Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,808 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:52 AM

I Love Dead Bodies Because They Are Humble - 57-Year-Old Mortuary Attendant - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Love Dead Bodies Because They Are Humble - 57-Year-Old Mortuary Attendant (668 Views)

My Flight Experience With A Flight Attendant / Trailer Crushes Soldier To Death In Abeokuta At Mortuary Junction / See How Dead Bodies Is Transported In Abia State Because Of Bad Road (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Love Dead Bodies Because They Are Humble - 57-Year-Old Mortuary Attendant by schoolnascam: 11:45am On Jun 05, 2019

A 57-year-old Ugandan man, Basil Enatu who has worked on dead bodies as a mortuary attendant for the past 32 years is one of those few men who don’t see anything wrong with working at the mortuary, and would choose it over any other job.

The father of 10 boys and two girls has been reportedly working at the Soroti Regional Referral Hospital in Uganda for not less than 32 years, and has narrated the challenges of his work and his motivation for doing it for over three decades.

He told Uganda's Daily Monitor: “at the time when I used to drink a local brew, people would not want to share a drinking straw or calabash with me. I also noticed a scenario where a vendor had to wash the tube I used for taking the brew using hot water. People do not even want to share a pot or shake hands with me” Enatu is quoted as saying.

Despite the challenges he stated, he still loves being a mortuary attendant, for which reason he has done it for years without getting fed up.

In his words, “I love working on bodies because they do not complain, do not fight, are humble, and are not trouble causers. After all, rich or poor, all are buried the same way by being lowered into the grave".

Cc: lalasticlala

Source: https://www.collinsuchendusblog.com/2019/06/i-loves-dead-bodies-because-they-are.html?m=1

Re: I Love Dead Bodies Because They Are Humble - 57-Year-Old Mortuary Attendant by schoolnascam: 11:53am On Jun 05, 2019
Re: I Love Dead Bodies Because They Are Humble - 57-Year-Old Mortuary Attendant by Bizmagnet: 11:55am On Jun 05, 2019
That is called passion and love for one's profession. Kudos to him but make he no dare Imo Mortuary ooo because na there ghost dey slap people. Lolz
Re: I Love Dead Bodies Because They Are Humble - 57-Year-Old Mortuary Attendant by Davash222(m): 12:12pm On Jun 05, 2019
Obviously, The man is comparing his wife with dead bodies. Lol
Re: I Love Dead Bodies Because They Are Humble - 57-Year-Old Mortuary Attendant by Jayslicky: 12:19pm On Jun 05, 2019
Working in the mortuary for 32years.
What kind of fvckery is that?
Oga slap yourself, bite yourself to confirm if you're not a colleague to the dead bodies.

1 Like

Re: I Love Dead Bodies Because They Are Humble - 57-Year-Old Mortuary Attendant by queengift(f): 12:26pm On Jun 05, 2019
If everyone will do his/her job with so much passion, then the world will be a better place.

(1) (Reply)

Qatar Work Visa / Outlived! / Many Feared Dead In A Fatal Accident In Ogun State (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.