Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,056 members, 7,814,631 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:36 PM

DJ Obi Pays Tribute To Father, 7 Years After His Death In Dana Plane Crash - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / DJ Obi Pays Tribute To Father, 7 Years After His Death In Dana Plane Crash (17447 Views)

Teni & Sister, Niniola Tributes To Father Who Was Assassinated 24 Years Ago / Omoruyi Loco Efe Remembers Sam Loco, His Late Father, 7 Years After His Death / SARS Officers Shot At DJ Obi’s Tyre Last Night (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

DJ Obi Pays Tribute To Father, 7 Years After His Death In Dana Plane Crash by EmagNig(m): 5:13am On Jun 04, 2019
Popular Nigerian DeeJay, DJ Obi has paid a touching tribute to his father, Dr. Levi Ajuonuma, 7 years after he lost his life in a Dana Air plane crash in Lagos.

7 years after dieing in plane crash, DJ Obi pays tribute to father

Levi, a media personality and the former Group General Manager of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, Public Affairs Division was among the 153 passengers that died in the ill-fated Dana Air plane crash on June 3rd 2012.

Taking to Instagram, his son, DJ Obi shared some powerful words as he remembers his father.

See what DJ Obi wrote below:

I was such a knuckle head, took so long to finish with school. And just when it happened, BOOM! Two weeks after you were gone.

To everyone reading this that still have their parents around. Hug them a lil tighter and longer.

To the families that lost loved ones on the Dana crash, we all know now that it never really gets easy, it never really goes away. But we thank God for the memories we have that keep us going.

To the new imo state governor Emeka Ihedioha . We rooted hard for you, so please do us a solid favor and remove our state name from those aircrafts. We can not and should not associate with such.

Growing into an adult has helped me understand how fickle the concept of time is. You can’t promise what you don’t have, so i can’t give you forever. 7 years already and it almost feels brand new, sometimes i intentionally fall asleep hoping to see you and talk. If only it were that easy.

The next generation has kicked off already. I hope to some extent you are proud of how we have been able to make it thru, cause i aint gonna lie, it’s been hard.

I MISS YOU DAD. The legendary DR. LEVI C AJUONUMA..... R.I.P

See video from scene of the crash:
https://lailasnews.com/7-years-after-dieing-in-plane-crash-dj-obi-pays-tribute-to-father/

4 Likes

Re: DJ Obi Pays Tribute To Father, 7 Years After His Death In Dana Plane Crash by FlirtyGist: 5:17am On Jun 04, 2019
Re: DJ Obi Pays Tribute To Father, 7 Years After His Death In Dana Plane Crash by amzee(m): 5:26am On Jun 04, 2019
OK
Re: DJ Obi Pays Tribute To Father, 7 Years After His Death In Dana Plane Crash by Emaax77(m): 5:49am On Jun 04, 2019
This is quite emotional. Tomorrow is never promised, so we should live today like it's all we've got.

20 Likes

Re: DJ Obi Pays Tribute To Father, 7 Years After His Death In Dana Plane Crash by itspzpics(m): 6:13am On Jun 04, 2019
Eeeyah
Re: DJ Obi Pays Tribute To Father, 7 Years After His Death In Dana Plane Crash by MrRhymes101(m): 7:31am On Jun 04, 2019
Take heart boss.... Wedding MC
Re: DJ Obi Pays Tribute To Father, 7 Years After His Death In Dana Plane Crash by naijaguy123456(m): 10:20am On Jun 04, 2019
Painful way to go .
Re: DJ Obi Pays Tribute To Father, 7 Years After His Death In Dana Plane Crash by Richdad50(m): 10:21am On Jun 04, 2019
shocked
Re: DJ Obi Pays Tribute To Father, 7 Years After His Death In Dana Plane Crash by henrydadon(m): 10:21am On Jun 04, 2019
May his soul continue to rest in peace.. Plane crash is on eof the worst ways to die

1 Like

Re: DJ Obi Pays Tribute To Father, 7 Years After His Death In Dana Plane Crash by Isoduwa(m): 10:22am On Jun 04, 2019
Emaax77:
This is quite emotional. Tomorrow is never promised, so we should live today like it's all we've got.

Each Time Every Time

1 Like

Re: DJ Obi Pays Tribute To Father, 7 Years After His Death In Dana Plane Crash by OTayobami(m): 10:22am On Jun 04, 2019
Me sef i pay tribute to my father's death after 4 years of sekpe crash

2 Likes

Re: DJ Obi Pays Tribute To Father, 7 Years After His Death In Dana Plane Crash by Rightchuks(m): 10:22am On Jun 04, 2019
SWITCH BRANDS OF YOUR DAILY CONSUMABLES AND PERSONAL EFFECTS ( TOOTHPASTE, SAOP, CREAM, ROLL ON, MOUTH FRESHENER, MAKE-UPS, MOST EFFECTIVE HEALTH SUPPS, PADS AND PANTY LINERS ETC) AND ENJOY A STABLE RISING WEEKLY PAYMENT!!!
ASK ME HOW ON WHATSAP 07032359095
Re: DJ Obi Pays Tribute To Father, 7 Years After His Death In Dana Plane Crash by prizlezzlalasky(f): 10:23am On Jun 04, 2019
I can relate... R I P to the dead... let love lead
Re: DJ Obi Pays Tribute To Father, 7 Years After His Death In Dana Plane Crash by lenghtinny(m): 10:23am On Jun 04, 2019
2012 is already seven years old yet it still feels like yesterday angry

3 Likes

Re: DJ Obi Pays Tribute To Father, 7 Years After His Death In Dana Plane Crash by Olufemiolaolu(m): 10:24am On Jun 04, 2019
So sad, may his soul continue to rest in peace
Re: DJ Obi Pays Tribute To Father, 7 Years After His Death In Dana Plane Crash by Lovelyn451(f): 10:24am On Jun 04, 2019
Rip
Re: DJ Obi Pays Tribute To Father, 7 Years After His Death In Dana Plane Crash by davies(m): 10:25am On Jun 04, 2019
Take heart bro. Be assured He's resting in peace amongst Angels..
I use to hear him on TV back in the early 2000,den I saw his name among the victim of the ill fated crash.
You're where he would have desired for you. Keep the flag flying high bro.
Accept my Condolences

2 Likes

Re: DJ Obi Pays Tribute To Father, 7 Years After His Death In Dana Plane Crash by NORSIYK(m): 10:28am On Jun 04, 2019
I still remember prof. Onwuliri.

May their souls rest in perfect peace

12 Likes

Re: DJ Obi Pays Tribute To Father, 7 Years After His Death In Dana Plane Crash by jaxxy(m): 10:32am On Jun 04, 2019
Levi Ajuonuma was his father? I never knew

3 Likes

Re: DJ Obi Pays Tribute To Father, 7 Years After His Death In Dana Plane Crash by kenbracey: 10:34am On Jun 04, 2019
I still remember the late Mr levi Ajounoma...the great tv personality (sunday panorama i think)...keep resting Sir

4 Likes

Re: DJ Obi Pays Tribute To Father, 7 Years After His Death In Dana Plane Crash by derealj(m): 10:49am On Jun 04, 2019
Wow it's been seven years already. I know Thefacelessman survived that crash. He should come and tell us how.
Re: DJ Obi Pays Tribute To Father, 7 Years After His Death In Dana Plane Crash by Customer80: 11:22am On Jun 04, 2019
Its quite painful to those of us who their parents have departed, no one to talk to, no one to seek advise from.
I cry each day over it, may God console us

4 Likes

Re: DJ Obi Pays Tribute To Father, 7 Years After His Death In Dana Plane Crash by Customer80: 11:24am On Jun 04, 2019
Customer80:
Its quite painful to those of us who their parents have departed, no one to talk to, no one to seek advise from.
I cry each day over it, may God console us
If your parents are still alive, hug them each day and tell them how much you love them

1 Like

Re: DJ Obi Pays Tribute To Father, 7 Years After His Death In Dana Plane Crash by adedayoa2(f): 11:33am On Jun 04, 2019
Levi
Re: DJ Obi Pays Tribute To Father, 7 Years After His Death In Dana Plane Crash by jbridges(f): 11:34am On Jun 04, 2019
Rest on sir
Re: DJ Obi Pays Tribute To Father, 7 Years After His Death In Dana Plane Crash by EdwardRandy(m): 11:44am On Jun 04, 2019
NORSIYK:
I still remember prof. Onwuliri.

May their souls rest in perfect peace
He was my VC back then in FUTO, may his soul continue to rest in peace.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Era Of A New Celebrity Musa Yar' Adua (yar' Adua's Son) / Jasmine Pius 1st Birthday Party: The Grand Entrance Of Mimi Orjiekwe's Daughter / Emeka Ike Is Against Legalizing Gay Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.