Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,523 members, 7,837,002 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:38 PM

US Customs Seizes $15,860 Undeclared Cash From Nigerian Couple - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / US Customs Seizes $15,860 Undeclared Cash From Nigerian Couple (39524 Views)

Customs Seizes $8 Million At Lagos International Airport / Customs Seizes Truckload Of Weapons, Codeine, Tramadol In Imo (Photo) / Customs Seizes Range Rover & Other Cars In Ogun (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Customs Seizes $15,860 Undeclared Cash From Nigerian Couple by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jun 05, 2019
Admin401:
So, you are complaining that they didn't arrest you the second time? I really can't understand your thought process here. It's either you're one self destructive person wishing harm on yourself, or you're just trying to show off that you travel to and from US.

Frankly I would have arrested him for the first offense.

No legitimate traveller fails to remember how much he's traveling with.
Re: US Customs Seizes $15,860 Undeclared Cash From Nigerian Couple by stanley000: 9:05pm On Jun 05, 2019
grin grin further proof the govt is a big scam. They released the couple with 4000dolls. Translation; give me your money, take transport fair and be gone already cool cool
Re: US Customs Seizes $15,860 Undeclared Cash From Nigerian Couple by KingOfAllIgbos: 9:06pm On Jun 05, 2019
Afobear:

Afobear to his useless father :
You say ? But is it your own or your ogbomosho skull miner dad's? Ashawo by attachment

If you are so daft you can't even post a relevant GIF, i have no solution to your wahala.

Go and take Sniper if you are also pained grin grin grin

Re: US Customs Seizes $15,860 Undeclared Cash From Nigerian Couple by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jun 05, 2019
YorubaWarrior:

My point is it's simply "Systematic Prejudice". They just pick on anyone. Declaring isn't a biggie tho, but at least 80% of Passengers with >$10K don't.

Btw... Travelling or living in the U.S has no bearing on my life. Who cares? Does any of my posts suggest that? it's just an experience.

I'm pretty sure people from other races get arrested for this particular crime in the airports, but why should Nairaland report it? They're not Nigerians, and you don't know for sure that it's only Nigerians getting arrested. I don't even mind if Nigerians are the major suspects in airports, but stop painting a picture that just isn't true.

1 Like

Re: US Customs Seizes $15,860 Undeclared Cash From Nigerian Couple by engrchykae(m): 9:09pm On Jun 05, 2019
Americans want the money. customs in Nigeria and in America seem to be the same
Re: US Customs Seizes $15,860 Undeclared Cash From Nigerian Couple by alezzy13: 9:16pm On Jun 05, 2019
Na WA o! So those border security guys actually go thru people purses and wallets and count how much one carries? shocked

That's serious!
Re: US Customs Seizes $15,860 Undeclared Cash From Nigerian Couple by Justiceleague1: 9:20pm On Jun 05, 2019
Bragalane:
kiss

You have no ide what regret your father goes tru ah ing to cope he gave birth to a lunatic of this proportion. I weep for your family.

Pained

grin
Re: US Customs Seizes $15,860 Undeclared Cash From Nigerian Couple by Afobear: 9:21pm On Jun 05, 2019
KingOfAllIgbos:

If you are so daft you can't even post a relevant GIF, i have no solution to your wahala.

Go and take Sniper if you are also pained grin grin grin

Editing won't help your fhoolish skull miner deadbeat dad

1 Like

Re: US Customs Seizes $15,860 Undeclared Cash From Nigerian Couple by Nobody: 9:22pm On Jun 05, 2019
Generalwoodz:
From the post it says the CBP seizes $290,000 daily

On my Gawd!!!

Pls nairalanders How do I join CBP?

Provide your own FAKE CBP uniform -Naija way- and forward march to the airport and take your position. LOL!

1 Like

Re: US Customs Seizes $15,860 Undeclared Cash From Nigerian Couple by yelei(m): 9:27pm On Jun 05, 2019
lipsrsealed c business ooo

On a typical day, CBP seizes an average of about $290,000 in unreported or illicit currency along the nation’s borders.

https://lailasnews.com/us-customs-seize-15860-undeclared-cash-from-nigerian-couple/

[/quote]
Re: US Customs Seizes $15,860 Undeclared Cash From Nigerian Couple by KingOfAllIgbos: 9:34pm On Jun 05, 2019
Afobear:

Afobear to his homosexual father:

Editing won't help your fhoolish skull miner deadbeat dad

Try to vary your vocab. I need another fresh bucket of your hot tears cheesy cheesy cheesy

Re: US Customs Seizes $15,860 Undeclared Cash From Nigerian Couple by oduademonest: 9:40pm On Jun 05, 2019
Ncan, are they Igbos?
Re: US Customs Seizes $15,860 Undeclared Cash From Nigerian Couple by Trutherme: 9:43pm On Jun 05, 2019
One mistake I don't make. You can't bribe US officials. cheesy cheesy
Re: US Customs Seizes $15,860 Undeclared Cash From Nigerian Couple by martineverest(m): 9:49pm On Jun 05, 2019
gypsey:
who da hell carries such Amount of cash on them Anyway?

They could have used their credit cards.
lawbreakers do that
Re: US Customs Seizes $15,860 Undeclared Cash From Nigerian Couple by chosenwan1(m): 9:57pm On Jun 05, 2019
I understand this people are strict with their laws not like this poo hole. However, it is morally wrong to take someones money when you know such monies will still be spent in your country. Why not just charge a small fine for their crime according to the amount undeclared in lieu of taking such a huge chunk. Greedy goats, someones sweat!

3 Likes

Re: US Customs Seizes $15,860 Undeclared Cash From Nigerian Couple by seangy4konji: 11:27pm On Jun 05, 2019
It does not change the fact that trump is on a path of war and presently in Europe trying.to rally england,France and northern Ireland to b on his side incase.. He is pulling out all cruise ships from Cuba,he is building border of mexico,he is fighting China with huaowei,he does not want Ireland to buy 5g from huawei,he com deh travel around england running helter skelter to ruin China..China and Putin are solidifying ties..why now he know he has to go to Ireland and England when he knows they want to support the 5 g fr China..licking foot..shaking France president like a nigger..the guy is a boot licker.

This same.president is enemy with Iran,Russia,China,Cuba and the congress is fighting for him not to sell as to the GCC

He thinks arming uae,Saudi and its fake allies will make Russia not destroy those ones in a month...cos Qatar does not support his tyrancy,they have been put on embargo from the GCC by Egypt,Saudi,use,Oman for two years and they are adjusting..

800000 bookings affected due to the Cuban crisis. Cuba that Obama restored peace between both countries..

War is looming and I am telling you this for fact

USA will loose this war...China,north Korea,Russia,will destroy all the allies he thinks he has.thwyqill go into extiction..

Why is he I'm Europe now again rallying against Britain and Europe not going 5g?

Egungun be careful..he is a fool.

China and Russia bracing fr sanctions and says they are loyal to each other. Tarrifs is your weapon to make government bend to your will right

What a bully..
Re: US Customs Seizes $15,860 Undeclared Cash From Nigerian Couple by Sprumbaba: 2:39am On Jun 06, 2019
YorubaWarrior:
The funny thing is they're biased with this thing. Many people travel with >$10K everytime and never had to report their cash whereas they just randomly pick on pple. Pure Systematic Prejudice! angry

I was on my way home 2yrs ago to 9ja and, while on-boarding the plane, a K-9 sniffer dog sniffed me and was asked to strip in a private room. I was asked the amt with me which I revealed. Every single amount was manually counted. They later found some change in my back pocket and told me everything could have been forfeited cuz of the change (<$80).

Last year on my trip to 9ja, I even had way more and no sniffer dog, no hassle, I went without any obstruction.

Those dogs are trained to sniff cash
Re: US Customs Seizes $15,860 Undeclared Cash From Nigerian Couple by t2luv1: 3:25am On Jun 06, 2019
somehow:
Chai.$15k just like that.

They will get the money once they can show how the money was made. Hopefully they are not citizen because if they are here comes the IRS.
Re: US Customs Seizes $15,860 Undeclared Cash From Nigerian Couple by YorubaWarrior: 3:37am On Jun 06, 2019
Sprumbaba:

Those dogs are trained to sniff cash

Yes bro. Either wads or stash of cash... there's a unique reaction from the dogs at every of those smells. They'll also react differently if it was drugs and stuff.
Re: US Customs Seizes $15,860 Undeclared Cash From Nigerian Couple by lesson44: 4:26am On Jun 06, 2019
YorubaWarrior:
The funny thing is they're biased with this thing. Many people travel with >$10K everytime and never had to report their cash whereas they just randomly pick on pple. Pure Systematic Prejudice! angry

I was on my way home 2yrs ago to 9ja and, while on-boarding the plane, a K-9 sniffer dog sniffed me and was asked to strip in a private room. I was asked the amt with me which I revealed. Every single amount was manually counted. They later found some change in my back pocket and told me everything could have been forfeited cuz of the change (<$80).

Last year on my trip to 9ja, I even had way more and no sniffer dog, no hassle, I went without any obstruction.

What is prejudice about it? The law is the law. Mind you, when next you are caught you might not be lucky. I am sure they have documented the first time. So you can't claim ignorant.
By the way, it happens to me before at Chicago Airport.
Re: US Customs Seizes $15,860 Undeclared Cash From Nigerian Couple by Justiceleague1: 4:42am On Jun 06, 2019
grin
Re: US Customs Seizes $15,860 Undeclared Cash From Nigerian Couple by izzieman: 5:22am On Jun 06, 2019
AllenSpencer:
I die dere.

Make dem give me back my money and deport me.

Maybe na illegal money na im do dem no declare am.
Re: US Customs Seizes $15,860 Undeclared Cash From Nigerian Couple by Originalsly: 5:32am On Jun 06, 2019
YorubaWarrior:

My point is it's simply "Systematic Prejudice". They just pick on anyone. Declaring isn't a biggie tho, but at least 80% of Passengers with >$10K don't.

Btw... Travelling or living in the U.S has no bearing on my life. Who cares? Does any of my posts suggest that? it's just an experience.

How is it systematic prejudice? From your own account the dog singled you out.... most likely a narco dog. If you are not a first time traveler as you suggest then you should know they will put you under the microscope....that's routine. So why all this mouth?... and claim of prejudice?...and you are soooo bold and smart to travel again with more cash than declared? Clap for yourself.
@ topic... smart couple... so they believe.... most likely did it before....or the type that it is against their nature to follow the law.... they would be uncomfortable if they follow all the rules. Some people have to pay to learn... the US is very good at making you do that.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Racist Woman Confesses She Lied Sixty Two Years Later / Fleeing Nigerians Arrested In China, As Police Operatives Storm Market / Police Kill Kidnappers In A Forest In Ikom, Cross River (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.