Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,953 members, 7,821,346 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:44 AM

Help Nairaland I Lost My Wheel Lock Nut Key - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Help Nairaland I Lost My Wheel Lock Nut Key (1123 Views)

Anti-theft Car Steering Wheel Lock... / Mercedes Benz Wheel Lock / Lugnuts / Who Can Help With The Key To This Wheel Lock (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Nairaland I Lost My Wheel Lock Nut Key by RedPill(m): 7:04am On Jun 02, 2019
Hello to whoever is reading this; your help will be greatly appreciated. I lost the nut key to my Mum's rx300 Lexus embarassed. Please if you know where I can get another one, don't hesitate to direct me.

PS: without the key lock, the tires cannot be removed

1 Share

Re: Help Nairaland I Lost My Wheel Lock Nut Key by RedPill(m): 7:09am On Jun 02, 2019
bro lalasticlala
your help on getting this to front page will be greatly appreciated. Please the tires are currently flat and we can can't go anywhere
Re: Help Nairaland I Lost My Wheel Lock Nut Key by Dottore: 7:10am On Jun 02, 2019
That particular can only be forcefully removed by panel beater using their welding equipment at the rate of about 500 to 1k per wheel depending on the negotiation then you can buw a new set of 5 with their key if u wish to continue using it.
Good luck

1 Like

Re: Help Nairaland I Lost My Wheel Lock Nut Key by symbianDON(m): 7:13am On Jun 02, 2019
you can't get the nut key from the market because it's a security feature. best bet is to cut the existing locks and buy a new set as the previous poster above suggested.
Re: Help Nairaland I Lost My Wheel Lock Nut Key by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:54am On Jun 02, 2019
RedPill:
Hello to whoever is reading this; your help will be greatly appreciated. I lost the nut key to my Mum's rx300 Lexus embarassed. Please if you know where I can get another one, don't hesitate to direct me.

it is not replaceable. You will have to take out all 4 with the help of a 19mm socket. Contact me if you want it done.

Lagos
Re: Help Nairaland I Lost My Wheel Lock Nut Key by CarGuideNG: 7:58am On Jun 02, 2019
Re: Help Nairaland I Lost My Wheel Lock Nut Key by kingreign(m): 8:43am On Jun 02, 2019
RedPill:

Get a cross wheel spanner, use the 19mm side to put into the wheel lock, hammer it down with 2 good blows, then turn it till it comes off. When the lock comes off, hammer the lock off the wheelspanner. It will come off, you can still reuse it or you buy another brand new set of locks with their key.
Re: Help Nairaland I Lost My Wheel Lock Nut Key by Frankdamaxx(m): 9:14am On Jun 02, 2019
kingreign:

Get a cross wheel spanner, use the 19mm side to put into the wheel lock, hammer it down with 2 good blows, then turn it till it comes off. When the lock comes off, hammer the lock off the wheelspanner. It will come off, you can still reuse it or you buy another brand new set of locks with their key.

So why was this now a security feature when this can be easily done. Abi am I missing something?
Re: Help Nairaland I Lost My Wheel Lock Nut Key by kingreign(m): 12:44pm On Jun 02, 2019
Frankdamaxx:

So why was this now a security feature when this can be easily done. Abi am I missing something?
Yes, you are o!
Re: Help Nairaland I Lost My Wheel Lock Nut Key by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jun 02, 2019
Re: Help Nairaland I Lost My Wheel Lock Nut Key by chillex8(m): 3:53pm On Jun 02, 2019
Same with my car.

Does this fit

Re: Help Nairaland I Lost My Wheel Lock Nut Key by RedPill(m): 3:40am On Jun 03, 2019
chillex8:
Same with my car.
Does this fit

sadly it doesn't, the shape looks different
Re: Help Nairaland I Lost My Wheel Lock Nut Key by RedPill(m): 3:41am On Jun 03, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

it is not replaceable. You will have to take out all 4 with the help of a 19mm socket. Contact me if you want it done.

Lagos

Please where can I get the 19mm socket and how much is it.
PS I'm in Kogi State
Re: Help Nairaland I Lost My Wheel Lock Nut Key by RedPill(m): 3:42am On Jun 03, 2019
VenusTechShop:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMaxonoahx8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6-frJjNhqk

I saw this videos online.

RedPill

Thank you
I don't know where I can find this 12 point socket though

(1) (Reply)

Corolla CE Toks Sale@2.1m / 50 Inches Panasonic Television For Sale 60k / Clean Registered Nissan Almera Wagon @ N490,000 Call 08139040039

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.