Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,669 members, 7,816,755 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:32 PM

5 Moments For Medication Safety - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 5 Moments For Medication Safety (175 Views)

Photos Of Rare Moments From Medical World / Share Your Embarrassing Moments With The Doctor / Please Stop Self Medication, See serious Side Effects (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

5 Moments For Medication Safety by healthpriority: 9:19am On Jun 06, 2019
Do you know the medications you take in?
Have you ever wondered why you take some medications and you react to it?

Please read this

I have spoken to some people I met using medications and I just ask them what they are using and all they tell me is the brand name of the product.... I then throw further questions at them and they just tell me it is because of a particular sickness... Doctor prescribed to them or a pharmacist gave them. Just to be clear I will even pick up one of the many medications and ask why he/she is taking it..... And the reply is "I don't know"
The painful thing is they might even be complaining of symptoms and don't even know if it is the side effect of the medications they are taking or not. Some even go to the extent of buying the same medication the doctor prescribed for them the last time they were sick, because the symptoms is feeling like it not thinking that it could be something else.... Some take overdose and tell you they want fast action, some don't take the complete medications, skip for an hour, a day or two and they feel it is OK. I know the country we are in and I also know some medical practitioners won't tell you the use of the medication until you ask them... So please let's try to be inquisitive here.... It is our health not theirs.

NOW HERE ARE THE TIPS[[/b]b]

1. Starting a medication
*Know the name of the medication and what the medication is for
* Know the risk and possible side effect.

2. Taking my Medication
*When should I take this medication?
* How many should I take each time?
*What should I do if I have side effect?

3. Adding a Medication
* Do I really need any other medication?
* Can this medication interact with my other medications?

4.Reviewing my Medications
*How long should I take each Medication?
* Am I taking any medication I no longer need?

5. Stopping my Medication
* When should I stop each medication?
* If I have to stop my medication due to unwanted effect, where should I report this?

(1) (Reply)

Medical Treatment In UK / Treatment For Staphylococcus / Your Skin Gets Its "Glow" With Herblin Complex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.