Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,141 members, 7,818,432 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:35 PM

Drake's Curse Strikes As Anthony Joshua Fall - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Drake's Curse Strikes As Anthony Joshua Fall (377 Views)

Béla Guttmann Curse Strikes Again : Benfica Youth Loses UEFA Cup To Real Madrid / The Ajax Curse Strikes Again! / Drake Curse Strikes Again With Anthony Joshua’s Loss To Andy Ruiz Jr (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Drake's Curse Strikes As Anthony Joshua Fall by AlexyA(m): 12:41pm On Jun 02, 2019
ANTHONY JOSHUA became the latest victim of the "Drake Curse" with his shock defeat to Andy Ruiz Jr last night - after vowing to end the rapper's hoodoo.
AJ lost the first professional fight of his career a he was stopped in the seventh round in the early hours of this morning in New York.
Anthony Joshua was the latest sports star to suffer from the Drake curse, despite vowing not to
He was floored FOUR times in the bout before th referee decided enough was enough.
It means the heavyweight star has lost his WBA, IBF, WBO and IBF world titles - but is expected t take a rematch with the Mexican-American later this year.
And salt was rubbed into the wounds after
Joshua claimed he would "break the curse" of Drake - with sporting stars suffering defeat after posing for photos with the Canadian rapper.
AJ's somewhat cocky post on March 21, captioning a photo with the rap star in the gym, said: "Bout to break the curse #June1st"
But it came back to bite him as Ruiz inflicted one of the greatest shocks in boxing history on the Brit.
And plenty were quick to remind AJ of his bold prediction, with comments flooding in on his Instagram.
One said: "I think the curse is real now."
Another joked, "The curse is unbreakable," while others posted a series of laughing emojis.
And one added: "Thank you for being a good sport about this but you gotta get these jokes man I’m sorry."
Joshua, 29, joked last month that he would ban the Canadian star, 32, from his locker room at Madison Square Garden because of his torrid record.
Speaking to ESPN about whether he would have Drake backstage, the 29-year-old said: "I know I shouldn’t.
"You know about the Drake curse? It’s real though.
"This is what I’m saying, what’s weird though is I took a picture with Drake .
"We took it before (Jarrell) Miller got banned. Miller then had a drug test and got popped. The fight got cancelled!"
Serena Williams, Conor McGregor, Jadon Sancho and Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang have all been hit by the curse, which dates back six years.
Sergio Aguero missed his penalty in the Champions League against Tottenham after
hanging out with the rapper .
And then Paris Saint-Germain suffered their heaviest league defeat for 19 years, losing 5-1 at Lille, in another episode of the bonkers trend.
Cc:
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/9203217/anthony-joshua-drake-curse-strikes/

Drake's victims timeline

2013 : Toronto Raptors make Drake their global ambassador and earn a reputation for choking big games

2014 : Kentucky lose college basketball decider versus Wisconsin

2014 : Miami Heat smashed 4-1 in NBA Finals San Antonio

2015 : Serena Williams shocked by Roberta Vin in US Open semi-final

2016 : Quarterback Johnny Manziel drops out NFL having previously been a first-round draft pick

2018 : UFC champion Conor McGregor loses to Khabib Nurmagomedov

2019 : Alabama suffer big loss to college footb rivals Clemson

2019 : Jadon Sancho's Dortmund hammered b Bayern Munich

2019 : Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang benched as Arsenal lose at Everton

2019 : Sergio Aguero misses a penalty as City l to Tottenham in the Champions League

2019 : PSG suffer their heaviest league defeat i 19 years, losing 5-1 at Lille

2019: Anthony Joshua loses first professional fight and world title belts with shock defeat to Andy Ruiz Jr.
It seems the curse is real

Re: Drake's Curse Strikes As Anthony Joshua Fall by rottennaija(m): 12:49pm On Jun 02, 2019
This can be reversed engineered. Say, someone who is a serial loser poses with drake and see how things turn out
Re: Drake's Curse Strikes As Anthony Joshua Fall by Gorillacrew: 2:00pm On Jun 02, 2019
Rihanna's stock has gone way up since 'work'. Maybe Drake is taking all the luck from these guys and dumping in Ri-Ri's canal. Superstitious crap. AJ got too cocky - simple.
Re: Drake's Curse Strikes As Anthony Joshua Fall by AlexyA(m): 2:25pm On Jun 02, 2019
This Drake issue get as e be. People go dey see drake dey hide before he go rub their shine
Re: Drake's Curse Strikes As Anthony Joshua Fall by EbukaHades10(m): 2:38pm On Jun 02, 2019
cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Wonderful Scenes In Liverpool As The European Champions Returned Home / Pep: Liverpool Won't Be City's Only Title Rivals Next Season / Dchefsport Community Impact : Understanding The Context

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.