Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,598 members, 7,955,194 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:17 PM

Parents Cry Over Abducted School Pupils - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Parents Cry Over Abducted School Pupils (2387 Views)

Bringback Our Ikorodu Abducted School Girls / BIAFRA: Nnamdi Kanu’s Parents Cry, “we’re Not Sure If Our Son Is Still Alive” / 15 Abducted School Children Freed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Parents Cry Over Abducted School Pupils by oludashmi(f): 9:35am On Sep 30, 2010
Except for the presence of some troubled parents, Abayi International School, Aba, Abia State, was empty yesterday.

The school has been in a mourning mood since last Monday when 15 of its pupils were kidnapped by unknown gunmen who are demanding N40 million ransom.

Thirteen parents were at the premises yesterday. They cut a pitiful picture as they stood under trees, discussing their ordeal and awaiting information on their wards.
They spoke about their children’s health and prayed for their release.

According to one of the parents, his child is asthmatic and uses a particular drug for the condition.
"How has my child been coping without his drugs," he said, pleading not to be named.

Aba, the state’s commercial centre, was struggling yesterday to free itself from the hangover of the pupils’ kidnap. The city was quiet.

Banks, private schools and big businesses have closed down, apparently scared by the spate of kidnap cases.

Unknown gunmen hijacked a bus-load of pupils who were on their way to school in Aba last Monday. They took the pupils of Abayi International School, Osisiona, away to an unknown destination. The children were yet to be released last night. The President has ordered security agents to find them.

This is the fifth time in four months that banks have shut their offices, following incessant kidnapping. Customers were disappointed.

The abductors have increased their N20 million ransom to N40 million.

Major streets in the "Enyimba City" were deserted, with only a few buses and tricycles running. Private car owners parked their cars for the fear of the unknown.

Shops and markets were locked yesterday.
Commercial banks started the protest. They locked their gates and told customers to come back in one week.

Schools, especially private ones, did not open yesterday as parents kept their children indoors. Government school pupils did not show up yesterday.
http://thenationonlineng.net/web3/news/14794.html
Re: Parents Cry Over Abducted School Pupils by oludashmi(f): 9:40am On Sep 30, 2010
oludashmi:

According to one of the parents, his child is asthmatic and uses a particular drug for the condition.
"How has my child been coping without his drugs,
" he said, pleading not to be named.
l

I just hope nothing happen to all those innocent kids both those on drug and others. What will they be feeding on? What about the environment etc?

How will these parents celebrate the "Golden Jubilee" in this situation? cry cry Very pathetic, honestly
Re: Parents Cry Over Abducted School Pupils by Nobody: 9:46am On Sep 30, 2010
I just pray nothing bad has happened to that asthmatic child .
Re: Parents Cry Over Abducted School Pupils by oludashmi(f): 10:00am On Sep 30, 2010
And you know how kids cry for their parents, they would have cried their lifes out. But where would they have kept them that the police could not locate them even with their cries? I just hope they dont drug them to sleep cos those guyz are very mean.

And yet all these leaders are busy planning for celebration after which they will have time for those poor kids instead of declaring a state of emergency
Re: Parents Cry Over Abducted School Pupils by ifyalways(f): 10:13am On Sep 30, 2010
So those kids are Yet to be released?Very sad.
Aba's Problem did not start today.From way back,it has always been Ndi Maf(Osusu boys etc) to Ndi akpo obi(ulo elu,ngwa road,clifford road,Milverton)girls were abducted on the streets in broad daylight and no-one dares talk.
The Politicians,biz men used same tugs and evil perpetrators as thugs and protected from Jungle justice(Bakasi boys).A known Mafia and Killer named Escapee is still wining and dinning with the power brokers In Umuahia and collecting taxes from Okadas at Aba inspite of all the evil he did.Slangs like "if u bend down,u see Aba" was used freely by the residents to show their city's supremacy over others.Ngwanu,e don Happen !
One day,However,all those killers and ppl financing and supporting them wud meet their doom and it wont be very long.The blood of the innocent cries.
Re: Parents Cry Over Abducted School Pupils by daylae(m): 10:16am On Sep 30, 2010
What a nightmare to encounter at such tender age. The parents shouldn't trust on the sham efforts of the police in securing the release of those kids.
In as much as i hate to say this,the parents must start making efforts to meet the terms of the kidnappers before is to late. I just don't trust the police on this!
Re: Parents Cry Over Abducted School Pupils by Nobody: 10:38am On Sep 30, 2010
ifyalways:

Aba's Problem did not start today.From way back,it has always been Ndi Maf(Osusu boys etc) to Ndi akpo obi(ulo elu,ngwa road,clifford road,Milverton)girls were abducted on the streets in broad daylight and no-one dares talk.
The Politicians,biz men used same tugs and evil perpetrators as thugs and protected from Jungle justice(Bakasi boys)
.A known Mafia and Killer named Escapee is still wining and dinning with the power brokers In Umuahia and collecting taxes from Okadas at Aba inspite of all the evil he did.Slangs like "if u bend down,u see Aba" was used freely by the residents to show their city's supremacy over others.Ngwanu,e don Happen !
One day,However,all those killers and ppl financing and supporting them wud meet their doom and it wont be very long.The blood of the innocent cries.
So Aba has been in trouble for long ? I guess this is the time to treat the issue once and for all.that will be if jonathan has the political will to do so.
Re: Parents Cry Over Abducted School Pupils by saintneo(m): 10:58am On Sep 30, 2010
ifyalways:

The Politicians,biz men used same tugs and evil perpetrators as thugs and protected from Jungle justice(Bakasi boys).A known Mafia and Killer named Escapee is still wining and dinning with the power brokers In Umuahia and collecting taxes from Okadas at Aba inspite of all the evil he did.Slangs like "if u bend down,u see Aba" was used freely by the residents to show their city's supremacy over others.Ngwanu,e don Happen !

exact description of Aba. these thugs even oppressed beyond borders prior to 1999; they terrorised PH thugs as well.

now where is ruff coin and his NWA ABA song.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHfcKCTIB64&feature=related

my Aba friends, nna biko bianu kaa unu mezie nsogbu unu o!
Re: Parents Cry Over Abducted School Pupils by oludashmi(f): 11:51am On Sep 30, 2010
daylae:

[b]What a nightmare to encounter at such tender age. [/b]The parents shouldn't trust on the sham efforts of the police in securing the release of those kids.
In as much as i hate to say this,the parents must start making efforts to meet the terms of the kidnappers before is to late.  I just don't trust the police on this! 
Hmmn, what a nightmare, they will forever have this in their memory

I think you are right cos if the demands are not met, they can harm those children and the government of this country will only commiserate with them. Meanwhile the 5 female corpers that were kidnapped 14 days ago are yet to be released.

A woman called star FM (Lagos) on Monday narrating how someone she knows was kidnapped and getting to the kidnappers zone, they found over 60 pple tied there but in few days 2 of them were slaughtered right in their presence cos their families did not co-operate with their demands, and parts of their body were negotiated for ready ritualists.
Re: Parents Cry Over Abducted School Pupils by oluite(f): 12:30pm On Sep 30, 2010
i wonder hw these heartless souls sleep at nite!why will u kidnap such little kids of nursery n primary sch age? This is Pure Wickedness!!!
Re: Parents Cry Over Abducted School Pupils by kemisuga(f): 12:42pm On Sep 30, 2010
ONLY THAT GOD IS SLOW TO ANGER,
sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad
Re: Parents Cry Over Abducted School Pupils by anonimi: 12:50pm On Sep 30, 2010
Chase the Hooligans-in-Power (HiPs) out and vote in better candidates.

Remember to RSVP -

Register;
Select and sponsor(your candidates);
Vote;
Protect your votes;

Let this be our motto for this election period.
Copy and text the motto to as many as possible on your GSM and several times during the voter registration period.
One Man, One Vote!!!
Re: Parents Cry Over Abducted School Pupils by Nobody: 12:52pm On Sep 30, 2010
@kemisuga

With all this evil you still believe there is god? very funny!
Re: Parents Cry Over Abducted School Pupils by Nobody: 12:53pm On Sep 30, 2010
oludashmi:

Hmmn, what a nightmare, they will forever have this in their memory

I think you are right cos if the demands are not met, they can harm those children and the government of this country will only commiserate with them. Meanwhile the 5 female corpers that were kidnapped 14 days ago are yet to be released.

A woman called star FM (Lagos) on Monday narrating how someone she knows was kidnapped and getting to the kidnappers zone, they found over 60 pple tied there but in few days 2 of them were slaughtered right in their presence cos their families did not co-operate with their demands, and parts of their body were negotiated for ready ritualists.

Igbo Kwenu! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Parents Cry Over Abducted School Pupils by donblacky(m): 1:00pm On Sep 30, 2010
GOD pls save ur little children let no harm cm close 2 them,may their cry bring justice on dos doomed criminals, amen!!
Re: Parents Cry Over Abducted School Pupils by bisiaet: 1:25pm On Sep 30, 2010
I can understnad how all these parent feel it is so pathetic I just pray for this kids safety. This is wickedness and heaven must surely punish these guys.
Re: Parents Cry Over Abducted School Pupils by toskin: 2:53pm On Sep 30, 2010
i just pray all the kids are safe,with the increasing number of paedophiles and ritualists in our midst
Re: Parents Cry Over Abducted School Pupils by hackney(m): 3:40pm On Sep 30, 2010
I have so many questions to ask God when i see him.
seriously.
Re: Parents Cry Over Abducted School Pupils by softgirl1: 4:23pm On Sep 30, 2010
O God ariase and disgrace this unholy act free this children and this country for distruction this is absulotly unfair very unfair
Re: Parents Cry Over Abducted School Pupils by clomn(m): 4:33pm On Sep 30, 2010
god pls visit aba, abia state
Re: Parents Cry Over Abducted School Pupils by Ranoscky(m): 4:37pm On Sep 30, 2010
I really think it's time for a Female to b'com president of Nigeria !!!

Why? undecided A woman in power can never allow all these evil act to get to these stage before she reacts.
Men are strong hearted, them no send sometimes. How can you allow a Kidnappin case to get up to theses xtent before you react? But a woman will act quickly b'cos, she knows what it take's to have a child, and she can't watch som1 take her child away from her for no mu-tha-fukkin reason !!! sad

My taught pls !!!
Re: Parents Cry Over Abducted School Pupils by Rastamann: 5:09pm On Sep 30, 2010
Pray, Nigerians Pray
Re: Parents Cry Over Abducted School Pupils by blackcat1: 5:53pm On Sep 30, 2010
Iboland again
Re: Parents Cry Over Abducted School Pupils by alkanes1(m): 6:30pm On Sep 30, 2010
It is a pity that the busty commercial city of Aba is turning to something else.God help us
Re: Parents Cry Over Abducted School Pupils by eros(m): 6:34pm On Sep 30, 2010
. . . . . . . . . . . . .Lost of words to comment over the pathetic case of Nigeria
Re: Parents Cry Over Abducted School Pupils by Nobody: 7:09pm On Sep 30, 2010
oludashmi:

[color=#000099]

Nigerians are not ready to free themselves.
According to 2face; 'Nobody wan die but dem wan go heaven.'
Things like this are happening in Nigeria and people go about their regular lives as if all is peachy.
Untill the citizens suffer enough to get the boldness needed to start a revolution, I am afraid we might just remain in this sorry state because violence seems to be the only language our self-centered politicians understand. (remember the Niger Delta issue and kidnapping of expatriates).
Re: Parents Cry Over Abducted School Pupils by OmoAlata(f): 7:23pm On Sep 30, 2010
kids of between three and 10 years old. Awful, bladdie awful angry

(1) (Reply)

I Never Wanted To Be S’africa’s President —mandela / Tinubu: US, UK Banks Release Accounts Details; Tinubu May Be Declared Wanted / Has Buhari Apologised For Killing Igbos In 1966 Coup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.