Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,201 members, 7,818,670 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:29 PM

Anthony Joshua Is Worth £35m, But Never Spends A Penny Of His Own Money - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Anthony Joshua Is Worth £35m, But Never Spends A Penny Of His Own Money (749 Views)

Chelsea And Morocco Star Hakim Ziyech Gives Every Penny Of International Salary / Alex Iwobi: Everton Paid £35m To Sign Him: Costs More Than Any Of These Players / Andy Ruiz: Anthony Joshua Is Not Good At Boxing And 'I Will Beat Him In Rematch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anthony Joshua Is Worth £35m, But Never Spends A Penny Of His Own Money by barackodam: 8:07am On Jun 02, 2019
- Anthony Joshua lives a luxurious life with private jets, five-star holidays and fast cars – without spending out of his £35m fortune

- The WBA, IBF, WBO and IBO heavyweight world champion gets his holidays and food free

- Joshua still lives his mum Yeta Odusanya in their humble house in the United Kingdom

Anthony Joshua, the WBA, IBF, WBO and IBO heavyweight world champion, is currently valued at about worth £35m, and travels around the globe on private jets and fast cars, but hardly spends personal cash.

According to UK Sun report, the Nigerian-born pugilist despite his worth remains so humble and still lives with his mum - in an ex-council house.

In addition, AJ also has another two-bed flat in Sheffield, which he uses mostly for training. It has a master bedroom with a single bed, worn out sofas in the living room, and a bathroom.

Interestingly, the 29-year-old Joshua, is one of the few people that don’t bother about weekly supermarket shopping, and doesn't even pay for his cartons of eggs, with his sponsors taking care of everything.

AJ instead spends his cash on family threats with the balance kept safe in the bank.

Speaking about the world boxing champion, Joshua’s close pal and marketing manager, Freddie Cunningham, insists the boxer likes keeping it low despite having "a lot of money," Joshua "doesn't live the life that he could."

"From the outside, it probably looks like he does. He's seen in private jets, wearing expensive watches, and driving around in nice cars,” he was quoted as saying to Business Insider.

"But the jets are all sponsored. We've never paid for a private jet, or a helicopter, in our life. He gets a signature car from Land Rover.

"He's not spending that money. He's accumulating money. He's living a lifestyle that probably everyone wants him to live, or see him live, but he's doing it in a smart way. Tactful."

At the last count, AJ has about 12 endorsement deals currently under his heavyweight belt – fetching him around £5m per annum - ranging from clothing, electronics and cars that ensure he has more money in the bank when not fighting.

Furthermore, he has a free £45million private jet provided by US sportswear giant Under Armour – who also credits his account with seven-digit salary.

Surprisingly, while revealing the inside of his black G550 valued at about £45m before heading to USA to battle Ruiz, AJ said: “These type of things aren't ordinary, in my daily life and in many other people's daily lives, so it's a blessing.

"However, my view is even though I enjoy it and the door has been opened for me, I can't forget to open the door for people who have come with me and the people who aren't in a position to enjoy this type of luxury.

"I never get too lost in the source and get carried away with these types of things.”

The sports kit manufactures’ also ensures the IBF world heavyweight champion remains spot on with training wear, including all tracksuits, and trainers.

AJ also makes use of a helicopter, provided by Beats by Dre, who he’s been the face since 2017.

Joshua’s first car at 17 was a Vauxhall Astra, which he saved up £1,500 to buy and claimed it was a “stable, sturdy car.”

But at the moment through his various partnership with automobile giants Jaguar Land Rover – which is reportedly valued at £790,000 a year - AJ drives round London with various luxurious wheels, including a customised white Jaguar XJR, worth £93,000.

However, his favourite remains his personalized black Range Rover, which he believes "looks very professional and sets a standard"

The boxer was angry last year, after his bespoke £150,000 motor – handed to him by his sponsors – was stolen outside his cousin’s house, days before fighting Alexander Povetkin.

Luckily AJ was handed another by the company without delay.

Equally, the world champ enjoys free trips to Dubai, Miami and Jamaica when not boxing on exotic vacations with family and friends, with his Instagram revealing a lot more.

Again, most of these trips are sponsored by countries and resorts who want the privilege of having the sporting icon spotted hitting their hottest tourist spots.

Cunningham stressed: “We have a partnership with Dubai Tourism and they really like him and get his philosophy on life, his morals, everything.

"He resonates with that territory. They want to bring boxing there. Hopefully we can do something there.”

Interestingly, in the past, Joshua got into trouble with police as a youngster and spent about 14 days in Reading prison after he was caught with cannabis.

AJ now understands the value of the money he's made.

"Don’t save what is left after spending, spend what is left after saving," was his recent advice to his over 8.8 million Instagram followers.

Joshua still manage to dazzle with jewellery and clothes worth thousand of pounds despite keeping his purse closed mostly.

Recently, he was handed a £350,000 watch worth more than an average house, courtesy of his partnership with luxury jewellers Audemars Piguet.

[url=Source]
https://www.legit.ng/amp/1241326-anthony-joshua-worth-35m-spends-money.html[/url]

Lalasticlala
Mynd44

Re: Anthony Joshua Is Worth £35m, But Never Spends A Penny Of His Own Money by majamajic(m): 8:22am On Jun 02, 2019
just 35M ?
are kidding me ?
he got 60m from last night's fight alone
Re: Anthony Joshua Is Worth £35m, But Never Spends A Penny Of His Own Money by BIGGIE121(m): 8:30am On Jun 02, 2019
majamajic:
just 35M ?
are kidding me ?
he got 60m from last night's fight alone
how do you know he got 60m from last night? Can you explain?
Re: Anthony Joshua Is Worth £35m, But Never Spends A Penny Of His Own Money by majamajic(m): 10:08am On Jun 02, 2019
BIGGIE121:
how do you know he got 60m from last night? Can you explain?
every fight what each fighter is getting are made open
Re: Anthony Joshua Is Worth £35m, But Never Spends A Penny Of His Own Money by tck2000(m): 11:18am On Jun 02, 2019
wow

(1) (Reply)

Cech's Hockey Helmet Has Arsenal Badge On One Side & Chelsea Badge On The Other / Ballon D'or Nominees LIVE: Ronaldo & Van Dijk Headline The First 20 Players / Highest Paid Female Goalkeeper Ihiabe Rabi Visited Home Town.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.