Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,197 members, 7,811,516 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:28 PM

Things Men Should Do To Keep Their Homes - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Things Men Should Do To Keep Their Homes (2020 Views)

What Men Should Know About Pregnancy / Why Are Married Men Quiet And Condone Rubbish In Their Homes? / Do Not Make People Uncomfortable In Their Homes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Things Men Should Do To Keep Their Homes by keepingmum: 12:47pm On Jun 05, 2019
1. Stop acting like the battle is won in pursuing and getting to know your wife. Have fun together, just like you used to do before your wedding.

2. If your wife is a stay-at-home mom, stop treating her like her work during the day is somehow less strenuous or less important than yours.

3. Stop coming home from work and plopping in front of the television for the night, leaving your wife to bear the responsibility for everything else going on in the home.

4. Stop working so much. Find a healthy balance between work and family. Your wife would rather have you than a big house, nice car, etc.

5. Stop acting like you’re listening when you’re really watching TV.

6. Stop allowing the SPIRITUAL LEADERSHIP of the family to default to your wife.

7. Stop being passive when it comes to disciplining and training your kids.

8. Stop saying you know and understand what your wife is saying or feeling when you haven’t even listened to what she has to say.

9. Stop being a closed book. Open up to your wife. Don’t be afraid to show emotion.

10. Stop allowing your role as leader in the home to be an excuse for selfish behavior. Don’t forget that a true leader also SERVES.

11. Stop dishonoring your wife by criticizing her in front of your children/relatives or in public.

12. When you wife irritates you, don’t answer right away. Instead count to 10 and remember that she is a gift from God.

13. Stop using your size and strength and anger to intimidate your wife and children.

14. Stop using the word “divorce” in your vocabulary.

15. Don’t shy away from difficult conversations with your wife.

16. Stop saying you’ll do something and then procrastinating.

17. Don’t purchase any major item without first discussing it with your wife.

18. Don’t allow your eyes to linger on beautiful women who pass by. You can’t help the first look; it’s that second, longer look that you need to avoid. (And if your wife is with you, don’t lie to her and say you didn’t see that woman. Just admit you looked.)

19. Stop thinking, I know more than my wife. You and your wife will each have more knowledge than the other in certain areas.

20. Don’t assume you know what your wife is thinking. Ask her how she is feeling and why.

21. When your wife tells you about a problem she’s having, don’t immediately try to solve it. She may just need you to listen to her.

22. Stop the sarcasm. You may be trying to sound funny, but you’re only cutting down your wife, belittling her.

23. Stop treating your wife like a child. Remember that God has given her a wealth of experience and information that you need.

24. Stop acting like God and trying to control your wife.

25. Stop pointing out her mistakes and asking for explanations. Doing these things can make her feel like a failure.

26. Never casually or disrespectfully talk to other guys about sex with your wife and NEVER talk to your wife about your conquests.

27. Stop telling your wife that she is supposed to “submit” to you. If she is not following you, that means you’re not leading her as Christ loves the church.

28. Stop feeding your sexual desires from any source other than your wife - SIMPLY PUT - DO NOT CHEAT.

29. Don’t be alone with any woman who is not your wife or related to you.

30. Stop discussing deep-level issues with a woman who is not your wife or related to you - NOTHING LIKE BEST FRIEND with another woman, or becoming a "SHOULDER to LEAN on for another female going through challenges".

31. Stop deceiving your wife about your finances.

32. Don’t look up old girlfriends on Facebook or ANY OTHER Social media platform.

33. Stop putting a number on how often you should enjoy sexual intimacy.

34. Stop acting as if you have a GPS programmed into your brain. Before you go somewhere with your wife, get the right address and find out how to get there. If you are lost, don’t hesitate to get directions—from your smartphone map, even from a person - LET YOUR WIFE KNOW WHERE YOU ARE at everypoint, its not control - its wisdom - if anything bad happens, your family would know where to start looking from - especially in these end times.

35. Don’t make fun of your wife to your friends, inlaws or your extended family.

36. Don’t allow guy-only activities (like playing football, golf, basketball, etc.) to rob you of leisure time with your wife and kids.

37. Stop expecting your wife to do all the housework.

38. Stop saying, “Honey … can you get the kids to be quiet?” when the kids are being monsters. Get up and go quiet them down yourself! - THEY ARE ALSO YOUR CHILDREN

39. Stop putting all your stuff in the laundry basket and then acting as if you “did the laundry.”

40. Stop acting like buying groceries/foodstuff and cooking is a meal for the family is equal to fighting in the first world war.

Some will say that lists like these are “too negative”—that this is an example of “trashing” men. Here’s how I see it: If you are coaching your son’s sports team, you’re going to teach him a lot of positives—how to hit, how to throw, what base he should throw to when there are runners on first and second. But you also will need to get him to stop doing things—like swinging at bad pitches, or jogging to first base instead of sprinting.

Sometimes we need to know what not to do.

https://www.familylife.com/articles/topics/marriage/staying-married/husbands/40-things-husbands-should-stop-doing/

10 Likes

Re: Things Men Should Do To Keep Their Homes by Amanee(f): 1:17pm On Jun 05, 2019
If only most Nigerian men would Heed this
Re: Things Men Should Do To Keep Their Homes by ayobarmy(m): 1:20pm On Jun 05, 2019
Excuse me ma! Can you please elaborate on the number 6? Thanks
Re: Things Men Should Do To Keep Their Homes by sisisioge: 2:12pm On Jun 05, 2019
ayobarmy:

I think she meant that he shouldn't leave the wife to be the prayer warrior of the house alone. They should pray together.

Ndi Madam OP...the thing too long nau grin
Re: Things Men Should Do To Keep Their Homes by bukatyne(f): 2:15pm On Jun 05, 2019
ayobarmy:

The husband should be the priest of his home. The practice of wives leading the prayer altar, more spiritually conscious etc. is not right.
Re: Things Men Should Do To Keep Their Homes by bukatyne(f): 2:22pm On Jun 05, 2019

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things Men Should Do To Keep Their Homes by Bossjakande: 2:28pm On Jun 05, 2019
hmmm.
Re: Things Men Should Do To Keep Their Homes by ayobarmy(m): 2:44pm On Jun 05, 2019
bukatyne:

The husband should be the priest of his home. The practice of wives leading the prayer altar, more spiritually conscious etc. is not right.

Thanks, but this your list eeeehnnnn
Re: Things Men Should Do To Keep Their Homes by keepingmum: 2:52pm On Jun 05, 2019
ayobarmy:

Every good thing requires work , alot of time, effort, sleepless nights, determination and zeal - ask the successful billionaires and even very successful individuals around you -----how much more, your marriage.

3 Likes

Re: Things Men Should Do To Keep Their Homes by bukatyne(f): 2:53pm On Jun 05, 2019
ayobarmy:

My list ke?

I am not the OP and she got it from a source.

2 Likes

Re: Things Men Should Do To Keep Their Homes by ayobarmy(m): 2:57pm On Jun 05, 2019
bukatyne:

My list ke?

I am not the OP and she got it from a source.

Ma binu Jare....
Re: Things Men Should Do To Keep Their Homes by lilmax(m): 3:22pm On Jun 05, 2019
lol instead of my wife to act right and not irritate me, you are saying I should count 10 seconds, why she no count the 10 seconds ago? Smh

25. she needs a pat on the head for making a mistake? no wonder why people keep doing the same thing, hoping to be encouraged....nonsense

@30 coming from the gender who says men are insecure

this list is crap
Re: Things Men Should Do To Keep Their Homes by genq(m): 6:03pm On Jun 05, 2019
Very stupid list. So we should pet you simply because you got a hole between your legs?

32. Don’t look up old girlfriends on Facebook or ANY OTHER Social media platform.

Tell this to your fellow women who spend all day stalking ex-boyfriends on social media (fantasizing on what could've been) while comparing their pitiful existence with the fake lifestyle portrayed by their "friends".

1 Like

Re: Things Men Should Do To Keep Their Homes by YourCoffin: 6:50pm On Jun 05, 2019
40 and 2 are kind of contradicting themselves. Why should it be over-valued when a female does it and under-valued when a male does it?

In reality, the opposite of 20 is what they want you to do otherwise you are tagged as incompetent.

25 is wrong. Instead, they should be pointed out with care and with the aim of correction in mind.

33 is also wrong. The record will to a large extent help measure your capacity to comply to 28.

Aside these, the requests are reasonable....
Re: Things Men Should Do To Keep Their Homes by weyreypey: 4:29am On Jun 10, 2019
keepingmum:
1. Stop acting like the battle is won in pursuing and getting to know your wife. Have fun together, just like you used to do before your wedding.

2. If your wife is a stay-at-home mom, stop treating her like her work during the day is somehow less strenuous or less important than yours.

3. Stop coming home from work and plopping in front of the television for the night, leaving your wife to bear the responsibility for everything else going on in the home.

4. Stop working so much. Find a healthy balance between work and family. Your wife would rather have you than a big house, nice car, etc.

5. Stop acting like you’re listening when you’re really watching TV.

6. Stop allowing the SPIRITUAL LEADERSHIP of the family to default to your wife.

7. Stop being passive when it comes to disciplining and training your kids.

8. Stop saying you know and understand what your wife is saying or feeling when you haven’t even listened to what she has to say.

9. Stop being a closed book. Open up to your wife. Don’t be afraid to show emotion.

10. Stop allowing your role as leader in the home to be an excuse for selfish behavior. Don’t forget that a true leader also SERVES.

11. Stop dishonoring your wife by criticizing her in front of your children/relatives or in public.

12. When you wife irritates you, don’t answer right away. Instead count to 10 and remember that she is a gift from God.

13. Stop using your size and strength and anger to intimidate your wife and children.

14. Stop using the word “divorce” in your vocabulary.

15. Don’t shy away from difficult conversations with your wife.

16. Stop saying you’ll do something and then procrastinating.

17. Don’t purchase any major item without first discussing it with your wife.

18. Don’t allow your eyes to linger on beautiful women who pass by. You can’t help the first look; it’s that second, longer look that you need to avoid. (And if your wife is with you, don’t lie to her and say you didn’t see that woman. Just admit you looked.)

19. Stop thinking, I know more than my wife. You and your wife will each have more knowledge than the other in certain areas.

20. Don’t assume you know what your wife is thinking. Ask her how she is feeling and why.

21. When your wife tells you about a problem she’s having, don’t immediately try to solve it. She may just need you to listen to her.

22. Stop the sarcasm. You may be trying to sound funny, but you’re only cutting down your wife, belittling her.

23. Stop treating your wife like a child. Remember that God has given her a wealth of experience and information that you need.

24. Stop acting like God and trying to control your wife.

25. Stop pointing out her mistakes and asking for explanations. Doing these things can make her feel like a failure.

26. Never casually or disrespectfully talk to other guys about sex with your wife and NEVER talk to your wife about your conquests.

27. Stop telling your wife that she is supposed to “submit” to you. If she is not following you, that means you’re not leading her as Christ loves the church.

28. Stop feeding your sexual desires from any source other than your wife - SIMPLY PUT - DO NOT CHEAT.

29. Don’t be alone with any woman who is not your wife or related to you.

30. Stop discussing deep-level issues with a woman who is not your wife or related to you - NOTHING LIKE BEST FRIEND with another woman, or becoming a "SHOULDER to LEAN on for another female going through challenges".

31. Stop deceiving your wife about your finances.

33. Stop putting a number on how often you should enjoy sexual intimacy.

34. Stop acting as if you have a GPS programmed into your brain. Before you go somewhere with your wife, get the right address and find out how to get there. If you are lost, don’t hesitate to get directions—from your smartphone map, even from a person - LET YOUR WIFE KNOW WHERE YOU ARE at everypoint, its not control - its wisdom - if anything bad happens, your family would know where to start looking from - especially in these end times.

35. Don’t make fun of your wife to your friends, inlaws or your extended family.

36. Don’t allow guy-only activities (like playing football, golf, basketball, etc.) to rob you of leisure time with your wife and kids.

37. Stop expecting your wife to do all the housework.

38. Stop saying, “Honey … can you get the kids to be quiet?” when the kids are being monsters. Get up and go quiet them down yourself! - THEY ARE ALSO YOUR CHILDREN

39. Stop putting all your stuff in the laundry basket and then acting as if you “did the laundry.”

40. Stop acting like buying groceries/foodstuff and cooking is a meal for the family is equal to fighting in the first world war.

Some will say that lists like these are “too negative”—that this is an example of “trashing” men. Here’s how I see it: If you are coaching your son’s sports team, you’re going to teach him a lot of positives—how to hit, how to throw, what base he should throw to when there are runners on first and second. But you also will need to get him to stop doing things—like swinging at bad pitches, or jogging to first base instead of sprinting.

Sometimes we need to know what not to do.

https://www.familylife.com/articles/topics/marriage/staying-married/husbands/40-things-husbands-should-stop-doing/

This list ehn oya gazzuzz come and learn
Re: Things Men Should Do To Keep Their Homes by weyreypey: 4:30am On Jun 10, 2019
sisisioge:

I think she meant that he shouldn't leave the wife to be the prayer warrior of the house alone. They should pray together.

Ndi Madam OP...the thing too long nau grin
Are you shopping for a man? Since 2016!!
Re: Things Men Should Do To Keep Their Homes by sisisioge: 5:55am On Jun 10, 2019
weyreypey:

Are you shopping for a man? Since 2016!!

I'm buying men...since 1805 tongue
Re: Things Men Should Do To Keep Their Homes by weyreypey: 6:01am On Jun 10, 2019
sisisioge:

I'm buying men...since 1805 tongue
ladymercedes take am easy
Re: Things Men Should Do To Keep Their Homes by sisisioge: 6:02am On Jun 10, 2019
weyreypey:

ladymercedes take am easy

Na ladyrangerover I go like be o grin
Re: Things Men Should Do To Keep Their Homes by weyreypey: 6:20am On Jun 10, 2019
sisisioge:

Na ladyrangerover I go like be o grin
You dey target sooperrescue ni?

(1) (Reply)

About To Marry? Check Your Genotype And Blood Group Compatibility! / Should I Allow My New Wife Take This Job / Training Your Wife To Be Through School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.