Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,614 members, 7,820,179 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:58 AM

CAF President, Ahmad Ahmad Arrested In Paris. - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / CAF President, Ahmad Ahmad Arrested In Paris. (41483 Views)

Patrice Motsepe Elected CAF President / African Soccer President, Ahmad Ahmad Banned For 5 Years By FIFA / CAF President, Ahmad Ahmad Tests Positive For COVID-19 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CAF President, Ahmad Ahmad Arrested In Paris. by Famocious(m): 1:55pm On Jun 06, 2019
ogatboy:

What of Fifa and corruption. I think you suffer from the black mentality syndrome

What's this one saying? undecided

Is the headline about Fifa or CAF?

Has anyone exonerated Fifa from corruption?

Please stay off my mention if your lack etiquette for social media discourse..
Re: CAF President, Ahmad Ahmad Arrested In Paris. by Famocious(m): 1:57pm On Jun 06, 2019
OkaNaUbe:

And you think FIFA is better? All these organizations are corrupt.

Sepp Blatter is still a free man, despite all the huge corruption in his time. Even now too.

I'm aware of that, I've not said anything to exonerate Fifa

The headline is not about Fifa but CAF..

This may interest you

1 Share

Re: CAF President, Ahmad Ahmad Arrested In Paris. by TheExecutioner: 2:14pm On Jun 06, 2019
I MAD, I MAD
Re: CAF President, Ahmad Ahmad Arrested In Paris. by vicfajeze: 2:16pm On Jun 06, 2019
naptu2:
I'm getting unconfirmed reports that NFF president, Amaju Pinnick, is now the acting president of CAF.
BI TENIKAN OBA BAJE TENI KAN KOLE DARA

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CAF President, Ahmad Ahmad Arrested In Paris. by UKBobo(m): 2:24pm On Jun 06, 2019
daddytime:
Hmmm

Why Always Africa and Africans. Skin color notwithstanding, we all seem to have the same DNA ingrained within us.

Balotelli
Re: CAF President, Ahmad Ahmad Arrested In Paris. by Mccullum: 2:32pm On Jun 06, 2019
tactius:

Ahmad Ahmad is not a Nigerian...he is from Madagascar.

What a pity! You have time to answer this unscrupulous racist, Yorubas will always be the reason for his craziness.

1 Like

Re: CAF President, Ahmad Ahmad Arrested In Paris. by jrusky(m): 2:57pm On Jun 06, 2019
Obaofusa:
Hahaha Yoruba man will never disappoint

Always bringing shame to the nation, always into crime

Why always afonja?

Pls when did Yoruba man became CAF President
Re: CAF President, Ahmad Ahmad Arrested In Paris. by OGHENAOGIE(m): 3:41pm On Jun 06, 2019
naptu2:
I'm getting unconfirmed reports that NFF president, Amaju Pinnick, is now the acting president of CAF.
and amaju get im issues for naija.. na God save am from dalung
Re: CAF President, Ahmad Ahmad Arrested In Paris. by OGHENAOGIE(m): 3:43pm On Jun 06, 2019
Realhommie:
I always saw him as a future CAF president... This could have been Amos Adamu long ago but for corruption.

Why are a lot of these football administrators so corrupt btw? It doesn't matter whether it's the Asian, South American, European confederations, they're are all the same.
there is mad money in football...at least afta blatter was eased out no one can stay as president in an federation or confederation forever
Re: CAF President, Ahmad Ahmad Arrested In Paris. by OGHENAOGIE(m): 3:45pm On Jun 06, 2019
tactius:

Exactly...

And there is Michel Platini....who has court cases pending, has been convicted....and even has a lifetime ban from football.

How about several high ranking FIFA officals who were caught up in the US corruption investigation a few years ago? Several of them were white...including the US football official whose crime kicked off the investigation.
platini ban is not life he is returning to football soon
Re: CAF President, Ahmad Ahmad Arrested In Paris. by Realhommie(m): 3:57pm On Jun 06, 2019
OGHENAOGIE:
there is mad money in football...at least afta blatter was eased out no one can stay as president in an federation or confederation forever
True that
Re: CAF President, Ahmad Ahmad Arrested In Paris. by TeeNBee(m): 4:33pm On Jun 06, 2019
Obaofusa:
Hahaha Yoruba man will never disappoint

Always bringing shame to the nation, always into crime

Why always afonja?

Who is this idiot
Re: CAF President, Ahmad Ahmad Arrested In Paris. by dfrost: 4:55pm On Jun 06, 2019
naptu2:

Chuck Blazer. I remember that he was the president of the United States Soccer Federation (their FA) when the US hosted the World Cup in 1994.

USA '94 was so succesful that he eventually got a seat on the FIFA executive committee. He was involved in the corruption in FIFA until the FBI secretly arrested him.

He struck a deal with the FBI and he helped the FBI to spy on other FIFA executive committee members in exchange for a lighter sentence.

Hi naptu2, on your pictures about Chuck Blazer, what on earth did the guy do to himself? shocked undecided

From 1994 - c2011, just 17 years and he blew up like a ballon? What? shocked

Modified:

I did a search and I discovered the man in the picture with Joao Havelange is Alan I. Rothenberg. Please confirm again.
Re: CAF President, Ahmad Ahmad Arrested In Paris. by naptu2: 5:03pm On Jun 06, 2019
dfrost:

Hi naptu2, on your pictures about Chuck Blazer, what on earth did the guy do to himself? shocked undecided

From 1994 - c2011, just 17 years and he blew up like a ballon? What? shocked

That's why I was so shocked. The guy looked smooth and clean cut back then, and then all of a sudden he became over weight and had Santa Clause beards. God forgive me, but he looked like a garbage man.

2 Likes

Re: CAF President, Ahmad Ahmad Arrested In Paris. by dfrost: 5:07pm On Jun 06, 2019
naptu2:

That's why I was so shocked. The guy looked smooth and clean cut back then, and then all of a sudden he became over weight and had Santa Claud beards. God forgive me, but he looked like a garbage man.

cheesy grin
Re: CAF President, Ahmad Ahmad Arrested In Paris. by naptu2: 5:10pm On Jun 06, 2019
dfrost:

cheesy grin

I've added two more photos of the way he looked in 1994.

naptu2:
Look at these two pictures and imagine my shock.

The guy on the left in the first picture is Chuck Blazer (the guy on the right is former FIFA president Joao Havelange). This is the way that I remember Chuck Blazer.

He was the president of the United States Soccer Federation and he, Bill Clinton and Al Gore did a lot of publicity for the 1994 World Cup in the USA.

(I also remember him because of his name - Blazer. A new version of the Chevrolet Blazer was released into the Nigerian market c1994).

He was still in the news after the World Cup. This was because one of the conditions that FIFA gave the US before awarding the World Cup to them was that they would start a proper league. So he was in the news, trying to promote the MLS.

Then it was as if he disappeared from the planet.

He reappeared c2011 and the second picture shows how he looked when he reappeared.

USA '94 was so succesful that he was given a seat on the FIFA executive committe. He was also in the executive committee of CONCACAF.

Some CONCACAF executives were accused of corruption in 2011 and he sacked them because of the publicity around the case. They then accused him of corruption and this got the attention of the FBI.

The FBI investigated him and found corrupt practices in the way he ran the US Soccer Federation and in his activities with CONCACAF and FIFA. They secretly arrested him and got him to wear a wire and spy on other FIFA executives in exchange for a lighter sentence.

Chuck Blazer died in 2017.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/9566643_chick_jpeg929799c72b1412904ce02c17102cba01

www.nairaland.com/attachments/9566644_chuck2_jpegaf8e86f0311ad091b26482ae0907817f

www.nairaland.com/attachments/9566665_chuck_jpeg0792eb0d038b33050d587149c6c2c8f8

www.nairaland.com/attachments/9566666_blazer_jpegff961f8e37a354ed874d77a8e72ef6b4

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CAF President, Ahmad Ahmad Arrested In Paris. by ogatboy(m): 7:29pm On Jun 06, 2019
Famocious:

What's this one saying? undecided

Is the headline about Fifa or CAF?

Has anyone exonerated Fifa from corruption?

Please stay off my mention if your lack etiquette for social media discourse..

Then or you don't know how to reason and comment logically or you are allergic to response, social media is not for you. Use print media
Re: CAF President, Ahmad Ahmad Arrested In Paris. by naptu2: 11:28pm On Jun 06, 2019
Update: Ahmad has been released without charge by French authorities.

He will attend the opening ceremony of the Women's World Cup before travelling back to Egypt.

Picture below: Ahmad Ahmad with members of the FIFA and CAF executive committees after his release.

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Top Privately Owned Football Clubs In Nigeria / Mansur Calar Uses Razor Blade To Attack Ferhat Yazgan, Haci Dogru On The Field / Michael Ojo Dies In Serbia During Training

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.