Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,607 members, 7,809,220 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:47 AM

Edo 2020: Benin People, Traditional Rulers Will Be Bought For Right Price To Sto - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo 2020: Benin People, Traditional Rulers Will Be Bought For Right Price To Sto (3221 Views)

Eko Row: Benin People ‘Owned’ Lagos, Awori Paid Royalties To Them - Erelu Abiola / Benin People Found Lagos — Oba of Benin / Buhari Reduces Petroleum Price To N125 Per Litre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edo 2020: Benin People, Traditional Rulers Will Be Bought For Right Price To Sto by okosunehis: 5:29pm On Jun 04, 2019
…says he did it before

The National Chairman of All Progressives Congress (APC) Comrade Adams Oshiomhole, has disparaged the highly revered Royal Palace of the Benin Monarch in his desperate move to stop Governor Godwin Obaseki from getting a second term in office.

Thumping his chest at a meeting with his jittery followers, amid growing calls from respected members of the APC on Oshiomhole to resign as chairman of the party, the former Edo State governor was quoted as saying that “Benin people including the traditional rulers will be bought for the right price.”

Dismissing the fears raised by some of his loyalists, particularly, the rising popularity of governor Obaseki among millions of Edo people, predicated on his sterling performance across all sectors of the state, the APC national chairman maintained that “the palace and the Benins lend their support on cash and carry basis to the highest bidder.”

A source at the meeting, who wouldn’t want his name mentioned said “Oshiomhole assured his loyalists that although the Benin speaking people in Edo South Senatorial District have over 54 per cent of the state's population, the people and their traditional rulers can be bought for the right price.

“The Benins are many but once you are playing the right music, once money is at stake, they are ready to play ball," our source quoted Oshiomhole as saying.

When asked how he plans to unseat Obaseki who is from a prominent Benin family with close ties with the palace of His Royal Majesty, Oba Ewuare II, Oshiomhole declared “I have done it before. I have won many of them to myself and as usual, money will do the magic against the Benins.”

The source further said that Oshiomhole described the revered Benin Monarch, other Benin traditional rulers and the Benins as “people that are available to be bought as long as the price is right.”

Re: Edo 2020: Benin People, Traditional Rulers Will Be Bought For Right Price To Sto by uwa1(m): 6:35pm On Jun 04, 2019
Source...
Re: Edo 2020: Benin People, Traditional Rulers Will Be Bought For Right Price To Sto by ogunsj: 6:45pm On Jun 04, 2019
uwa1:
Source...
some paid media agents are doing everything possible to pitch Oshiomhole against the palace. the writer keep saying the source, who is the faceless source? obaseki is doing well but he should calm down and not given to sycophants.
Re: Edo 2020: Benin People, Traditional Rulers Will Be Bought For Right Price To Sto by Unigrad: 7:57pm On Jun 04, 2019
If this happened to be true, listen very carefully Adams Oshiomole, I'm a fully grown Bini man, your useless money can buy my conscience either will it buy my vote.
The binis are solidly in support of governor Godwin Obaseki.

(1) (Reply)

President Buhari Sends Powerful Message To Dino Melaye / See What Dapo Abiodun Has Achieved In 10 Months / Uzodimma Storms Imo PDP Secretariat, Withdraws Vehicles IMSG Gifted To Party

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.