Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,530 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:20 AM

What Food Is Your Town Or State Known For? - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Food Is Your Town Or State Known For? (21374 Views)

What Food Aroma Can't You Resist? / What Food Makes You Purge? / What Food Do You Never Get Tired Of Eating (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Food Is Your Town Or State Known For? by lekzy01(m): 10:55pm On Sep 04, 2012
yoged: If you see Ijesha lady, make una give am iyan( pounded yam), coz if u no give am iyan ooo she go run away. .... We Ijesha are known for Pounded Yam.

Wow,, which part of ijesha do u belong to?...am originated from ilesha..ULESHA
Re: What Food Is Your Town Or State Known For? by Fhemmmy: 11:03pm On Sep 04, 2012
Clairette:

It appears you've never had someone prepare it nicely for u. I'm from Akwa Ibom n I can pound it gud n serve u right.It's not an everyday/week/month food. We have a special soup to go with it. Yamayama ke?

I know how to pound it too, still did the last time i was home for my parents, but i will never taste that thing, even if given to my dead body, he will jump and run.
Re: What Food Is Your Town Or State Known For? by Fhemmmy: 11:04pm On Sep 04, 2012
sigmundfreud:
Tah!...u mean my steamy hot aromated white iyan is yamayama?!
U must be the lagosized ara oke.
Abeg..help me find beta soup make i chop.

I just think if you wanna eat, go ahead, and if na water you feel like drinking, knock yourself out, how do you mix water and yam and then call it Pounded Yam . . . Yawkkkk
Re: What Food Is Your Town Or State Known For? by Fhemmmy: 11:07pm On Sep 04, 2012
lekzy01: Hahahahhaha, bro,,I catch u..u are an ijesha man..abi??

Yes oh . . . Ijesha to the core oh(That was why i started to follow you, cos you be my brother from a good place), but wont eat that stuff, gimme some nice Eba with Ogbona . . . . Then, i can top it with palm wine tongue
Re: What Food Is Your Town Or State Known For? by slimyem: 11:13pm On Sep 04, 2012
^ijesha ni ere!!cheesycheesy
Re: What Food Is Your Town Or State Known For? by Fhemmmy: 11:14pm On Sep 04, 2012
slimyem: ^ijesha ni ere!!cheesycheesy

Yes ke . .
Re: What Food Is Your Town Or State Known For? by lekzy01(m): 11:21pm On Sep 04, 2012
Fhemmmy:

Yes oh . . . Ijesha to the core oh(That was why i started to follow you, cos you be my brother from a good place), but wont eat that stuff, gimme some nice Eba with Ogbona . . . . Then, i can top it with palm wine tongue

That's awesome bro..just don't forget home o...ule ni ule eni o, home sweet home..peace be unto you, besides which part of ijesha do u belong to? I'm originated from Ilesha
Re: What Food Is Your Town Or State Known For? by Fhemmmy: 11:32pm On Sep 04, 2012
lekzy01:

That's awesome bro..just don't forget home o...ule ni ule eni o, home sweet home..peace be unto you, besides which part of ijesha do u belong to? I'm originated from Ilesha

Ilesha/Ijebu - Jesha
Re: What Food Is Your Town Or State Known For? by lekzy01(m): 11:43pm On Sep 04, 2012
Fhemmmy:

Ilesha/Ijebu - Jesha

Still the same..opa kan, ijesha kan.. Iyaraagbe..obokun agbe o, ogedengbe a gbe o..peace be unto u.
Re: What Food Is Your Town Or State Known For? by Fhemmmy: 11:53pm On Sep 04, 2012
lekzy01:

Still the same..opa kan, ijesha kan.. Iyaraagbe..obokun agbe o, ogedengbe a gbe o..peace be unto u.

Thanks, Chief and u too
Re: What Food Is Your Town Or State Known For? by prettyboi1(m): 12:46am On Sep 05, 2012
Where I'm from in benue state, na pounded yam 24/7 365 then we have :
Okoho soup,
Ohupi soup,
Ijangada soup
& some kain special bushmeat wey I no even know wetin their names be.lol,....that's all I remember 4 now
Re: What Food Is Your Town Or State Known For? by WAM1(f): 6:48am On Sep 05, 2012
Ikokore :-)
Re: What Food Is Your Town Or State Known For? by Revolva(m): 9:57am On Sep 05, 2012
GARRI AND GROUNDNUT With MILK ol boy come take chill pure water top am up - ur life will never be the same again
Re: What Food Is Your Town Or State Known For? by patrickmuf(m): 10:49am On Sep 05, 2012
Atimbo(calabar)- na only palm wine and dog meat we dey flex here...No tym 4 food
Re: What Food Is Your Town Or State Known For? by nlofficial(m): 12:11pm On Sep 05, 2012
Fhemmmy:

I just think if you wanna eat, go ahead, and if na water you feel like drinking, knock yourself out, how do you mix water and yam and then call it Pounded Yam . . . Yawkkkk

What are you saying? Have you been to Stella's kitchen before? In Computer village. All this your ranting of yamayama will just die.
Re: What Food Is Your Town Or State Known For? by Fhemmmy: 2:02pm On Sep 05, 2012
nl.official:

What are you saying? Have you been to Stella's kitchen before? In Computer village. All this your ranting of yamayama will just die.

I will wait till i see it, and be back here to say what i think, however, dont know when that will be.
But here is my question:
Do they still pound it in a mortar?
Do they still mix yam and water together in that mortar?
As long as they do, then, it is still yamayama
Re: What Food Is Your Town Or State Known For? by Elebiju: 4:19pm On Sep 05, 2012
Marugbo with fresh fish and pupuru,ogbulale, igbaba with Yam,igbaba with GARRI and finally GARRI with fish hmmmmmm me loves garri and eja dindin AYEMAFUGHE
Re: What Food Is Your Town Or State Known For? by rhymz(m): 9:05pm On Sep 05, 2012
nagoma:

I think Sokoto has one of the widest selection of foods and snacks in the country. Where are you in sokoto? In the prison ?
I am in Sabon Birnin, it is worse than a prison. If you claim that Sokoto has the highest selection of food and snacks then the other northern states are worst off. There is hardly any good food here both local or mainstream cuisines. I am yet to bring myself to taste any of the food here besides the ones I prepare. Thank God there are Igbo and Yoruba people here that bring food item from the south not planted in the north, I wonder how one would have survived on the awful food they eat here. Did I tell that the people are so very dirty? Geeez, these guys eat flies infested food, dont cover the food items they sell and drink Fura from thesame bowl they use in preparing it. Abeg, I would rather be in a prison walahi!
Re: What Food Is Your Town Or State Known For? by Ariyke: 11:55pm On Sep 05, 2012
ogun- lafun and ewedu
Re: What Food Is Your Town Or State Known For? by yoged(m): 8:21am On Sep 06, 2012
lekzy01:

Wow,, which part of ijesha do u belong to?...am originated from ilesha..ULESHA
. Am from Ilesa too. How is people of ilesa, oba Aromolaran of ijesa.. Do you still base there?
Re: What Food Is Your Town Or State Known For? by nagoma(m): 4:03pm On Sep 06, 2012
rhymz: I am in Sabon Birnin, it is worse than a prison. If you claim that Sokoto has the highest selection of food and snacks then the other northern states are worst off. There is hardly any good food here both local or mainstream cuisines. I am yet to bring myself to taste any of the food here besides the ones I prepare. Thank God there are Igbo and Yoruba people here that bring food item from the south not planted in the north, I wonder how one would have survived on the awful food they eat here. Did I tell that the people are so very dirty? Geeez, these guys eat flies infested food, dont cover the food items they sell and drink Fura from thesame bowl they use in preparing it. Abeg, I would rather be in a prison walahi!

That can be arranged (the prison), if it will make you feel better. But what are those southerners you mentioned doing in such an environment if they are any better?
Re: What Food Is Your Town Or State Known For? by 2mch(m): 2:56am On Sep 07, 2012
Ewa Agoyin, Agege Bread, Obokun(life changing experience), Akara, Frejon, dun dun, ejo elemi thousands,semo. etc. Any way you can make beans. We also have the best moin moin. Local stew grin. Our women make the tastiest meals. Sisi Eko's where are you. kiss
Re: What Food Is Your Town Or State Known For? by rhymz(m): 7:16am On Sep 07, 2012
nagoma:

That can be arranged (the prison), if it will make you feel better. But what are those southerners you mentioned doing in such an environment if they are any better?
Business and making the place livable for human beings that might be dragged there by work or some other important stuff. You think anyone with their clear eyes will want to live in Sokoto? Anyway, don't let us derail the thread, Sokoto is a facking boring place to live with very boring people that are obsessed with religious rights and rituals than to better their own lives. It is like the basis of their being, they are so facking docile to their own detriment. 80% of them are illiterate, they lack ambition and drive to succeed. I have never seen a people so at ease with poverty and lack in my life. Their politicians are even more corrupt, they exploit their "docile and foolish religious piety". Abeg don't get me started.
Re: What Food Is Your Town Or State Known For? by nagoma(m): 8:14am On Sep 07, 2012
rhymz: Business and making the place livable for human beings that might be dragged there by work or some other important stuff. You think anyone with their clear eyes will want to live in Sokoto? Anyway, don't let us derail the thread, Sokoto is a facking boring place to live with very boring people that are obsessed with religious rights and rituals than to better their own lives. It is like the basis of their being, they are so facking docile to their own detriment. 80% of them are illiterate, they lack ambition and drive to succeed. I have never seen a people so at ease with poverty and lack in my life. Their politicians are even more corrupt, they exploit their "docile and foolish religious piety". Abeg don't get me started.

Obviously an issue of different values. You are applying your own definition of success to different culture. You said religion " is like the basis of their being " but if you ask them they will tell you - it is the basis of their lives. All the material pocessions you classify as success are secondary to them. You will be surprised that lots of them are happier and more contented than you. Happiness is a fundamental craving in life and you know very well that doesn't mean ownership of wealth even in the materialistic greed driven societies we take as yardsticks. Please don't let this cultural shock affect your life. My advise to you is - try by all means to travel around the world and meet a variety of people and cultures , that will educate you.
Re: What Food Is Your Town Or State Known For? by freshcvv(m): 9:10am On Sep 07, 2012
Fhemmmy:

I will wait till i see it, and be back here to say what i think, however, dont know when that will be.
But here is my question:
Do they still pound it in a mortar?
Do they still mix yam and water together in that mortar?
As long as they do, then, it is still yamayama

When you eat yam, don't you drink water?
the poundo you're talking about as being your best, don't they use water and yam to do it?

what's the main difference between locally processed pounded yam and mechanically processed poundo yam?
Re: What Food Is Your Town Or State Known For? by rhymz(m): 9:27am On Sep 07, 2012
nagoma:

Obviously an issue of different values. You are applying your own definition of success to different culture. You said religion " is like the basis of their being " but if you ask them they will tell you - it is the basis of their lives. All the material pocessions you classify as success are secondary to them. You will be surprised that lots of them are happier and more contented than you. Happiness is a fundamental craving in life and you know very well that doesn't mean ownership of wealth even in the materialistic greed driven societies we take as yardsticks. Please don't let this cultural shock affect your life. My advise to you is - try by all means to travel around the world and meet a variety of people and cultures , that will educate you.
well, I understand all that moral sermon but that does not negate the fact that there is rife unwanted poverty amongst. Don't delude yourself assuming they are contented in such a deplorable state. That is the excuse that their politicians have continued to use to keep them in bondage. How is not being able to provide for yourself and family a contented way of life in any culture? As much as I acknowledge the cultural difference, it still does not negate the facts that most of the poverty is self inflicted. A people that have little regards for education, marry many wives even when they don't have the financial wherewithal to cater for them, a culture that supports the bearing of uncountable childrien with no serious plans for them is retrogressive and should not be encouraged. Do you know how much suffferings will be reduced if those underaged girls they marry off to old Hot hausa men were allowed to go to school and get better education.
This goes beyond cultural shock and I am not claiming that there is no poverty down south, my contention is that a larger part of the poverty pattern in the north is self-inflicted occassioned by daft religiuos and retrogressive cultural practices that should be phased out in any society that wishes to progress and develope.
I have been to places outside of Nigeria, Northern Nigeria especially the far North is one of the worst places with high incidences of avoidable poverty.
May be it is you that needs to broaden your horizon and realize that people have gone past the stage of indiscrimate bearing of childrien and underage marriage and retrogressive polygamy in the face of poverty.
My problem with educated northerners like yourself is that you do nothing to better the system, instead you exploit them and when queried you resort to this sort of response that seem to suggest that they relish in their lack and want.
Re: What Food Is Your Town Or State Known For? by nagoma(m): 1:51pm On Sep 07, 2012
@Rymz

I was wondering whether there was any need for me to respond to your stereotypical southern opinion about the situation in the north, I decided to give it a go. First of all I want to dispel the mischievous views of the condescending Southerners that they are more concerned about the social conditions of Northerners than all the NORTHERNERS themselves. You even went on to attest that I am not doing anything to change situations in my own way. I wonder who told you that, or is it part of the super education of the south that they can read minds of even people unknown to them and perhaps living hundreds of miles away. No , I think it is more of the I pass my neighbor arrogance of your type who have no sociological or historical knowledge of Nigeria as a whole. I am not holding a brief for the northern leaders , as a matter of fact If the present and past crop of northern governors are convicted by a courageous court aNd government , I want the punishment to be capital. If it is electric chair , I volunteer my service to the court . I will switch the chair on and I will do that gladly knowing very well the agony, anguish and misery they brought to innumerable communities.
As for your crocodile tears, I suggest you stop shedding it for the north. Even though the south might have advanced as you will find some social work to engage yourself in across the niger.you could for example form a group that can consel the southern youths of the dangers of drug courier business. The same group can dissuade mothers in the south from sending their daughters to italy for prostiitution. You could also for a vigilante group against kidnapping . As you must be it proficient you will perhaps look into advance fee fraud. I get their letters everyday asking me to send money and you know they are southern Nigerians .
Lastly if you have indeed travelled the world as claimed , I wonder what you are doing in Sabongari Birni where even I have not being to- and i have been to all the 36 states in Nigeria . not just passing thru - actually conducting business. A number of states I have visited more than ten times and not all are in the north.if on the other hand you are there for NYSC , I suggest that you stop. Moaning and whining - just go on and provide some service to your country. You are not the first corper and your melancholy will not make you the last;
rhymz: well, I understand all that moral sermon but that does not negate the fact that there is rife unwanted poverty amongst. Don't delude yourself assuming they are contented in such a deplorable state. That is the excuse that their politicians have continued to use to keep them in bondage. How is not being able to provide for yourself and family a contented way of life in any culture? As much as I acknowledge the cultural difference, it still does not negate the facts that most of the poverty is self inflicted. A people that have little regards for education, marry many wives even when they don't have the financial wherewithal to cater for them, a culture that supports the bearing of uncountable childrien with no serious plans for them is retrogressive and should not be encouraged. Do you know how much suffferings will be reduced if those underaged girls they marry off to old Hot hausa men were allowed to go to school and get better education.
This goes beyond cultural shock and I am not claiming that there is no poverty down south, my contention is that a larger part of the poverty pattern in the north is self-inflicted occassioned by daft religiuos and retrogressive cultural practices that should be phased out in any society that wishes to progress and develope.
I have been to places outside of Nigeria, Northern Nigeria especially the far North is one of the worst places with high incidences of avoidable poverty.
May be it is you that needs to broaden your horizon and realize that people have gone past the stage of indiscrimate bearing of childrien and underage marriage and retrogressive polygamy in the face of poverty.
My problem with educated northerners like yourself is that you do nothing to better the system, instead you exploit them and when queried you resort to this sort of response that seem to suggest that they relish in their lack and want.
so on your bike boy!
Re: What Food Is Your Town Or State Known For? by rhymz(m): 4:30pm On Sep 07, 2012
@Nagoma
Obviously, I am on your last nerve and yeah, I am not apologetic. In fact, if it will take harsh repremand and the truth to make your likes stand up to the ugly facts and do something, so be it!
Like I said before, I am not taking the position that the south is eldorada or having it way better niether is this a contest of "who better pass".
However, the difference is very clear in all cadres of developments between the North and the South and it is worrying. Especially if one considers the fact that the North is a part of Nigeria, whatever affects this part of Nigeria will surely find its way to haunt parts that have taken the initiative to move.
I am more concerned about the dizzying level of poverty in the north than the hurting of your ego and pride because most of it are self-inflicted and to some extent avoidable.
I accused you of not doing anything because your earlier statement or attempt to defend the status quo seemed to suggest that these people are contented with being poor, a wrong impression many Northerners give when confronted with the truth.
You can't tell Me that Amina does not wish to go to school and get some good education. Apparently, she never bargained to be forced into marriage (being exposed to sex and child birth) at the tender age of 14 and 15 years.
Encouraging a young Aliyu that is poor to marry more than one wife with countless childrien he has no plans for is not a culture to be encouraged. I am not against polygamy but it should be practised by a person that is financially capable to do so.
A religion that does not promote self-reliance and skills aquisitions through education, instead relies heavily on abstract religious promises to cater for the harsh realities of life is not a religion or culture to be supported.
A religion that seeks to bar everyone from talking about the problems and does nothing to address it is useless to the adherents.
The difference between those girls that prostitute in Italy and those boys that courier drugs abroad from the south is that they have a choice, the decision to do so is theirs. No culture or religion forced them into doing such, thesame can not be said for those almajiri childrien that roam about en mass in Shinkafi, Gusau, Sabon-Birnin bus-stops and co begging for what to eat yet their parents are in far away having sex with little girls and bringing more childrien to replace them.
The north is in denial of its problems that is why they can't seem to make any serious headway, it is all politics to them even though they are the worst hit in the scheme of things. To think that they have ruled and basterdized leadership process in this country makes me shudder.
You should be honest enough to admit your failings, instead of letting your arrogance to impair your sense of justice and fairness, who knows, you could have been one of these childrien that have been caught up by the balls and chains fetters of retrogressive and inhibitive culture and religion.
Re: What Food Is Your Town Or State Known For? by nagoma(m): 10:35pm On Sep 07, 2012
Your ignorance and narrow mindedness will not allow objectivity in your warped thinking. Your last sentence implies that I may be an almajiri or perhaps I am forced to have 4 wives as a young man. That allows me to suggest that you are perhaps moving drugs ( hidden in obscure corners of your body ) or you are sending out 419 messages from sabon Birni . To say that an almajiri is forced into demeaning and wasteful childhood is correct but to claim that drug peddling and prostiitution does not show any failure of upbringing and lack of moral values in a community is simply being economical with the truth. You have carefully evaded some of the issues brought out.
The north is backwards for a number of reasons and unless those two reasons are addressed no progress will be made and believe me it's only NORTHERNERS who can solve their problems . Never mind the rantings of " I know it al nobodies " like you who have to be in backward Sabon Birni for whatever reason.
1). The south has ealier contacts ( at least 50 years of close contact ahead) with the west before the north .
2) The north had at least 300 years of exposure to Islamic culture before coming of the Europeans .
3) the north due to historical reason of crusades , jihads and various conflicts between Christian and Islamic civilization has been severely " poisoned" against the west and their religion and this particular factor is what you fail to grasp so you think going to a modern western type education is so basic and easy to accept by all , Muslims or non Muslims.
4). With due respect the south had no serious exposure to any modern civilization and they accepted the west and Christianity relatively easily. Unlike the north ,They were not conservative ; but then - to be conservative , you have to have something to conserve !
5. The north started very well with it's first crop of per- independence leadership who were not selfish and definitely no where near where we are with corruption these days.
6. The hesitation of independence so early by the north was a major point of drawing hatred and rejection of NORTHERNERS by the SOUTHERNERS until this day, but the NORTHERNERS are vindicated because the union is not working. What should have happened in 1960 or ealier ( as SOUTHERNERS wanted) was to GI ve them there independence then and the north to continue it's planning until a few years later. We would have had different countries with different values and the igbo coup of 1966 would not have taken place or would be against some southern non Igbo tribes only.but it is never too late to divide Nigeria , I will support that and the north will in the long run be better off for it. I am not talking of the current oil wealth the elites are selfishly fighting for and for personal gains only. I am talking real long term.
7. Corruption does not recognize the north/ south boudry now . Saminu Turaki ( former Jigawa governor ) was perhaps as corrupt as James Ibori ( former governor of Delta State. But this affects the north more adversely as they need to do more.
You will remember in one of my posts I accused you of ignoring or being ignorant about history and culture and also refusing to see trends.
Finally , and in summary the south is not truly interested in the problems of the north as they also have their own. It is just crocodile tears and the " I pass my neighbor " arrogance.. The country should berthed be divided. Ther will be suffering in early years 10, 20 , 30 or more years but in the long run the northerner will find his way ,away from the enemy.
rhymz: @Nagoma
Obviously, I am on your last nerve and yeah, I am not apologetic. In fact, if it will take harsh repremand and the truth to make your likes stand up to the ugly facts and do something, so be it!
Like I said before, I am not taking the position that the south is eldorada or having it way better niether is this a contest of "who better pass".
However, the difference is very clear in all cadres of developments between the North and the South and it is worrying. Especially if one considers the fact that the North is a part of Nigeria, whatever affects this part of Nigeria will surely find its way to haunt parts that have taken the initiative to move.
I am more concerned about the dizzying level of poverty in the north than the hurting of your ego and pride because most of it are self-inflicted and to some extent avoidable.
I accused you of not doing anything because your earlier statement or attempt to defend the status quo seemed to suggest that these people are contented with being poor, a wrong impression many Northerners give when confronted with the truth.
You can't tell Me that Amina does not wish to go to school and get some good education. Apparently, she never bargained to be forced into marriage (being exposed to sex and child birth) at the tender age of 14 and 15 years.
Encouraging a young Aliyu that is poor to marry more than one wife with countless childrien he has no plans for is not a culture to be encouraged. I am not against polygamy but it should be practised by a person that is financially capable to do so.
A religion that does not promote self-reliance and skills aquisitions through education, instead relies heavily on abstract religious promises to cater for the harsh realities of life is not a religion or culture to be supported.
A religion that seeks to bar everyone from talking about the problems and does nothing to address it is useless to the adherents.
The difference between those girls that prostitute in Italy and those boys that courier drugs abroad from the south is that they have a choice, the decision to do so is theirs. No culture or religion forced them into doing such, thesame can not be said for those almajiri childrien that roam about en mass in Shinkafi, Gusau, Sabon-Birnin bus-stops and co begging for what to eat yet their parents are in far away having sex with little girls and bringing more childrien to replace them.
The north is in denial of its problems that is why they can't seem to make any serious headway, it is all politics to them even though they are the worst hit in the scheme of things. To think that they have ruled and basterdized leadership process in this country makes me shudder.
You should be honest enough to admit your failings, instead of letting your arrogance to impair your sense of justice and fairness, who knows, you could have been one of these childrien that have been caught up by the balls and chains fetters of retrogressive and inhibitive culture and religion.
Re: What Food Is Your Town Or State Known For? by Fhemmmy: 4:32am On Sep 08, 2012
freshcvv:

When you eat yam, don't you drink water?
the poundo you're talking about as being your best, don't they use water and yam to do it?

what's the main difference between locally processed pounded yam and mechanically processed poundo yam?

The difference is that i dont see the water being mixed into the poundo yam and the condition where it was made and processed, i dont see it, but when you see some people pouding and sweating and the people using hands to check if smooth or not, you will run.

And yes, i drink water after eating yam, but i dont mix them in my mouth . . . cool
Re: What Food Is Your Town Or State Known For? by FOREXMART(m): 4:12pm On Sep 10, 2012
mobf: Banga soup with starch.must be fish head. Kai kai to wash it down cool
lol
Re: What Food Is Your Town Or State Known For? by thweraja10: 8:14pm On Jan 15, 2015
Nigerians living in the UK, you can now get Nigerian foods, ingredients and recipes here http://www.nigerianfoods.com

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

A Shitty Experience / Ghanaian Artiste Throws Plantain, Yam And Hens To Crowd On Stage / Gold Spot, Parle Soda, And Limca: What Happened To Them?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.