Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,074 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:25 AM

Amosun’s Legacy: A Tenure Of Ziggy And Sakamanje - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amosun’s Legacy: A Tenure Of Ziggy And Sakamanje (15194 Views)

Battle For 2023: Is Kashim Shettima's Legacy A Guarantee Of APC Victory? / Buhari Extends Tenure Of Service Chiefs / Onnoghen Conviction: Lawyer Fears Over The Tenure Of Governors, Lawmakers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amosun’s Legacy: A Tenure Of Ziggy And Sakamanje by YUNGCONCEPT11(m): 8:36am On Jun 02, 2019
For me the best Ogun state ever had is senator Amosun, let us be appolitical, he transformed the look of Ogun state, no governor did more infrastructures than Amosun in Nigeria, it doesn't matter who he is giving the contact to, the Basic thing is he has worked.
The OP is just a stauch supporter of Gov Dapo Abiodun.
Come to Ogun and check for yourself...
The numbers of flyovers in Abeokuta alone haba.
The writer should fear God to
Jus because of brown envelope!

2 Likes

Re: Amosun’s Legacy: A Tenure Of Ziggy And Sakamanje by iswallker(m): 9:01am On Jun 02, 2019
Asiwaju0809:
We people needs to realise something here apart from being sentimental. The so called Formal Governor perform woefully to the state.
Though he has done his own but he did not even try.
I appreciate the writer. I enjoy every bit of the article. May Good God grant you more wisdom and knowledge to write.

Past governors must have failed in the education sector for you to write in this manner..
Re: Amosun’s Legacy: A Tenure Of Ziggy And Sakamanje by Abbycite(m): 9:07am On Jun 02, 2019
weighadsef:
how the writer were around to write about past Gov. too. they can never be satisfied. is like past Gov never received allocation. I have been living in Ogun state for the past 30 years, you can't just come up with bad feels bcoz you belong to a particular party or part of the state. when you see good thing appreciate, if it were there before you won't start from here. the man has charge the face value of Ogun State. anyway, your write up shows you're very dull in your assessment. you can do inner road before outer bcoz investors will not see it and they won't come. so what is the point on economy value. if go for inner road first, it would get spoiled before you come to the city. secondly there is nothing like zero allocation. what happened was that LG mismanaging their budget, the chairman live like emperor so Obasanjo pay thru state to cub their excess and to give the governors more power to control their state. lobatan!

don't just write rubbish for writing sake. is really unfair.

I don't even want to comment on anything "Amosun" but seeing your "he changed the face of Ogun state" riled me up.

You Abeokuta people are so selfish that u don't realize that the state is much more than your vicinity.

Tell me how he changed the face of Yewa, Ijebu or Demo axis of the state. Why are u all selfish that u can't see beyond your nose.

Like someone said earlier....Amosun has come and gone, I leave him to his conscience

3 Likes

Re: Amosun’s Legacy: A Tenure Of Ziggy And Sakamanje by Alerichy: 9:14am On Jun 02, 2019
The writter had spoken my mind, he concluded by saying that he decided to leave some other sector untouched, mere looking at Sakamanje prank in Ogun state by governor Amosun in the last 8 years, it was indeed, a Sulamania prank not only Sakamanje. Good write up from a good observer. This write up is the type a senior secondary student should always read to prepare for Waec or debate completion. Good use of English, Good punctuation mark, right grammer at the write time, above it all, good summary of the events in the past 8 years of ex governor Amosun regime

2 Likes

Re: Amosun’s Legacy: A Tenure Of Ziggy And Sakamanje by bigjj: 9:16am On Jun 02, 2019
Amosun has done well. If you enter Abeokuta, you will know that you are in the state capital.

1 Like

Re: Amosun’s Legacy: A Tenure Of Ziggy And Sakamanje by maleeks(m): 9:42am On Jun 02, 2019
To me as an outsider he has performed well, to you as insider he didn't, even in a propaganda there must be an atom of truth.... I'll look in to this
Re: Amosun’s Legacy: A Tenure Of Ziggy And Sakamanje by mkoabiola: 11:21am On Jun 02, 2019
Amosun is too arrogant and intoxicated
Re: Amosun’s Legacy: A Tenure Of Ziggy And Sakamanje by 12inchDickson: 11:46am On Jun 02, 2019
MrMcJay:
Amosun tried his bits in road infrastructure and security but apart from that, he failed woefully. He was more interested in fighting everyone and instigating crisis everywhere.

I'm 2015, my younger sister was involved in an accident on Siun expressway but when taken back to Abeokuta, the Government hospitals in Ogun state were on strike.

She eventually died cos of delayed medical attention. She was my only sibling, a qualified lawyer at 22 years old.
substandard roads
Amosun will not die well
Spits

1 Like

Re: Amosun’s Legacy: A Tenure Of Ziggy And Sakamanje by 12inchDickson: 11:52am On Jun 02, 2019
YUNGCONCEPT11:
For me the best Ogun state ever had is senator Amosun, let us be appolitical, he transformed the look of Ogun state, no governor did more infrastructures than Amosun in Nigeria, it doesn't matter who he is giving the contact to, the Basic thing is he has worked.
The OP is just a stauch supporter of Gov Dapo Abiodun.
Come to Ogun and check for yourself...
The numbers of flyovers in Abeokuta alone haba.
The writer should fear God to
Jus because of brown envelope!
the writer should fear God’ but Amosun wanted to be God’
I live in Abeokuta and I scored him 60% even
when asked last year by my superiors. This is not about beef but Amosun will be judged by his grace .
Amosun and his cohorts will be disgraced with his family too!!

1 Like

Re: Amosun’s Legacy: A Tenure Of Ziggy And Sakamanje by Babalegba(m): 11:59am On Jun 02, 2019
Congratulations to the o.p for posting the worst moronic post ever on nairalaland. I hope you are not an ogun citizen because your low I.Q would drag the state down.

1 Like

Re: Amosun’s Legacy: A Tenure Of Ziggy And Sakamanje by blazer2018: 12:32pm On Jun 02, 2019
mfm04622:

In what way did he dwarf Osoba? Let's mention specific areas.
Infrastructure Amosun
Security. Tie
Water. Osoba
Education Osoba
IGR. Amosun
Labour Relations Osoba
Sport. Osoba
Health. Osoba

Bring up other areas you think Amosun dwarfed Osoba. Keeping in mind Osoba has much less resources and still had to fund some LG due to Zero allocation then

What is d use of a Gov if he can't think outside the box to increase his State's IGR?

Amosun could have been crying plausity of funds and decide to do nothing, but he didn't. Any smart person should know that to improve IGR, u need new investors, and for them to stay, u need to give the state a facelift-massive infrastructural dev (especially to d state capital where investors sees 1st) and then provide security.

Amosun leads in infrastructure, housing, Agriculture and even the security u mentioned to be a tie...I remember banks couldn't open at all in some parts of the State b4 Amosun came to their rescue.

As for Labour relation, Amosun goofed big time... But Baba Osoba wasn't that different, though he was more forthcoming with payment of salaries before oga OGD started the deduction palava.

I also recall baba Osoba going live on OGTV on the eve of the 2003 elections to seek d forgiveness of Ogun Labour Force. Would he have done that if he treated them right? Plus he was known for his arrogance too. In fact, OGD was d most worker friendly Gov and did well in sports too.

The only area one can give kudos to Akinrogun is that, he gave rural roads and provision of water special attention.

Trust me, even with our IGR, nobody could have made significant success equally in all the sectors. Some will definitely suffer. Amosun is d father of the new Ogun State as future generations would see what he's done.

I pray Dapo doesn't disappoint those who believes in him with d greedy foxes he's surrounded himself with.

4 Likes

Re: Amosun’s Legacy: A Tenure Of Ziggy And Sakamanje by mfm04622: 1:08pm On Jun 02, 2019
blazer2018:

What is d use of a Gov if he can't think outside the box to increase his State's IGR?

Amosun could have been crying plausity of funds and decide to do nothing, but he didn't. Any smart person should know that to improve IGR, u need new investors, and for them to stay, u need to give the state a facelift-massive infrastructural dev (especially to d state capital where investors sees 1st) and then provide security.

Amosun leads in infrastructure, housing, Agriculture and even the security u mentioned to be a tie...I remember banks couldn't open at all in some parts of the State b4 Amosun came to their rescue.

As for Labour relation, Amosun goofed big time... But Baba Osoba wasn't that different, though he was more forthcoming with payment of salaries before oga OGD started the deduction palava.

I also recall baba Osoba going live on OGTV on the eve of the 2003 elections to seek d forgiveness of Ogun Labour Force. Would he have done that if he treated them right? Plus he was known for his arrogance too. In fact, OGD was d most worker friendly Gov and did well in sports too.

The only area one can give kudos to Akinrogun is that, he gave rural roads and provision of water special attention.

Trust me, even with our IGR, nobody could have made significant success in equally in of the sectors. Some will definitely suffer. Amosun is d father of the new Ogun State as future generations would see what he's done.

I pray Dapo doesn't disappoint those who believes in him with d greedy foxes he's surrounded himself with.

Osoba's second tenure was 1999 to 2003. What IGR was anybody talking about then? Which agriculture? I disagree with you. Or you mean the fake rice pyramid? Banks not opening, did it happen under Osoba or OGD? Osoba had to beg because his party lost everything in the election they had a week before. Gubernatorial was the week after and he knew if things didn't change, he will lose.
Sha, those are in the past. My prayer is that the new governor will take us to greater heights
Re: Amosun’s Legacy: A Tenure Of Ziggy And Sakamanje by blazer2018: 2:01pm On Jun 02, 2019
mfm04622:

Osoba's second tenure was 1999 to 2003. What IGR was anybody talking about then? Which agriculture? I disagree with you. Or you mean the fake rice pyramid? Banks not opening, did it happen under Osoba or OGD? Osoba had to beg because his party lost everything in the election they had a week before. Gubernatorial was the week after and he knew if things didn't change, he will lose.
Sha, those are in the past. My prayer is that the new governor will take us to greater heights

U mean no gov improved his State's IGR between 1999 and 2003?

My brother, if Osoba had performed well, there was no way he would have lost...of them all (SW Govs then) Tinubu was d best and d smartest, that was why d tsunami that swept his colleagues away didn't touch him-d rest thought that d sakamaje of using Awolowo's name would return them without achieving much in governance.

Like u said, I pray Dapo performs, at least for all of our sakes and for his 2nd term sake...that is if his relationship with d lord of bourdilon exceeds 2021. grin

1 Like

Re: Amosun’s Legacy: A Tenure Of Ziggy And Sakamanje by adekzy: 2:50pm On Jun 02, 2019
Quite an objective write up. Only the state Capital enjoy most of the dividends of democracy under Amosun.

Many roads within the state are in comatose. From Ijebu-Mowe-Akute-Sango.

Also the home owner charter program. Billions was generated, few resident received their Certificate-Of-Occupancy and some people want to rate the Governor high.
Re: Amosun’s Legacy: A Tenure Of Ziggy And Sakamanje by mfm04622: 3:12pm On Jun 02, 2019
blazer2018:

U mean no gov improved his State's IGR between 1999 and 2003?

My brother, if Osoba had performed well, there was no way he would have lost...of them all (SW Govs then) Tinubu was d best and d smartest, that was why d tsunami that swept his colleagues away didn't touch him-d rest thought that d sakamaje of using Awolowo's name would return them without achieving much in governance.

Like u said, I pray Dapo performs, at least for all of our sakes and for his 2nd term sake...that is if his relationship with d lord of bourdilon exceeds 2021. grin

All SW governors except Tinubu list the 2003 election because they made a deal with OBJ who betrayed them! Tinubu was smarter yes. He was not the best
Re: Amosun’s Legacy: A Tenure Of Ziggy And Sakamanje by blazer2018: 3:17pm On Jun 02, 2019
mfm04622:

All SW governors except Tinubu list the 2003 election because they made a deal with OBJ who betrayed them! Tinubu was smarter yes. He was not the best

So who was; Osoba? grin

Wo, it is well my brother. grin
Re: Amosun’s Legacy: A Tenure Of Ziggy And Sakamanje by kayusely70(m): 4:27pm On Jun 02, 2019
The analysis is 99.9% accurate, the only error is that Yayi wanted to be governor not senator. Yayi was chased away by the spurious claim that he is not from ogun state, whereas he is an indigene of ogun state of egbado stock but born in Lagos.
Re: Amosun’s Legacy: A Tenure Of Ziggy And Sakamanje by chibaby1985(f): 5:04pm On Jun 02, 2019
Re: Amosun’s Legacy: A Tenure Of Ziggy And Sakamanje by MetaPhysical: 10:42pm On Jun 02, 2019
grin grin
Amosun don enter "gawu"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amosun’s Legacy: A Tenure Of Ziggy And Sakamanje by dyydxx: 8:26am On Jun 05, 2019
AgbariOjukwu1:
It's wrong for people to say Amosun didn't do anything at all. He may have erred in some areas but the guy tried.

Amosun couldn't have fixed every road and obviously can't make every other towns look like Abeokuta the State capital.

Despite all what you wrote there, Amosun still won his senatorial seat, the party he endorsed Apm had over 222, 153 votes in the last election the margin of victory was not up to 20k votes.

This implies that the people don't see Amosun as a total failure the way the op has depicted him in his post.

Amosun won senatorial seat because of party structure..if he was that good he should have contested on APM platform and won so that we can put your submissions to test.

So Abeokuta is Ogun state abi.....he forgot Ogun East and West,...... only concentrated on central even in central sef only Abeokuta.

An abject total failure that only has his ego to show for it..... well almost never did it, 20k votes eeyahh....I thought he was the alpha and omega in Ogun State. Very deceitful and untrustworthy fellow.

He has gone into oblivion now, never to be relevant again.
Re: Amosun’s Legacy: A Tenure Of Ziggy And Sakamanje by AgbariOjukwu1: 8:37am On Jun 05, 2019
dyydxx:

Amosun won senatorial seat because of party structure..if he was that good he should have contested on APM platform and won so that we can put your submissions to test.

So Abeokuta is Ogun state abi.....he forgot Ogun East and West,...... only concentrated on central even in central sef only Abeokuta.

An abject total failure that only has his ego to show for it..... well almost never did it, 20k votes eeyahh....I thought he was the alpha and omega in Ogun State. Very deceitful and untrustworthy fellow.

He has gone into oblivion now, never to be relevant again.

You are naive.

Amosun didn't win his Senatorial seat because of only party structure. After all Apc worked for Titi Oseni in the senatorial election.

Amosun was the best option for Ogun central people and he is the best senator to have represented us.. You may not know all these.

If you check the Governorship election results in Ogun central, APM won three of the Six local governments and lost narrowly in Abeokuta South. But overall APM won the senatorial district.. So what does this tell you?

Amosun needed to remain in APC so as to navigate national politics. He can't just leave the party for the likes of Osoba and co who just returned to the party.

1 Like

Re: Amosun’s Legacy: A Tenure Of Ziggy And Sakamanje by dyydxx: 9:11am On Jun 05, 2019
AgbariOjukwu1:

You are naive.

Amosun didn't win his Senatorial seat because of only party structure. After all Apc worked for Titi Oseni in the senatorial election.

Amosun was the best option for Ogun central people and he is the best senator to have represented us.. You may not know all these.

If you check the Governorship election results in Ogun central, APM won three of the Six local governments and lost narrowly in Abeokuta South. But overall APM won the senatorial district.. So what does this tell you?

Amosun needed to remain in APC so as to navigate national politics. He can't just leave the party for the likes of Osoba and co who just returned to the party.
I dont recall APC working for titi oseni, I remember clearly osoba saying they should still vote APC for senate. But let's leave that

This is the problem. Amosun thought he was APC in Ogun State but he forgot that he came from somewhere too. You can't displace/frustrate the leader in a party that you didn't found and think there wont be a repercussion. If you cannot accommodate all the power blocs and power that be it's either you fight an all out war for the soul of the party and win or you Bleep off into oblivion. it's winner take all stakes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Policemen In Ota Demand Bribe From Robbery Victims - Sahara Reporters / Chatham House: $582bn stolen from Nigeria since independence / Six Times President Buhari Travelled To The UK For Medical Attention

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.