Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,313 members, 7,811,928 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:57 PM

Thierry Henry, Fabregas And Others Pays Tribute To Reyes - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Thierry Henry, Fabregas And Others Pays Tribute To Reyes (314 Views)

Jesus Navas Dedicates Europa Title To Reyes And Puerta / Crash Site Of Jose Antonion Reyes's Car After Fatal Accident / Jose Antonio Reyes Dies In Car Crash At Age Of 35 (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Thierry Henry, Fabregas And Others Pays Tribute To Reyes by weezyk(m): 3:02pm On Jun 01, 2019
Welcome to whenhow24

SUBSCRIBE
Thierry Henry, Fabregas And Others Pays Tribute To Reyes
posted by Weezyk June 01, 2019

- Henry leads tributes to 'exceptional human' Reyes

Former Arsenal midfielder Cesc Fabregas called Reyes his "first great friend in the world of professional football",

-Arsenal paid tribute to their former player, saying they were "devastated by the shocking news".

Arsenal legend Thierry Henry, who played alongside Reyes between 2004-2007, called him a "wonderful player, superb team-mate and exceptional human being". He Wrote :
"I wish his family and friends continued strength and courage to get through this difficult time. #takenfartoosoon", he added on Twitter.

Former Arsenal midfielder Cesc Fabregas called Reyes his "first great friend in the world of professional football", and added: "My room-mate, who always wanted to sleep with the air conditioning even at -10 degrees.
"A humble guy who always had a smile on his face, great footballer and great person. I could not wake up today in a worse way.
"I will never forget when you and your family welcomed me at your home in my first Christmas in England when I was alone and was 16 years old. I will never forget our tennis football matches in the gym before and after workouts.
"Our connection in the field was also special.
"I always say that you have been one of the greatest talents in our football and I know that I am not wrong.
"Two days ago I was talking about you in an interview, it might be a sign, who knows, to remember you, my great friend.
"I will never forget you, we will never forget you. Always in our hearts. Rest in peace Jose Antonio Reyes. Love you very much. Cesc."

Former team-mate Freddie Ljungberg said: "Numbed by the news about my former team-mate, Jose Antonio Reyes. Gone far too soon, my thoughts are with his family and friends."

Current Arsenal manager Unai Emery, who Reyes played under at Sevilla, shared a poignant tribute: "Deeply sad and speechless after knowing this tragic news. I'll never forget your magic and your smile, Jose, never. It was an honour to be by your side... A strong hug and all the spirit of the world to family, friends and clubs to which he represented. RIP Friend."

Former Atletico Madrid team-mate Sergio Aguero said: "Moved by the death of José Antonio Reyes, a very good friend and partner with whom I shared great moments. A lot of pain. My condolences and all my support to your relatives."

Uefa president Aleksander Ceferin said: "He had a glittering career and won numerous honours wherever he played and I am shocked and saddened that his life has been so tragically cut short."
source: https://whenhow24..com/2019/06/thierry-henry-fabregas-and-others-pays.html?m=1

(1) (Reply)

See The Lionel Messi’s Free Kick That Was Voted To B D Best Champions League Goa / Lionel Messi Claims Top Spot On List Of The World's Highest Paid Athletes / Former Liverpool & Atletico Madrid Striker Torres Announces Retirement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.