Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,209 members, 7,829,335 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:04 AM

Night After Omotola’s Album Launch - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Night After Omotola’s Album Launch (4308 Views)

Cynthia Morgan's Colour Combination To Seyi Shay's Album Launch: Hit Or Trashy? / Iyanya Buys A New Bentley After Abuja Album Launch (photo) / Iyanya's Girlfriend Freda Stuns As Kcee,Others Perform At His Album Launch(Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Night After Omotola’s Album Launch by Nobody: 10:58am On Sep 30, 2010
The musical talent that Nollywood star, Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde, is currently exploring received a boost last week when her album, Feel Alright, was launched in Lagos amidst fanfare.

With leading comedian, Ali Baba, as the master of ceremonies, humour, music and tributes ruled the air, with Jalade-Ekeinde mounting the stage to perform songs from the album.

A former Governor of Ogun State, Chief Segun Osoba, led many other dignitaries to the event held at Eko Hotel Victoria Island, Lagos.

Among them were representatives of the Delta and Ondo state governments; celebrity matriarchs, Abba Folawiyo and Florence Ita-Giwa; Publisher of Ovation magazine and presidential hopeful, Dele Momodu; Silverbird boss, Mr. Ben Bruce and businessman/politician, Prof. Pat Utomi.

From the entertainment industry were Tuface Idibia, Dj Jimmy Jatt, Sasha, Ay, Ali Baba, Chidi Mokeme, Stella Damasus, Matse and Omawunmi.

While Ali Baba opened the show with jokes, a rain of tributes poured on the celebrant, via a video presentation of her life and career. Titled The Journey, the documentary featured eminent personalities giving their views on the essence of the beautiful artiste. Among such are Sound Sultan; publisher of TW Magazine, Adesuwa Onyenekwe; seasoned actress, Joke Silva and celebrated actor, Segun Arinze.

Coming after was the unveiling of the video Stop The War, Stop The War, a song that centres on the effects of war on humanity, featuring award winning rapper, Mode 9. Other artistes such as Ayo Makun and Franlking Speaking, also entertained the guests.

In a show of solidarity, Tuface Idibia and Makun’s wife, Mabel, donated N100,000 to Ekehinde, who also launched her charity organisation, Give and Let Give on Sunday.
Re: Night After Omotola’s Album Launch by Nobody: 10:59am On Sep 30, 2010
Re: Night After Omotola’s Album Launch by opabukun(m): 12:30pm On Sep 30, 2010
Hope this will sell beyond former?
da glory of the,  wishing her well sha.lol
Re: Night After Omotola’s Album Launch by Akuviv: 1:10pm On Sep 30, 2010
@ Jennykadry : your profile pic got me reeling with laughter. Please send it to the jokes section. grin grin Is that your toaster?
Re: Night After Omotola’s Album Launch by Nobody: 1:14pm On Sep 30, 2010
Good luck to her, but seriously singing is not her cup of tea that been said, I have enomous respect for her.
Re: Night After Omotola’s Album Launch by Nobody: 3:03pm On Sep 30, 2010
^^^^
She is trying to be J Lo
Re: Night After Omotola’s Album Launch by matiltomd(f): 3:52pm On Sep 30, 2010
Akuviv:

@ Jennykadry : your profile pic got me reeling with laughter. Please send it to the jokes section. grin grin Is that your toaster?

Now that's a classic picture!!!! What in the devil's name was he looking for in the bush grin grin grin grin
Re: Night After Omotola’s Album Launch by eros(m): 5:48pm On Sep 30, 2010
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Re: Night After Omotola’s Album Launch by alkanes1(m): 6:20pm On Sep 30, 2010
This girl has got the swagg.Thumbs up to her
Re: Night After Omotola’s Album Launch by Dolemite(f): 10:22pm On Sep 30, 2010
jennykadry:

In a show of solidarity, Tuface Idibia and Makun’s wife, Mabel, donated N100,000 to Ekehinde, who also launched her charity organisation, Give and Let Give on Sunday.
Cheap motherfu-kers. . . angry
Re: Night After Omotola’s Album Launch by Ayowumie(m): 12:33am On Oct 01, 2010
nikkykay:

^^^^
She is trying to be J Lo
In a widest dream.

rokiatu:

Good luck to her, but seriously singing is not her cup of tea that been said, I have enomous respect for her.
Every body wan become musician.
Re: Night After Omotola’s Album Launch by POChikero(m): 12:39am On Oct 01, 2010
I was there , I was ashamed for her really because it was a case of fish swimming outside the water. singing is not and can never be an omotola thing. though she performed with a live band which i think is a plus for her but the music thing is not for her. the show lacked the presence of nollywood faces except stella and chidi mokeme, it was a nollywood desert! it seems that she doesn't have nollywood friends which i think is very bad.
Re: Night After Omotola’s Album Launch by Dolemite(f): 1:11am On Oct 01, 2010
PO Chikero:

I was there , I was ashamed for her really because it was a case of fish swimming outside the water. singing is not and can never be an omotola thing. though she performed with a live band which i think is a plus for her but the music thing is not for her. the show lacked the presence of nollywood faces except stella and chidi mokeme, it was a nollywood desert! it seems that she doesn't have nollywood friends which i think is very bad.
Really? because Linda Ikeji said she sang very well. . .
Re: Night After Omotola’s Album Launch by Ranoscky(m): 7:03am On Oct 01, 2010
matiltom_d:

Now that's a classic picture!!!! What in the devil's name was he looking for in the bush grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin grin

Don't blame him my sista, maybe back then, that bush was the only beautiful flower to ever pose on !!! grin

You can tell by his 'Old Skool' look that he's really and truely a village man !!!

@Jennykadry, kudos to your toaster !!! wink
Re: Night After Omotola’s Album Launch by style2: 11:26am On Oct 01, 2010
Commend her effort to make an effort in an area of less competence compared to her acting prowess.
Surepractice leads to perfection, keep the good work flowing.

Moderator: Permit me to use this medium, (this will hopefully make Nigerians happy)

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE!
May this celebration usher Nigerian into a great country with God-chosen leaders to lead the country in the right direction.
May the citizens flourish in all worthy exploits.

Hope you are all enjoying yourselves; as we promised, GORGEOUS LOOKS is giving 5000 Naira FREE GIFTS to all Nigerians to enjoy on our website: http://www.thegorgeouslooks.com/

Hurry now while offer last, as there will be high interest in the FREE GIFT.
Re: Night After Omotola’s Album Launch by suxes2005(m): 12:10pm On Oct 01, 2010
i fink i just like her cos of her
stature:-)

Sweet Madam,

SHALOM
Re: Night After Omotola’s Album Launch by Nobody: 12:58pm On Oct 01, 2010
All the people wey dey jealous my proifle pic, na jealousy go kill una grin grin grin grin that dude is fine naaa grin grin
Re: Night After Omotola’s Album Launch by DESTINYJ: 7:01pm On Oct 01, 2010
@ Jennykadry : your profile pic got me reeling with laughter. Please send it to the jokes section.   Is that your toaster?
smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Night After Omotola’s Album Launch by favouredjb(f): 8:13am On Oct 02, 2010
Kudos to omosexy,love her,but I ll keep on saying it that music is not her forte

Btw,100k donated by tubaba is very small,lol
Re: Night After Omotola’s Album Launch by Osmondi: 3:43pm On Oct 03, 2010
:oBecos someone told her she looks like watered-down Beyonce, she wan sing?it's not by like that o! I guess pple may have told her but she just wants to be blind or they are so wicked to have not told her.She has to train further before releasing album,becos to whom much is given much is expected.She is a superstar already as per movies,so she has to match that level b4 eva thinking of coming out as singer.She also needs a super producer/groomer.With determination she might make it but not NOW cry
Re: Night After Omotola’s Album Launch by eneigele: 12:34am On Oct 04, 2010
she's not cut out for music,even if they dash me th cd i no go collecj but i can sit 4 hrs and watch her movie.
Re: Night After Omotola’s Album Launch by svovi: 3:08pm On Oct 05, 2010
CANT SING CANT DANCE and cant ACT
my advise BIN IT OMO-KING KONG
Re: Night After Omotola’s Album Launch by favouredjb(f): 8:36pm On Oct 06, 2010
And what did u just spew?
Re: Night After Omotola’s Album Launch by svovi: 8:41pm On Oct 06, 2010
U DONT HEAR AGAIN,l beg
instead od OMO-SEXY it must be OMO-KONG,she got gaint palms like KING KONG
Re: Night After Omotola’s Album Launch by favouredjb(f): 9:36pm On Oct 06, 2010
Na wa o,what has her palm got to do wit anything?
Re: Night After Omotola’s Album Launch by svovi: 11:16pm On Oct 06, 2010
The palm has everything to do with everything,u pple u not get me angry this evening wo angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Night After Omotola’s Album Launch by Akuviv: 8:10am On Oct 07, 2010
jennykadry:

All the people wey dey jealous my proifle pic, na jealousy go kill una grin grin grin grin that dude is fine naaa grin grin

Haba Jennykadry we dey fight? wink Nobody is disputing the fact that he is handsome but like a wise poster cheesy cheesy :Dasked na wetin e dey fine for bush? Bush meat for Jennylove tongue?
Re: Night After Omotola’s Album Launch by ifyalways(f): 9:06am On Oct 07, 2010
svovi:

U DONT HEAR AGAIN,l beg
instead od OMO-SEXY it must be OMO-KONG,she got gaint palms like KING KONG
How did u notice her palms?you touch am for dream?
Na wao for some people .
Re: Night After Omotola’s Album Launch by clemcykul(f): 9:43am On Oct 07, 2010
her body is just deceiving her, having a good body does not mean u have a great voice!

she needs to beat it and restrain herself to her church choir smiley
Re: Night After Omotola’s Album Launch by favouredjb(f): 8:51pm On Oct 07, 2010
Seems she's determined to be a singer,am sure ppl must av told her music is not for her
Re: Night After Omotola’s Album Launch by svovi: 12:22pm On Oct 08, 2010
[/quote][quote author=ifyalways link=topic=522861.msg6891891#msg6891891 date=1286438774]
How did u notice her palms?you touch am for dream?
Na wao for some people .

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Celebrity Action Actor- Chuck Norris Has Really Aged!-photos / Funke Akindele Abused Emotionally & Verbally By Her Ex-husband, Kehinde Oloyede / 70-year-old Body Builder Whose Abs Would Make Many Lady Melt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.