Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,523 members, 7,861,521 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 01:43 PM

Pls advise: 600k For Labour, 4bedroom Bungalow, Fence/Instal Gate, Aboki House - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Pls advise: 600k For Labour, 4bedroom Bungalow, Fence/Instal Gate, Aboki House (907 Views)

Tastefully Finished 4bedroom Bungalow With 5t/4b @ Progressive Estate Ojodu. PIX / The Construction Of A 4bedroom Bungalow In Lagos / Executive 3bedroom Service Flat To Let @ Agungi Lekki For 2.2m Rent 600k For. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls advise: 600k For Labour, 4bedroom Bungalow, Fence/Instal Gate, Aboki House by Jussi(m): 11:52am On Sep 30, 2010
I am consulting on starting a four bedroom bungalow in Nsukka. After some daunting enquiries, we got a builder who agrees to bring his workmen and build it at the cost of 400k (bungalow), and 200k for fencing and aboki house. I will source all the materials, and his charge does NOT include plastering, roofing, plumbing, wiring, painting.

Floorplan measures 224.17 square meter on a plot.

Please my people, is 600k a reasonable cost for labour (bungalow, fence and aboki house)?

Abeg make you help me put mouth inside this mata,

Thanking you all

sozoemena@hotmail.com
Re: Pls advise: 600k For Labour, 4bedroom Bungalow, Fence/Instal Gate, Aboki House by Jussi(m): 7:24pm On Sep 30, 2010
Make una say something now smiley
Re: Pls advise: 600k For Labour, 4bedroom Bungalow, Fence/Instal Gate, Aboki House by Jussi(m): 8:02pm On Sep 30, 2010
Thanks, still expecting your advice.
Re: Pls advise: 600k For Labour, 4bedroom Bungalow, Fence/Instal Gate, Aboki House by larimo(m): 9:38pm On Sep 30, 2010
Its very reasonable to me, but the real challenge should be who he will be bringing.
It also depends on the challenges on ground, e.g. the type of foundation needed, etc

You can equally talk to ask least 2 more people and get their quotations and compare the prices. Best of favour
Re: Pls advise: 600k For Labour, 4bedroom Bungalow, Fence/Instal Gate, Aboki House by Jussi(m): 10:27pm On Sep 30, 2010
@larimo,

Thanks so much bro for your input. We had a couple of other builders who led us (kid brother) round to view previous and ongoing projects. While one of them insisted on getting daily pay, it was surprising that the third person had difficulty interpreting what was supposed to be a simple drawing. This was my kid brother's impression. Soil type is sandy and very flat. What do you advise on the foundation?

The very guy who agrees to do it at 600k has a background in architecture, and promised to bring his regular team of workers.

I forgot to mention that all rooms are ensuite. There would be a guest toilet and dining, but not sure whether these would have much implications on the actual cost.

I salute you.
Re: Pls advise: 600k For Labour, 4bedroom Bungalow, Fence/Instal Gate, Aboki House by larimo(m): 5:39am On Oct 01, 2010
am a client and not a trained builder. however, for the foundation, you may need to test the soil. impressions you get as being sandy may be wrong if you do not dig to see whats beneath. Mine was the case. If the soil is solid like we find in the north, no need for an elaborate foundation. If its water-logged, a raft may be needed. Just make sure they check the soil before starting. "If the foundation be destroyed, "

I really think 600k is cheap based on what I am doing. Probably its not going to be a challenging one for them but counter-check! Am doing a 4-BD twin duplex (324 sq.m) and the labour for water-logged foundation alone was over 1M but it was a 1.5m raft foundation (i think its possibly bloated being my first experience).

All the best!
Re: Pls advise: 600k For Labour, 4bedroom Bungalow, Fence/Instal Gate, Aboki House by Jussi(m): 10:26pm On Oct 01, 2010
You seem to be more experienced, and yes there's a need for soil testing. As a newbie, my impression was that a german floor would good enough. I might be wrong and would have to seek professional advice especially at certain critical stages of the work.

All the best with your project, and may God continue to bless you.

(1) (Reply)

4 Bedroom Duplex In Magado N50m (pic attach'd) / Wanted - Flat To Rent @ 1004, Asap! / Mini Flat To Let At Wemabod Estate Adeniyi Jones Ikeja 350k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.