Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,277 members, 7,954,093 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:15 PM

What's The Right Sequence - To Brake Or Clutch First - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / What's The Right Sequence - To Brake Or Clutch First (687 Views)

Transmission Fluid , Coolant, Brake / Clutch Fluid, Synthetic Diesel Oil / Transmission Fluid , Coolant, Brake / Clutch Fluid, Synthetic Diesel Oil / A Four Year Old Boy Crushed To Death Due To Brake Failure In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's The Right Sequence - To Brake Or Clutch First by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jun 06, 2019
I saw this picture not long ago, and the replies were mixed, shows we have a lot of bad drivers or people are just being lousy.

Brake then Clutch?

OR

Clutch then Brake?

What's your take?

Re: What's The Right Sequence - To Brake Or Clutch First by rusher14: 6:15pm On Jun 06, 2019
Brake then clutch for gear adjustment.

1 Like

Re: What's The Right Sequence - To Brake Or Clutch First by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jun 06, 2019
rusher14:
Brake then clutch for gear adjustment.
Clutch then Brake isn't valid? I mean what's the use?
Re: What's The Right Sequence - To Brake Or Clutch First by rusher14: 6:34pm On Jun 06, 2019
Datazone:

Clutch then Brake isn't valid? I mean what's the use?

The clutch helps to engage the gear network.
Using the clutch to brake is called coasting if I'm right.
Re: What's The Right Sequence - To Brake Or Clutch First by Hustlersdiary: 6:47pm On Jun 06, 2019
I clutch then brake.

3 Likes

Re: What's The Right Sequence - To Brake Or Clutch First by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jun 06, 2019
At cruising speed u brake then clutch, this gives you the benefit of engine braking as well. This helps slow than faster with less brake force applied. It helps your brake pad last longer too.

My two cents.
Re: What's The Right Sequence - To Brake Or Clutch First by Ojimelukwe(m): 5:37am On Jun 07, 2019
Clutching before braking increases the car speed momentarily and you are very likely going to run into the obstacle in front in an emergency situation.

The better way of stopping a car is braking before clutching. What the clutch does here is to ensure the engine doesn't jerk and possibly die down.

(1) (Reply)

Abuja: 2001 Honda Accord @ 520k #Sold / 2008 Nissan Xtrail For Sale N1,350m / 6months Used Honda Pilot 2004 #1 4m Asking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.