Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,396 members, 7,853,766 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 11:39 PM

Court Sentences Calistus Obi To 7 Years Imprisonment - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Sentences Calistus Obi To 7 Years Imprisonment (25086 Views)

Calistus Okafor Still In Court Over LP, Case Threatens Peter Obi's Candidacy / Calistus Okafor Faction Of LP To Hold Presidential Primary Today / Mbaka: Enugu Catholic Bishop, Calistus Onaga Responsible For My Disappearance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Sentences Calistus Obi To 7 Years Imprisonment by MANNABBQGRILLS: 2:16pm On Jun 03, 2019
FreemanUYB:

no Hausa Fulani charged with fraud will go to jail!!!!

who then will rule Nigeria if you jail them !!!

the Igbo's are the scape goats !!!
Try not to sound this way in the matter of fraud now.
Biko!

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Court Sentences Calistus Obi To 7 Years Imprisonment by klufs(m): 2:18pm On Jun 03, 2019
Amuocha:
Only.

With all the noise angry

N136mil / 7years or 136,000,000/7*365 =N53,228 per day grin grin grin

I don't think you are aware of asset forfeiture procedure. That money or it's equvalant has been ceased from him in the same or different proceeding. This days crime don't pay when you get caught.
Re: Court Sentences Calistus Obi To 7 Years Imprisonment by philip0906(m): 2:19pm On Jun 03, 2019
Nonybb:
What about maina of the pension scam? The Cabals has repeatedly shield their Hausa-Fulani brother from THE EFCC and consequently exonerated of all the claims labelled against him but was quick to sentence an Igbo man
Oh shut it!

2 Likes

Re: Court Sentences Calistus Obi To 7 Years Imprisonment by Oweku: 2:19pm On Jun 03, 2019
angry
Re: Court Sentences Calistus Obi To 7 Years Imprisonment by deji17: 2:19pm On Jun 03, 2019
FreemanUYB:

Two ex Governors are currently in jail, are they from Enugu?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Sentences Calistus Obi To 7 Years Imprisonment by AngelicBeing: 2:20pm On Jun 03, 2019
Amuocha:
Only.

With all the noise angry

Hmmmm, the guy has more than that, 136 million Naira is what the government was able to discover, he will probably spend 3.5 years in executive prison section with Plasma TV, fridge, Internet, Jack Daniels, weed, correct banga soup and semolina with weekly visit of oloshos to see him at ikoyi prison, only poor prisoners suffer in Nigeria tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Sentences Calistus Obi To 7 Years Imprisonment by hollywater: 2:23pm On Jun 03, 2019
It is only South Easterners that will got this kind of judgement. Somebody used 2 billion to cut grass,he is still a Freeman.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Sentences Calistus Obi To 7 Years Imprisonment by CaptainMitch: 2:27pm On Jun 03, 2019
My dad's close friend, good for you as you no give us anything
Re: Court Sentences Calistus Obi To 7 Years Imprisonment by charlycharles(m): 2:27pm On Jun 03, 2019
Pls where is Maina.... selective fight against kwaraption.
Re: Court Sentences Calistus Obi To 7 Years Imprisonment by CaptainMitch: 2:28pm On Jun 03, 2019
Liar, you don't know him, he only acted as NIMASA DG for 2 days
Goke7:
this life sha, can't count the number of meetings with my former organisation I have attended with this man as chair in his hey days at NIMASA. The man like egunje no be small so not surprised!
Re: Court Sentences Calistus Obi To 7 Years Imprisonment by Amuocha: 2:29pm On Jun 03, 2019
klufs:

I don't think you are aware of asset forfeiture procedure. That money or it's equvalant has been ceased from him in the same or different proceeding. This days crime don't pay when you get caught.

EFCC spokesman well done oh grin
Re: Court Sentences Calistus Obi To 7 Years Imprisonment by charlycharles(m): 2:30pm On Jun 03, 2019
philip0906:

Oh shut it!
Nonsense, u shut it first! The truth is always bitter
Re: Court Sentences Calistus Obi To 7 Years Imprisonment by klufs(m): 2:31pm On Jun 03, 2019
Amuocha:

EFCC spokesman well done oh grin
I'm not their spokesman o. But I have a duty to know what I know if I'm to be relevant in my line of work.

1 Like

Re: Court Sentences Calistus Obi To 7 Years Imprisonment by AkpaMgbor(m): 2:35pm On Jun 03, 2019
Macgyver1:
This is a welcome development, I hope he does his time.
Seconded..that man oversaw an unprecedented spree of looting and corrupt practices in nimasa..he and his cohorts.

1 Like

Re: Court Sentences Calistus Obi To 7 Years Imprisonment by Leridoo14(m): 2:43pm On Jun 03, 2019
Ebullience:
A Federal High Court in Lagos has sentenced a former Acting Director-General of NIMASA, Calistus Obi, to seven years imprisonment for N136 million fraud.

Details shortly…..

https://thenationonlineng.net/breaking-court-sentences-ex-nimasa-d-g-to-7-years-imprisonment/
Ole ajibole!!! That's the music sang to thief in the olden day..next level just started
Re: Court Sentences Calistus Obi To 7 Years Imprisonment by Terryv(m): 2:50pm On Jun 03, 2019
FreemanUYB:

which level you come dy?

1 Like

Re: Court Sentences Calistus Obi To 7 Years Imprisonment by mfm04622: 3:01pm On Jun 03, 2019
Macgyver1:

Nothing is welcome in this! Except the court has ordered that he refund the missing money!

1 Like

Re: Court Sentences Calistus Obi To 7 Years Imprisonment by NonsoWow: 3:05pm On Jun 03, 2019
AkpaMgbor:

Seconded..that man oversaw an unprecedented spree of looting and corrupt practices in nimasa..he and his cohorts.
Many don't even know that he is Peter Obi's blood brother. And he was just there for less than 3 months! Stealing runs in their gene. Imagine what would have happened to our treasury if Atikulated Obituary had succeeded.

1 Like

Re: Court Sentences Calistus Obi To 7 Years Imprisonment by akilo1: 3:06pm On Jun 03, 2019
This is why Nigerians voted for buhari..

1 Like

Re: Court Sentences Calistus Obi To 7 Years Imprisonment by YoungAncient1: 3:07pm On Jun 03, 2019
I'm sure there is a fine alternative. This story is not complete.
Re: Court Sentences Calistus Obi To 7 Years Imprisonment by Ballack1(m): 3:08pm On Jun 03, 2019
[quote author=Ebullience post=78980408]A Federal High Court in Lagos has sentenced a former Acting Director-General of NIMASA, Calistus Obi, to seven years imprisonment for N136 million fraud.

Details shortly…..

https://thenationonlineng.net/breaking-court-sentences-ex-nimasa-d-g-to-7-years-imprisonment/

This news is not complete

Or a fine of 42million naira
Re: Court Sentences Calistus Obi To 7 Years Imprisonment by Ballack1(m): 3:08pm On Jun 03, 2019
]A Federal High Court in Lagos has sentenced a former Acting Director-General of NIMASA, Calistus Obi, to seven years imprisonment for N136 million fraud.

Details shortly…..

This news is not complete

Or a fine of 42million naira
Re: Court Sentences Calistus Obi To 7 Years Imprisonment by JimohMomoh: 3:09pm On Jun 03, 2019
K
Re: Court Sentences Calistus Obi To 7 Years Imprisonment by emmykk(m): 3:14pm On Jun 03, 2019
Amuocha:
Only.

With all the noise angry

if you have been to prison to see inmates you will know that even N150K per day is worthless,you can been killed there you know,disease can infect your vital organs plus the name that have been destroyed.

How many times have you heard from James ibori after prison sentence. Don't try to be in prison for whatever reason even here in Nigeria or anywhere abroad.

1 Like

Re: Court Sentences Calistus Obi To 7 Years Imprisonment by JimohMomoh: 3:15pm On Jun 03, 2019
Ebullience:
A Federal High Court in Lagos has sentenced a former Acting Director-General of NIMASA, Calistus Obi, to seven years imprisonment for N136 million fraud.

Details shortly…..

7 years is small o, maybe he agreed to make some refund.

He should have decamped to APC immediately he sensed EFCC where after him.

The grasscutter is still a free man despite glaring evidence of misappropriation of funds.
Re: Court Sentences Calistus Obi To 7 Years Imprisonment by worworbabe: 3:37pm On Jun 03, 2019
I pray to God that Naira Marley is sentenced too so young people can realise that Yahoo yahoo can lead them to jail
Re: Court Sentences Calistus Obi To 7 Years Imprisonment by isaacsegun(m): 3:38pm On Jun 03, 2019
Nonybb:
What about maina of the pension scam? The Cabals has repeatedly shield their Hausa-Fulani brother from THE EFCC and consequently exonerated of all the claims labelled against him but was quick to sentence an Igbo man
to your gullible mind, Maina is an Hausa fulani? I'm not surprise though, you guys will just stay in your erosion prone region and start typing rubbish with your cheap itel phone. for your info. Maina is a Kunuri by tribe from borno.
Re: Court Sentences Calistus Obi To 7 Years Imprisonment by AkpaMgbor(m): 3:40pm On Jun 03, 2019
NonsoWow:
Many don't even know that he is Peter Obi's blood brother. And he was just there for less than 3 months! Stealing runs in their gene. Imagine what would have happened to our treasury if Atikulated Obituary had succeeded.
Fvck off with your political gibberish..I'm a full blooded and proud igbo man..my comment was devoid of tribal inclination even though the person in discussion is from my tribe..don't mention me with your bullshyt.
Re: Court Sentences Calistus Obi To 7 Years Imprisonment by AlphaT1(m): 3:42pm On Jun 03, 2019
Macgyver1:
Read it first bros, convicted for embezzling 136 milion Naira.
Sentenced to 7yrs in prison or an option of 42 milion Naira fine......you think say him go enter prison?
Re: Court Sentences Calistus Obi To 7 Years Imprisonment by AlphaT1(m): 3:44pm On Jun 03, 2019
JimohMomoh:

7 years is small o, maybe he agreed to make some refund.

He should have decamped to APC immediately he sensed EFCC where after him.

The grasscutter is still a free man despite glaring evidence of misappropriation of funds.
Read the full article...it's 7yrs or 42milion Naira fine! Which option do you think he will take?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria Ranks 22nd In Cheapest Petrol Prices Globally - Global Petrol Prices / Iyabo Said I Was Going To Die In Office – Obasanjo / Hameed Ali May Be Arrested Over ‘lopsided' Northern Appointments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.