Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:50 AM

Igbo Scare: Southern Cameroon Hate For The Igbo Led To Secession From Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Scare: Southern Cameroon Hate For The Igbo Led To Secession From Nigeria (7581 Views)

Yoruba Nation: Modupe Onitiri Abiola Declares Secession From Nigeria (video) / The Igbo Scare in the British Cameroons - 1945 -1961 ( Why we joined Cameroon ) / Igbo Scare: Southern Cameroon Hate For The Igbo Led To Secession From Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Scare: Southern Cameroon Hate For The Igbo Led To Secession From Nigeria by pipeliner: 5:32pm On Jun 03, 2019
Firingpin:
Empty chest beaters claiming to be the best of the black race but are neither the richest nor the most intelligent but certainly the loudest and the most politically naive.

Nigeria is a zoo just as Kanu described it. Your politics is driven by hate and tribalism and bigotry. Calling Igbo politically naive under the Nigerian setting is a compliment. You can go and beat your chest that you have nearly pulled the Igbo down to your miserable level.

13 Likes

Re: Igbo Scare: Southern Cameroon Hate For The Igbo Led To Secession From Nigeria by Firingpin: 5:38pm On Jun 03, 2019
pipeliner:

Nigeria is a zoo just as Kanu described it. Your politics is driven by hate and tribalism and bigotry. Calling Igbo politically naive under the Nigerian setting is a compliment. You can go and beat your chest that you have nearly pulled the Igbo down to your miserable level.
self inflated ,self important mediocrities.

6 Likes

Re: Igbo Scare: Southern Cameroon Hate For The Igbo Led To Secession From Nigeria by pipeliner: 5:41pm On Jun 03, 2019
Firingpin:
self inflated ,self important mediocrities.

But I have said the truth. Outside the shores of Nigeria my people are doing well in all spheres including politics. It's only in Nigeria that we are "naive" only because of hate. But are you not paying dearly for it.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Scare: Southern Cameroon Hate For The Igbo Led To Secession From Nigeria by Armaggedon: 5:42pm On Jun 03, 2019
The British preyed on their fear of Igrbo domination and lured them into Cameroon. Today the real domination stares them in the face. The culture and English lingual franca is being replaced forcefully. That which they refused to do reasonably with ballots is now being done radically with bullets in addition to shedding their own blood.

lesson!

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Scare: Southern Cameroon Hate For The Igbo Led To Secession From Nigeria by YungMillionaire: 5:47pm On Jun 03, 2019
Here is my take on IGBOS. First in terms of tribes I love in Nigeria apart from my tribe...Igbos and Yorubas are top of my list. However, to speak honestly, Igbos are wise in many ways but very poor when it comes to understanding human nature and social cues. Typically, Igbos do not know the basics of conducting themselves when they are the minority in a place. This inability causes a lot of discord between them and host communities. I have experienced it all over Nigeria. I have seen it with my own eyes. And even some honest Igbos will tell you EXACTLY the same thing. And if I remember clearly, even Chinua Achebe made some claim to that effect. Now, wait and see how some of these Igbos will start insulting me with afonja etc. Instead of you to look in the mirror and make the necessary changes. If Igbos can overcome this flaw, there is no telling how much more farther they would go in terms of Nigerian space. And it would benefit all Nigerians as well. My two cents.

6 Likes

Re: Igbo Scare: Southern Cameroon Hate For The Igbo Led To Secession From Nigeria by YungMillionaire: 5:49pm On Jun 03, 2019
oilPUSSY:

Everybody hates ISIS, AL QUEDA etc. too.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Scare: Southern Cameroon Hate For The Igbo Led To Secession From Nigeria by pipeliner: 5:50pm On Jun 03, 2019
YungMillionaire:
Here is my take on IGBOS. First in terms of tribes I love in Nigeria apart from my tribe...Igbos and Yorubas are top of my list. However, to speak honestly, Igbos are wise in many ways but very poor when it comes to understanding human nature and social cues. Typically, Igbos do not know the basics of conducting themselves when they are the minority in a place. This inability causes a lot of discord between them and host communities. I have experienced it all over Nigeria. I have seen it with my own eyes. And even some honest Igbos will tell you EXACTLY the same thing. And if I remember clearly, even Chinua Achebe made some claim to that effect. Now, wait and see how some of these Igbos will start insulting me with afonja etc. Instead of you to look in the mirror and make the necessary changes. If Igbos can overcome this flaw, there is no telling how much more farther they would go in terms of Nigerian space. And it would benefit all Nigerians as well. My two cents.

Do you by your post suggest that Yoruba and Hausa are without blemish, hence as a tribe have nothing to correct.

6 Likes

Re: Igbo Scare: Southern Cameroon Hate For The Igbo Led To Secession From Nigeria by SOFTDRINK: 5:51pm On Jun 03, 2019
Babalegba:
I was not talking about bestiality but beastly barbaric human behavior,greed, boastfulness, jingoistic behavior in inter tribal relations and disrespect of others. Ask yourself introspectively why ibos are always the subject of hatred and you would understand that character flaws that needs to be addressed are present in their midst.No tribe is anywhere near perfect but it is bad that many yorubas prefer the hausa who is Muslim to ibos who are Christian.

@ the bolded,you mean these pictorial evidence of your BEASTLY tribesmen?

10 Likes

Re: Igbo Scare: Southern Cameroon Hate For The Igbo Led To Secession From Nigeria by YungMillionaire: 5:54pm On Jun 03, 2019
pipeliner:

Do you by your post suggest that Yoruba and Hausa are without blemish, hence as a tribe have nothing to correct.

Of course not. The topic is about Igbos. Hence my submission. Every tribe has their own fault. I have criticized Yorubas for complacency in the past. Hausas for group think etc. But when it comes to an inability to conduct themselves wisely in social spaces, this is, in my opinion, Igbos biggest flaw.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Scare: Southern Cameroon Hate For The Igbo Led To Secession From Nigeria by oilPUSSY(f): 5:54pm On Jun 03, 2019
YungMillionaire:

Everybody hates ISIS, AL QUEDA etc. too.

They are Muslims, Igbos are not Muslims neither do they destroy lives and properties.

5 Likes

Re: Igbo Scare: Southern Cameroon Hate For The Igbo Led To Secession From Nigeria by YungMillionaire: 5:56pm On Jun 03, 2019
oilPUSSY:

They are Muslims, Igbos are not Muslims neither do they destroy lives and properties.

My point been just because people hate you doesn't mean you are doing something good. Igbos should look in the mirror and ask themselves why the have a trust deficit in Nigeria.

Also, though, I am not a Muslim, there is nothing wrong with being a Muslim. Equating Muslims with terrorism is like equating all Igbos with drug smuggling...it is bigotry and you should stop doing it.

6 Likes

Re: Igbo Scare: Southern Cameroon Hate For The Igbo Led To Secession From Nigeria by SOFTDRINK: 5:57pm On Jun 03, 2019
YungMillionaire:

Keep your love!!!

A lion doesn't cower in the midst of goats.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Scare: Southern Cameroon Hate For The Igbo Led To Secession From Nigeria by YungMillionaire: 5:59pm On Jun 03, 2019
SOFTDRINK:

Keep your love!!!
A lion doesn't cower in the midst of goats.

There you go proving my point. You call yourself a lion and the people you live among goats. How do you think that will endear them to you?

5 Likes

Re: Igbo Scare: Southern Cameroon Hate For The Igbo Led To Secession From Nigeria by SOFTDRINK: 6:03pm On Jun 03, 2019
YungMillionaire:

There you go proving my point. You call yourself a lion and the people you live among goats. How do you think that will endear them to you?
You were suggesting by your submission that the Igbos should lick the asses of their hosts because they are in the minority.

Respect is earned

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Scare: Southern Cameroon Hate For The Igbo Led To Secession From Nigeria by oilPUSSY(f): 6:04pm On Jun 03, 2019
YungMillionaire:

My point been just because people hate you doesn't mean you are doing something good. Igbos should look in the mirror and ask themselves why the have a trust deficit in Nigeria.

Also, though, I am not a Muslim, there is nothing wrong with being a Muslim. Equating Muslims with terrorism is like equating all Igbos with drug smuggling...it is bigotry and you should stop doing it.

I and my colleagues have given reasons why people are having Igbophibia on FP ..But if you insist.. I have a breaking news for you..

Average Igbo man cares not how he's being perceived. Doing that will limit him him in going far..
Again........

11 Likes

Re: Igbo Scare: Southern Cameroon Hate For The Igbo Led To Secession From Nigeria by Chinablack: 6:05pm On Jun 03, 2019
Babalegba:
I was not talking about bestiality but beastly barbaric human behavior,greed, boastfulness, jingoistic behavior in inter tribal relations and disrespect of others. Ask yourself introspectively why ibos are always the subject of hatred and you would understand that character flaws that needs to be addressed are present in their midst.No tribe is anywhere near perfect but it is bad that many yorubas prefer the hausa who is Muslim to ibos who are Christian.
can I ask you? why were the jews hated . well igbos don't beg for love, it's only the godforsaken and the cursed that beg for love. pre independence people of southern cameroun borrowed anti igbo sentiments from feudalistic yorubas and hausafulani who resorted to anti igbo sentiments and envy when the republican igbos came from nowhere and overtook them in every sphere of human development and civilisation. igbos were able to achieve these when they took the advantage of their feudalistic cultures. it's very sad that these two people have continued to practice this same feudalism till today. why won't they lag behind

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Scare: Southern Cameroon Hate For The Igbo Led To Secession From Nigeria by YungMillionaire: 6:06pm On Jun 03, 2019
SOFTDRINK:

You were suggesting by your submission that the Igbos should lick the asses of their hosts because they are in the minority.
Respect is earned

No. You do not need to lick anyone's a55. Start by not calling other people goats. You can start from there.
Re: Igbo Scare: Southern Cameroon Hate For The Igbo Led To Secession From Nigeria by YungMillionaire: 6:09pm On Jun 03, 2019
oilPUSSY:

I and my colleagues have given reasons why people are having Igbophibia on FP ..But if you insist.. I have a breaking news for you..
Average Igbo man cares not how he's being perceived. Doing that will limit him him in going far..
Again........

Igbophobia is very real. But educate me, why do you think it exists in the first place? Do you think Igbos have not contributed to it in anyway? What per centage would you give Igbos (0%, 10% 20%, 50%, 75%, or 100%)? Please, I will like to know your opinion on this issue. No games.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo Scare: Southern Cameroon Hate For The Igbo Led To Secession From Nigeria by SOFTDRINK: 6:13pm On Jun 03, 2019
YungMillionaire:

No. You do not need to lick anyone's a55. Start by not calling other people goats. You can start from there.
Start by not suggesting that the Igbos do not know how to conduct themselves in their host community.

5 Likes

Re: Igbo Scare: Southern Cameroon Hate For The Igbo Led To Secession From Nigeria by oilPUSSY(f): 6:20pm On Jun 03, 2019
YungMillionaire:

Igbophobia is very real. But educate me, why do you think it exists in the first place? Do you think Igbos have not contributed to it in anyway? What per centage would you give Igbos (0%, 10% 20%, 50%, 75%, or 100%)? Please, I will like to know your opinion on this issue. No games.
Igbos are hated everywhere because they prosper more than their hosts everywhere. Prosperity begets hatred. #Akubuilo

Copied..
I will search for Amadu Bellow's speech about Igbos in 1950's. (YouTube video)

Modified :..Here is the video Ahmadu Bello spilling his igbophobic comment... Because Igbos were/are most educated tribe in Nigeria hence dominating the civil service because those days, everything was based on competence and merit , Ahmadu Bello started accusing Igbos for domination.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_odAy4rVz8

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Scare: Southern Cameroon Hate For The Igbo Led To Secession From Nigeria by nextdoor84(m): 6:30pm On Jun 03, 2019
YungMillionaire:

Of course not. The topic is about Igbos. Hence my submission. Every tribe has their own fault. I have criticized Yorubas for complacency in the past. Hausas for group think etc. But when it comes to an inability to conduct themselves wisely in social spaces, this is, in my opinion, Igbos biggest flaw.

You are very correct bro! God bless you and your honest submission!! I will hope the very wise one would take note.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Scare: Southern Cameroon Hate For The Igbo Led To Secession From Nigeria by Chinablack: 6:43pm On Jun 03, 2019
oilPUSSY:

Igbos are hated everywhere because they prosper more than their hosts everywhere. Prosperity begets hatred. #Akubuilo

Copied..
I will search for Amadu Bellow's speech about Igbos in 1950's. (YouTube video)

Modified :..Here is the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_odAy4rVz8

even akintola has his own anti igbo frustrations on video. my grandfather told me their success was so tremendous that if not the war that set them back, they would have overtaken Japan .

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Scare: Southern Cameroon Hate For The Igbo Led To Secession From Nigeria by oilPUSSY(f): 6:45pm On Jun 03, 2019
Chinablack:
even akintola has his own anti igbo frustrations on video. my grandfather told me their success was so tremendous that if not the war that set them back, they would have overtaken Japan .

Thank God we are back.. We control the economy

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Scare: Southern Cameroon Hate For The Igbo Led To Secession From Nigeria by Firingpin: 6:57pm On Jun 03, 2019
pipeliner:

But I have said the truth. Outside the shores of Nigeria my people are doing well in all spheres including politics. It's only in Nigeria that we are "naive" only because of hate. But are you not paying dearly for it.
Please yourself,no replies from me again as I find you guys with your haughty chest beating beneath contempt.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Scare: Southern Cameroon Hate For The Igbo Led To Secession From Nigeria by fx45(m): 7:02pm On Jun 03, 2019
YungMillionaire:
Young Man, Igbos do not want to go any farther in your failed Nigerian space. They have categorically said they want out. Get that into your thick skull!

I no wan do again... Na by force?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Scare: Southern Cameroon Hate For The Igbo Led To Secession From Nigeria by YungMillionaire: 7:03pm On Jun 03, 2019
nextdoor84:

You are very correct bro! God bless you and your honest submission!! I will hope the very wise one would take note.

Thanks. God bless you too. Without honesty, we just end up fooling ourselves.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Scare: Southern Cameroon Hate For The Igbo Led To Secession From Nigeria by YungMillionaire: 7:05pm On Jun 03, 2019
fx45:
Young Man, Igbos do not want to go any farther in your failed Nigerian space. They have categorically said they want out. Get that into your thick skull!I no wan do again... Na by force?

Sorry. My post is not meant for those who are committed to dividing Nigerians. My post is meant for true Nigerian Igbos. They know themselves. You can quietly ignore my post. Thank you sir.
Re: Igbo Scare: Southern Cameroon Hate For The Igbo Led To Secession From Nigeria by Timmypromise(m): 7:07pm On Jun 03, 2019
Somebody said if not for war
Igbo land will be challenging Japan
War that have happen before nairaland existence
.. laugh out loud
Re: Igbo Scare: Southern Cameroon Hate For The Igbo Led To Secession From Nigeria by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jun 03, 2019
Hmm
Re: Igbo Scare: Southern Cameroon Hate For The Igbo Led To Secession From Nigeria by fx45(m): 7:10pm On Jun 03, 2019
YungMillionaire:
Sorry. My post is not meant for those who are committed to dividing Nigerians. My post is meant for true Nigerian Igbos. They know themselves. You can quietly ignore my post. Thank you sir.
There's no Nigerian Igbo. No Igbo belongs to the accursed Zoo. Light and darkness have nothing in common... Oil and water don't mix. All Igbos are Biafrans. Stop deceiving yourself

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Scare: Southern Cameroon Hate For The Igbo Led To Secession From Nigeria by YungMillionaire: 7:12pm On Jun 03, 2019
fx45:
[s]There's no Nigerian Igbo. No Igbo belongs to the accursed Zoo. Light and darkness have nothing in common... Oil and water don't mix. All Igbos are Biafrans. Stop deceiving yourself[/s]

STOP running your mouth. Millions of Igbos voted for Nigerian politicians just a few months ago. Those are the people I am talking to, not you. Kindly ignore. Thank you.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Scare: Southern Cameroon Hate For The Igbo Led To Secession From Nigeria by fx45(m): 7:16pm On Jun 03, 2019
YungMillionaire:
STOP running your mouth. Millions of Igbos voted for Nigerian politicians just a few months ago. Those are the people I am talking to, not you. Kindly ignore. Thank you.
Mumu there are thousands of Igbos and Yorubas casting their votes for British politicians in the UK. Does that make them Brits?

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Fear Of VP Osinbajo. The Reason Why They Are Scared Of The VP. PICTURES. / Timipre Sylva: Petroleum Industry Bill Ready For National Assembly / Oyingbo Bus Terminal Totally BRT Buses. Totally Destroyed. PICTURES.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.