Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,473 members, 7,816,118 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:28 AM

ANALYSIS: Oshiomhole In Survival Battle As Plot To Unseat Him Thickens - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ANALYSIS: Oshiomhole In Survival Battle As Plot To Unseat Him Thickens (1420 Views)

Oshiomhole In Vigorous Workout (Pictures) / Presidency Keeps Watch On El-Rufai As Plot To Scuttle APC Convention Thickens / Gbajabiamila: Sanwo-Olu Is Doing Well, I’ve No Plan To Unseat Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ANALYSIS: Oshiomhole In Survival Battle As Plot To Unseat Him Thickens by vegafbs: 3:44pm On Jun 05, 2019
SOURCE: https:///2JYYXjd

Mr. Adams Oshiomhole, Chairman of All Progressives Congress, APC, has fallen out of favour with some stakeholders of the ruling party, hence, the need to go the extra mile in the struggle to retain his position.

As more people are embracing the Oshiomhole-must-resign campaign, which was launched recently by the party’s Deputy National Chairman North, Sen. Lawal Shuaibu, the future of the Chairman’s position in the party remains uncertain.

Moreover, Chairman’s effort to counter calls for his resignation has suffered a setback when his predecessor, Mr. John Oyegun, joined the anti-Oshiomhole’s forces and described him as an incompetent leader and agent of destabilization in the ruling party.

The erstwhile Chairman also urged his successor to take the blame for the APC’s electoral misfortune and other problems currently bedeviling the party, adding that he was unfit to remain in office as the party’s Chairman.
Oyegun joined the fray when the National Chairman’s allies accused him of hatching the plot for Oshiomhole’s downfall and laying landmines on his path.

The Chairman’s current predicament is the repercussion of the defeat, which the ruling party suffered in some states in the last general elections.

Zamfara and six other states under the ruling party’s control before the general elections were taken by the opposition Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, which triggered the calls for Oshiomhole’s resignation.

APC, under Oshiomhole lost Adamawa, Bauchi, Benue, Imo, Sokoto and Oyo states respectively; and suffered disqualification in Rivers and Zamfara States, which was blamed on ego as well as the inability of the party’s leadership to halt the internal crisis in the affected states at its early stage.

A source revealed that some aggrieved members of the ruling party faulted Oshiomhole’s dictatorial style of leadership, blaming him for the calamity that befell the party in the affected states.

This allegation was on Sunday confirmed by Oyegun, “Oshiomhole fails because he lacks the temperament required to run a political party. He lacks the capacity to manage different interests and tendencies that constitute a political party. He engages his mouth before engaging his mind, so he offends party members.”

Those in the know argue that rather than toe the path of justice and fairness, the Chairman allowed his former colleagues (ex- governors) in some states to disregard due process in selecting the candidates for the various elective positions.

Analysts are of the opinion that the leadership of the incoming National Assembly is another reason for the current campaign to unseat Oshiomhole.

His opponents are not happy with the zoning arrangement as announced by the party’s chair, which zoned the offices of Senate President and Speaker, House of Representatives to individuals instead of allowing the aspirants to test their popularity among their colleagues when the 9th National Assembly is proclaimed this month.

Apart from Shuaibu, other stakeholders that want the Chairman to vacate his seat are former governor of Sokoto State, Yahaya Abdulkarim and the immediate past Minister of Communication, Mr. Adebayo Shittu.
Shuaibu, had in a letter to Oshiomhole berated him for creating the problem that led to the painful loss of a sitting APC Government in Zamfara State. His claim was contained in a letter entitled, “APC: It’s Fortunes Vs Misfortunes, Time To Act!”

He said, “In advanced democracies, people who fail to add value or build over and above what they met on assumption of duty show some civilized examples, they honourably bow out.

“In that connection, therefore, I want to advise you to take the path of honour, to step aside and allow the party to embark on the onerous task of reconstruction and rehabilitation.”

“You cannot exonerate yourself from blame on what happened to APC, Zamfara State, thereby destroying the hopes and aspirations of 534,541 APC members and supporters,” he said.

In the same way, Abdulkarim agreed with Shuaibu, saying that the Chairman has, indeed, failed in the task of leading the party.

Abdulkarim said, “I am 100 per cent in support of the call for Oshiomhole to step down for the party to have good leadership that will lead it to its progress.The party’s national Chairman is supposed to lead the party to capture more states, give it right leadership and direction. The essence of politics and political party is to win elections; if it fails then it is not a party.”

According to Abdulkarim, Oshiohmole had met APC leading in 26 states, but ended up losing many of the states to the opposition. “Losing control in six states is too much a blow for members to bear. If Oshiomhole does not quit, the APC will be dead by 2023,” he said.

Shittu, on his part, endorsed the call for the resignation of the Chairman, stressing that allowing him to remain in office would mark the end of the party before the next general elections.

He said, “I endorse it. The truth is that with Oshiomhole, this party would go down by the time President Muhammadu Buhari finishes.

Re: ANALYSIS: Oshiomhole In Survival Battle As Plot To Unseat Him Thickens by alonzoiv(m): 3:47pm On Jun 05, 2019
Black short man devil
Re: ANALYSIS: Oshiomhole In Survival Battle As Plot To Unseat Him Thickens by Garubarasheed(m): 5:34pm On Jun 05, 2019
[for your information there is no man born of a woman can remove my comrade from that position. thank God they no him very well here in Edo state , 20 oyegu can not raise oshomhole's one leg ,As a national chairman of Apc OYEGU could not win his pulling unit where he voted now you are talking to a man who won the entire Edo north PDP did not record one vote in his pulling unit . I want to advice online readers don't always believe what ever you see online OSHO GINGER NO BE SMALL PIKI MATE TRY AM YOU SEE PEPER.

As for Obaseki his owne is coming. I rest my case.

1 Like

Re: ANALYSIS: Oshiomhole In Survival Battle As Plot To Unseat Him Thickens by kernel01: 7:04pm On Jun 05, 2019
Garubarasheed:
[for your information there is no man born of a woman can remove my comrade from that position. thank God they no him very well here in Edo state , 20 oyegu can not raise oshomhole's one leg ,As a national chairman of Apc OYEGU could not win his pulling unit where he voted now you are talking to a man who won the entire Edo north PDP did not record one vote in his pulling unit . I want to advice online readers don't always believe what ever you see online OSHO GINGER NO BE SMALL PIKI MATE TRY AM YOU SEE PEPER.

As for Obaseki his owne is coming. I rest my case.

If a party Chairman cannot foster peace and equity, he's far from it. Under Adam, APC has got lots of litigations, crisis and loses. Diplomacy makes a father.
Re: ANALYSIS: Oshiomhole In Survival Battle As Plot To Unseat Him Thickens by HzRF(m): 8:00pm On Jun 05, 2019
Add osun state

Cause by God's grace justice Will prevail
Re: ANALYSIS: Oshiomhole In Survival Battle As Plot To Unseat Him Thickens by rioemmanuel(m): 8:30pm On Jun 05, 2019
The simple solution that helps fight against all form of body pain and arthritis. This solution has saved thousands of people

Click the link below

www.healthboard.com.ng/painrelief
Re: ANALYSIS: Oshiomhole In Survival Battle As Plot To Unseat Him Thickens by Paperwhite(m): 8:43pm On Jun 05, 2019
grin Oshiomole! Another dog want eat dog.

(1) (Reply)

See The Names Of Till Date / Ehanire: Buhari’s Government The Most Sincere Nigeria Has Ever Had / IPOB, Nnamdi KANU Runs Mad, Frustrated Over South South Rejection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.