Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,080 members, 7,814,745 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:41 PM

How Come No White Or Asian Nigerian Is In Politics In Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Come No White Or Asian Nigerian Is In Politics In Nigeria? (2085 Views)

Okorocha Embarks On Economic Mission To Vietnam And Other Asian Countries - PICS / How Come No IPOB Protest In Edo? / A Nairalander's Comment In Politics Makes A Full Page Advert In The Guardian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Come No White Or Asian Nigerian Is In Politics In Nigeria? by KnowAll(m): 1:47pm On Sep 29, 2010
[size=14pt]Just wondering aloud here, in a couple of days we would be celebrating 50 years of independence. And as far as I know many Asians especially Lebanese and Syrians have being in Nigeria for generations now, how come none of them have not broken ranks into the uncharted territory of Nigerian Politics. 

Are we a discriminating nation who would not allow other Nigerians who are only different in skin colour OR looks part takes in the politics of their nation? The last time someone ever raise his frustrations,  was a couple of months ago,  a Lebanese based in Kano State was screaming blue-murder at the Kano Authorities for not allowing him to run for the Senate. These foreigners OR Asian and European Nigerians contribute to our national economy and should be allowed to run.

I hope the next 50 years would usher in a new dispensation for Nigeria as Asian and European Nigerians would be allowed to run for any elective post they desire.

At least if that happens we would not have people like late Sam Mbakwe former Governor of Imo State who out of despire and frustration insisted Nigeria should invite the colonial masters back to rule us.

What are your take on this NLanders, I know we have serious tribalism amongst ourselves we the indigenous population but then when we travel to other climes and the White OR Asian man does something wrong to us we label that nation a racist nation, looks like we don’t know and like to be at receiving end of discriminative innuendos yet we dish it out at fellow Nigerians without the slightest thought on a daily basis.[/size]   undecided   
Re: How Come No White Or Asian Nigerian Is In Politics In Nigeria? by AjanleKoko: 2:00pm On Sep 29, 2010
Actually a really good post, I like it.
Well, we're not even politically evolved enough to vote the right black people in power, how much more naturalized Nigerians? For the Lebanese and Indians, they are more content to rape the nation and cart away our natural wealth, while watching us scramble to curry their favours, and fight over the little bribes and foreign prostitutes they can offer our leaders.

See how past and present Nigerian rulers are running after the Chagourys. I heard from a Lebanese colleague that Chagoury's castle in Beirut is an 8th World wonder. Same as the Vaswanis.
Re: How Come No White Or Asian Nigerian Is In Politics In Nigeria? by chyz(m): 2:02pm On Sep 29, 2010
KnowAll:

[size=14pt]Just wondering aloud here, in a couple of days we would be celebrating 50 years of independence. And as far as I know many Asians especially Lebanese and Syrians have being in Nigeria for generations now, how come none of them have not broken ranks into the uncharted territory of Nigerian Politics. 

Are we a discriminating nation who would not allow other Nigerians who are only different in skin colour OR looks part takes in the politics of their nation? The last someone ever raise his frustrations,  was a couple of months ago,  a Lebanese based in Kano State was screaming blue-murder at the Kano Authorities for not allowing him to run for the Senate. These foreigners OR Asian and European Nigerians contribute to our national economy and should be allowed to run.

I hope the next 50 years would usher in a new dispensation for Nigeria as Asian and European Nigerians would be allowed to run for any elective post they desire.

At least if that happens we would not have people like late Sam Mbakwe former Governor of Imo State who out of despire and frustration insisted Nigeria should invite the colonial masters back to rule us.

What are your take on this NLanders, I know we have serious tribalism amongst ourselves we the indigenous population but then when we travel to other climes and the White OR Asian man does something wrong to us we label that nation a racist nation, looks like we don’t know and like to be at receiving end of discriminative innuendos yet we dish it out at fellow Nigerians without the slightest thought on a daily basis.[/size] undecided

How many nigerians are in their politics?
Re: How Come No White Or Asian Nigerian Is In Politics In Nigeria? by AjanleKoko: 2:10pm On Sep 29, 2010
Seems the Spambot got me there.
Anyway, no need, as the naturalized Nigerians don't need to be in our politics. Why would they, when the people that have power are running after them everyday, seeking their favours? They didn't naturalize as Nigerians because it was some kind of liberal democratic ideal, they naturalized because they saw a country that had so much wealth, plus a whole generation of morons running it. Just check out the Chagourys and Vaswanis, and see how the so-called elite are scrambling to be their friends.
Re: How Come No White Or Asian Nigerian Is In Politics In Nigeria? by asha80(m): 2:20pm On Sep 29, 2010
This is ajenlekoko's posts.

2 Forums / Politics / Re: How Come No White Or Asian Nigerian Is In Politics In Nigeria? on: Today at 02:00:33 PM
Actually a really good post, I like it.
Well, we're not even politically evolved enough to vote the right black people in power, how much more naturalized Nigerians? For the Lebanese and Indians, they are more content to despoil the nation and cart away our natural wealth, while watching us scramble to curry their favours, and fight over the little bribes and foreign love-peddlers they can offer our leaders.

See how past and present Nigerian rulers are running after the Chagourys. I heard from a Lebanese colleague that Chagoury's castle in Beirut is an 8th World wonder. Same as the Vaswanis.

Seems the Spambot got me there.
Anyway, no need, as the naturalized Nigerians don't need to be in our politics. Why would they, when the people that have power are running after them everyday, seeking their favours? They didn't naturalize as Nigerians because it was some kind of liberal democratic ideal, they naturalized because they saw a country that had so much wealth, plus a whole generation of morons running it. Just check out the Chagourys and Vaswanis, and see how the so-called elite are scrambling to be their friends.
Re: How Come No White Or Asian Nigerian Is In Politics In Nigeria? by Ikengawo: 6:31pm On Sep 29, 2010
^a couple.

This is a bad question for now, but in the future, when Lekki is done and the country is a sizable chinese population as can be predicted, it would be interesting to see this

the one thing about asians that leave asia though is they don't get involved in the civil society of the countries they go to.

few western nations, all teeming with large asian populations, have asian politicians, asian musician, asian anything except students and business men. So i doubt that will happen.

i can see a white nigerian politician in the distant future, but if he's not ready to play hard ball like nigerians he would get eaten alive.
Re: How Come No White Or Asian Nigerian Is In Politics In Nigeria? by angrynaija: 7:35pm On Sep 29, 2010
not a bad idea at all. seems like we as the indigenous peopel are utterly unable to govern ourselves. maybe we need the nigeria whites or asians
Re: How Come No White Or Asian Nigerian Is In Politics In Nigeria? by ikeyman00(m): 9:32pm On Sep 29, 2010
@@@@@@@@@

bullockssssssss!! how many najia u have in communist party

india nko
Re: How Come No White Or Asian Nigerian Is In Politics In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:48pm On Sep 29, 2010
chyz:

How many nigerians are in their politics?

GBAM!!!

Ikengawo:

^a couple.
Name a few.
Re: How Come No White Or Asian Nigerian Is In Politics In Nigeria? by Gamine(f): 9:59pm On Sep 29, 2010
Because you don't see them doesn't mean they don't 'run' things.
Those in the background are usually the most powerful.

Besides, did you conduct any survey to ask the 'whites' and 'Asians' why?
Re: How Come No White Or Asian Nigerian Is In Politics In Nigeria? by Nwaka77: 10:18pm On Sep 29, 2010
Gamine:

Because you don't see them doesn't mean they don't 'run' things.
Those in the background are usually the most powerful.

Besides, did you conduct any survey to ask the 'whites' and 'Asians' why?

Abi o! Good question.
Re: How Come No White Or Asian Nigerian Is In Politics In Nigeria? by DisGuy: 10:28pm On Sep 29, 2010
Unlike Nigerians that run after 'titles' they have studied the terrain, they dont want to 'soil' their names in public its better in private where Nigerian journalist will even help defend their actions

Most of those huge contracts are awarded to them especially in the north and guess what a high percentage of those contract that seems to go on forever being re-budgeted is in their hands!!

funny thing is Nigerians are quick to point to 'lots' of foreigners' in the country as a sign of progress- instead of looking out for the right kind of foreigners
Re: How Come No White Or Asian Nigerian Is In Politics In Nigeria? by daylae(m): 10:47pm On Sep 29, 2010
Something wey neva circulate reach some original nigerians,wey people dey shout "zonning", u dey talk of adopted nigerians.

It'll be a welcome development though. But the political terrain we are having now will sadly not accomodate this.

At least we have nigerians actively involve in politics in the US,and europe;some were even elected into the government. That's liberality!
Re: How Come No White Or Asian Nigerian Is In Politics In Nigeria? by KnowAll(m): 10:55pm On Sep 29, 2010
[size=14pt]The day Nigerians start voting Asians and Whites into power would be the day Tribalism would be laid to rest for ever. I look forward to that day when the best man gets voted for the quality he provides to his/her community and not by his looks, name OR Religion.[/size]
Re: How Come No White Or Asian Nigerian Is In Politics In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:01am On Sep 30, 2010
KnowAll:

[size=14pt]The day Nigerians start voting Asians and Whites into power would be the day Tribalism would be laid to rest for ever. I look forward to that day when the best man gets voted for the quality he provides to his/her community and not by his looks, name OR Religion.[/size]

Since when have we ever voted them in by looks?

Are you saying we're blind or dnt know anything abt good looks?
Re: How Come No White Or Asian Nigerian Is In Politics In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:05am On Sep 30, 2010
perhaps they dont want to die
Re: How Come No White Or Asian Nigerian Is In Politics In Nigeria? by soldee: 12:19am On Sep 30, 2010
@Poster what are you talking about?

TURAI IS NOT NIGERIAN!! SHE IS FROM NIGER REPUBLIC!!! You still want foreign politicians running your country?
Re: How Come No White Or Asian Nigerian Is In Politics In Nigeria? by Akanbiedu(m): 9:52am On Sep 30, 2010
Nigerian society is not ripe for that. With time,
Re: How Come No White Or Asian Nigerian Is In Politics In Nigeria? by adultebony(m): 12:01pm On Sep 30, 2010
This could happen here in Lagos within a couple of decades. Dan Foster could become a commissioner someday, maybe a Senator. I have Lebanese friends born and bred in Kano, never been to Lebanon all their life who I bet you will present themselves to be voted for within the decade. Watch not, here comes the 'white-Nigerians'
Re: How Come No White Or Asian Nigerian Is In Politics In Nigeria? by favouredjb(f): 12:13pm On Sep 30, 2010
I see no reason why they should be involved.abeg abeg

(1) (Reply)

Is Nairaland Pro-Buhari? / Over A Million Nigerians Will Die If Nyos Dam Should Collapse Says NEMA / Governor Rochas In PUBLIC FIGHT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.