Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,925 members, 7,835,090 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:43 AM

This TRUE Story Teaches How To Deal With Pride In Marriage, From A Divorcee - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / This TRUE Story Teaches How To Deal With Pride In Marriage, From A Divorcee (395 Views)

Should One Ask A Divorcee What Caused The Split? / Cheating With Pride. Wife Explains Why / Is It Wise For A Man To Marry A Divorcee Who Has 3 Little Kids? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

This TRUE Story Teaches How To Deal With Pride In Marriage, From A Divorcee by crackclap: 5:14pm On Jun 06, 2019
I am writing to you in order to make someone understand that it’s good to appreciate our partners despite their flaws. I am writing so we can all see the little devil called pride.

The Question at the end of the day will be, is it advisable to involve ego and third party in our union? Let’s see.

The fight to manage humility in marriage as a girl from a rich home takes more than a mere line of I can do it.

Just like talking is cheap, building your marriage or containing with pride is cheap unless we admit that we really need to assess ourselves and not give a damn of what people think of us. Why?

Not only that pride is a relationship killer, or the many stories of my pride is ruining many marriages, fact is, when the fruit of prides sprouts, we will be the ONLY one to bear all the aftermath effects.

In his 10 Warning Signs of Pride In Marriage, Kevin A. Thompson identifies factors such as Refusal to be influenced by their spouse, Addiction to attention, Refusal to submit to authority, Inability to see opposing viewpoints and more.

In spite of all these, why then is humility in marriage not worn as a garment?

Before we look at this true story, let’s see how humility makes a difference in marital conflict. Feel Free to Jump to True Story.

How pride can destroy a marriage… According to Greg Smalley of FocusontheFamily, he listed out what humility looks like during conflict:

I focus on you.

I give you my full attention.

I am patient.

I seek to understand you before being understood by you.

I listen with my eyes, ears and open heart.

I assume the best about you.

I ask God to change me instead of trying to change you.

I respect your feelings regardless of whether they make sense to me.

I treat you with gentleness and compassion.

I forgive you.

Now you see, when pride comes knowing that it can destroy a marriage, we can take solace in the above.

This TRUE Story Teaches How To Deal With Pride In Marriage, from a Divorcee
Disclaimer: We don’t know how old this story is but it came in yesterday. Enjoy.

I am 32 years of age.

My ex-husband and I dated for 6 years.

We were best of friends.

I waited until he completed college and started work.

My family and his family then met.

We got married and had a son. (7 years old now).

My husband was short tempered at times but our problems started when I wanted to make him feel he couldn’t control me.

Every time we argued, I would pack my bags, go to my family and explain.

My sisters would phone my husband and shout at him.

If he was controlling me I would always dare him that if he wished, he could divorce me.

I never wanted divorce.

I just had pride and I never wanted to look like a loose woman in his eyes.

One day I pushed him so hard that for the first time he beat me and locked me outside.

I went to my family, my family took him to the police, every time I looked like I was being abused!

But to be honest, I used to abuse my husband emotionally.

He was arrested and detained.

I was asked by his family to withdraw the case.

I felt that what I was doing was wrong.

My husband was never a violent man, he did what he did because I pushed him to the wall of which he openly knelt down and apologized.

I withdrew the charge, and we reconciled.

After three months, I packed my bags after a small issue and he remained alone.

After two days, I received a call that he was in the hospital.

My family told me that I shouldn’t go there because it would look like I was begging him and my sisters believed he was feigning the illness.

All this time, people felt sorry for me like I was the one being abused.

He spent a week in the hospital, after he came out, I just received a divorce summon.

I wanted to say no to divorce, but because I felt this pride, I wanted him to change his mind and beg me.

I called him and said he would get the divorce because I lived like I was in hell.

When we went to court, I wanted to make him pay, so I told the court that I needed his properties to be shared.

To my surprise he openly told the court that whatever he and I acquired together should be given to me, all he wanted was divorce.

We were divorced in 2009 July.

Now, my husband is married, whilst l am here wasted!

My family members are gossiping about me.

I depend on what my ex-husband gives to my son for survival.

I know I wasted my marriage.

I am here telling all wives that they should be careful how they get advice.

Don’t be cheated, don’t entertain family interference in your marriage my dear reader.

Even my young sisters are much more respected than me.

Those who encouraged me to get divorced are always teasing and bad mouthing me.

Please ladies, be vigilant in your marriage.

Thought it wise to share my story to save your marriage.

There is no benefit in pride for nothing.

Sometimes it’s not the man’s fault at all, it’s your pride, and the people you allowed to advise you, so be wise and vigilant in your marriage.

The big question – is it advisable to involve ego and third party in our union?

What have you to say?

https://crackclap.com/Pride in my Marriage

(1) (Reply)

Married Women Fall From 3 Storey Building While Fighting / 5 Coolest Back To School Backpacks / 4 Coolest Back To School Backpacks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.