between OAU students and the cultists of Oduduwa university and a threat letter was issued by the cultists, promising to invade OAU premises on 1/6/2019.”

However, the tension seemed to have subsided with the arrest of the leader to the dreadful cult gang on Friday by the Anti-Cultism Squad of the Osun State Police Command.

A senior police officer told our correspondent that “security networking was utilised by men employed by the Commissioner of Police, Abiodun Ige and they have arrested four leaders of Vikings Confraternity”.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/winterinoau-tension-doused-as-police-nab-notorious-cultists.html

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: #WinterInOAU: Tension Doused As Police Nab Notorious Cultists by Elagancy: 1:21pm On Jun 01, 2019
alora threatened, and vikings were arrested. for una MIMD everything don settle. winter is coming and u are talking abt summer. I pity una lives

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: #WinterInOAU: Tension Doused As Police Nab Notorious Cultists by hisexcellency34: 1:22pm On Jun 01, 2019
All these useless boys in cultural. What do they stand to gain?

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: #WinterInOAU: Tension Doused As Police Nab Notorious Cultists by Nemesis0147(m): 1:24pm On Jun 01, 2019
bush men

2 Likes

Re: #WinterInOAU: Tension Doused As Police Nab Notorious Cultists by MufasaRebirth: 1:24pm On Jun 01, 2019
Elagancy:
alora threatened, and vikings were arrested. for una MIMD everything don settle. winter is coming and u are talking abt summer. I pity una lives
I think you should be arrested!!

190 Likes 9 Shares

Re: #WinterInOAU: Tension Doused As Police Nab Notorious Cultists by bettercreature(m): 1:24pm On Jun 01, 2019
Elagancy:
Are you a cultist? Because the news is giving you orgasm

132 Likes 5 Shares

Re: #WinterInOAU: Tension Doused As Police Nab Notorious Cultists by KingAzubuike(f): 1:25pm On Jun 01, 2019
Fake news from the police to ease tensions. Don't be surprised they never arrested anyone.

8 Likes

Re: #WinterInOAU: Tension Doused As Police Nab Notorious Cultists by Pavore9: 1:25pm On Jun 01, 2019
That's why I feel no pity for them when they get killed.

4 Likes

Re: #WinterInOAU: Tension Doused As Police Nab Notorious Cultists by brenister10: 1:25pm On Jun 01, 2019
Elagancy:

So you are one of them. Gonna send you to sanko soon

59 Likes 3 Shares

Re: #WinterInOAU: Tension Doused As Police Nab Notorious Cultists by Dipmikolo: 1:25pm On Jun 01, 2019
We are here for them
ALUTA AGAINST ALL OPPRESSION

8 Likes

Re: #WinterInOAU: Tension Doused As Police Nab Notorious Cultists by wakes: 1:25pm On Jun 01, 2019
Life is precious.
Don't join cultism.
They die earlier.
Live longer.
Say NO to cultism.
Say YES to Jesus.

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: #WinterInOAU: Tension Doused As Police Nab Notorious Cultists by khalidx: 1:26pm On Jun 01, 2019
Elagancy:
idiot.. Spit*

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: #WinterInOAU: Tension Doused As Police Nab Notorious Cultists by apesinola001: 1:26pm On Jun 01, 2019
Arrest them

1 Like

Re: #WinterInOAU: Tension Doused As Police Nab Notorious Cultists by Worldbest281: 1:26pm On Jun 01, 2019
oau
Re: #WinterInOAU: Tension Doused As Police Nab Notorious Cultists by stagger: 1:27pm On Jun 01, 2019
Elagancy:

You go land for Nsugbe very soon make your brain reset. Useless mofo!

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: #WinterInOAU: Tension Doused As Police Nab Notorious Cultists by JejeNaija(m): 1:27pm On Jun 01, 2019
The penalty for cultism in Nigeria should be death sentence.

9 Likes

Re: #WinterInOAU: Tension Doused As Police Nab Notorious Cultists by RemiTinubu(f): 1:27pm On Jun 01, 2019
[s]
Elagancy:
[/s]
get a life kiddo

7 Likes

Re: #WinterInOAU: Tension Doused As Police Nab Notorious Cultists by kollinz1234(m): 1:28pm On Jun 01, 2019
Between Suicide and cultism which is better??
Re: #WinterInOAU: Tension Doused As Police Nab Notorious Cultists by spiritedtete: 1:29pm On Jun 01, 2019
All this small small boys cults sef... Too much movies dey worry dem..

1. They have access to one small rickety iron they called Gun

2. They overdose on drugs... Not even better one self...

3. They see themselves as "guy I get liver, nothing dey happen'

And that's how it ends...

However there is a lot moreeee to life if only they can see far.. but they can't .

They ended being notorious even to their own self...lol

Dont come for me o... Me I be all of una elder o.

7 Likes

Re: #WinterInOAU: Tension Doused As Police Nab Notorious Cultists by dangotesmummy: 1:30pm On Jun 01, 2019
JejeNaija:
The penalty for cultism in Nigeria should be death sentence.
it is
All this cultists have dead brains.your mates are carving a niche for themselves in arts,education, technology and agriculture, you're busy wasting your lives in hooliganism. By the time your brains come alive,all your mates will have been dead,on the run or in prison

You have eyes but can't see,ears that can't function. Smh

Its the cultists from poor struggling families I pity the most.while their rich counterparts will use their parents influence and money to pervert justice,the one whose mother is still running around for "owo ajo" will languish in prison.meanwhile yorubas say omotio niya ondegbo eyin.it should be omo tioniya atibaba olowo ondegbo eyin.but na those children from poor backgrounds dey pass their boundaries pass

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: #WinterInOAU: Tension Doused As Police Nab Notorious Cultists by dalass(f): 1:30pm On Jun 01, 2019
We pray that the situation remains peacefulangry angry

1 Like

Re: #WinterInOAU: Tension Doused As Police Nab Notorious Cultists by boxypane(m): 1:31pm On Jun 01, 2019
Oduduwa University that started just a few years ago is now a den of cultists!!! I wonder what the youths of this generation are using their heads for. Those caught will be wasted for nothing!!!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: #WinterInOAU: Tension Doused As Police Nab Notorious Cultists by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jun 01, 2019
Universal student lol...I remember my days on Ede road...razz school

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: #WinterInOAU: Tension Doused As Police Nab Notorious Cultists by Scatterscatter(m): 1:31pm On Jun 01, 2019
Ehn, if winter is coming, the school management should provide cardigan and duvet for the student na wetin concern police.

Ordinary cold and student are running helter skeeter
Bunch of lazy youths undecided

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: #WinterInOAU: Tension Doused As Police Nab Notorious Cultists by NwaliE01: 1:31pm On Jun 01, 2019
Elagancy:
Oya you need this right now.

12 Likes

Re: #WinterInOAU: Tension Doused As Police Nab Notorious Cultists by Beedude(m): 1:32pm On Jun 01, 2019
Elagancy:
Cultist spotted. Dem go drop u soon

14 Likes

Re: #WinterInOAU: Tension Doused As Police Nab Notorious Cultists by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jun 01, 2019
Saynotocultism, see your ex colleagues at work.

From your years of experience, what do you have to say about this?
Re: #WinterInOAU: Tension Doused As Police Nab Notorious Cultists by Nobody: 1:34pm On Jun 01, 2019
Elagancy:
You sound like a cultist and you should be investigated. While your mates are trying to become someone in the society this is the trash you do with your life! I pity you.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: #WinterInOAU: Tension Doused As Police Nab Notorious Cultists by doggedfighter(f): 1:35pm On Jun 01, 2019
Elagancy:

Officer, here's one of them

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: #WinterInOAU: Tension Doused As Police Nab Notorious Cultists by bettercreature(m): 1:42pm On Jun 01, 2019
Beedude:

Cultist spotted. Dem go drop u soon
Believe me the guy is a cultist.Look at his profile

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Info On Oou 2009/2010 Admission List / This Year's JAMB Is Very HARD / UMS (university Of Medical Sciences), Ondo State Admission Thread 2016/2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.